• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get it, but I'm not into fab's deal getting fucked off over some dude's anachronistic approach to pets.

Someone just tweeted some bollocks about them being prohibited, but it was all about pitbulls. Not the small pugs of Fabs. I am sure the Prophet loved pugs.

Yeah the Saudi lads aren't into their luxuries, fair enough
I am not talking about today, besides not all Saudis are loaded. I am not here to make excuse for the Saudis, I'm just giving context. Plenty of Emaratis have dogs, so it all depends how much weight you put on certain Shariah Edicts

Last edited:
I appreciate there's no sense to it. There are explanations and reasons, but no sense.
This attitude towards dogs isn't new. There are lot of similarities between Jews and Muslims.
[article]
Judaism has a preoccupation, going back to antiquity, with cleanliness. The very common Jewish prayer Ma Tovu starts with “How lovely are your tents, O Jacob; your encampments, O Israel!” Balaam, a non-Jew, was sent to curse the Israelites, but is impressed with their tidy encampment. So the prayer starts with his words.
Dogs are, in my experience, messy, not unclean. Animals aren’t human. They as a rule don’t have the same hygiene behaviors as humans.
I suppose there is a cultural stream of, an attitude of, dogs as “unclean” in Judaism. Judaism arises out of a desert existence, a nomadic existence. This has influenced the attitudes to some extent.
[/article]

The biggest drop off in our history
This attitude towards dogs isn't new. There are lot of similarities between Jews and Muslims.
[article]
Judaism has a preoccupation, going back to antiquity, with cleanliness. The very common Jewish prayer Ma Tovu starts with “How lovely are your tents, O Jacob; your encampments, O Israel!” Balaam, a non-Jew, was sent to curse the Israelites, but is impressed with their tidy encampment. So the prayer starts with his words.
Dogs are, in my experience, messy, not unclean. Animals aren’t human. They as a rule don’t have the same hygiene behaviors as humans.
I suppose there is a cultural stream of, an attitude of, dogs as “unclean” in Judaism. Judaism arises out of a desert existence, a nomadic existence. This has influenced the attitudes to some extent.
[/article]
barmy fuckers

This whole thread has made me delighted I have cats - even though the little fuckers keep shitting in our herb & veggie gardens despite my best efforts to keep them from getting access. I had to move my new pygmy orange tree away from their clutches too.

Put this way the Ottoman's slaughtered the first uprising by the Sauds in the 18th centaury. Not many people are aware, the Ottomans were one of the first to decriminalise Homosexuality. The original deal for what we know as KSA was given to King Hussain's grandfather of Jordan. But he wouldn't quite play the puppet to his masters in London and Paris so they looked at the Sauds. Back in the 1950s Pan Arab Nationalism and leftwing secular politics was on the rise which was very secular but because it looked sympathetically to the USSR, the US asked the Sauds to spread their creed.
If one goes to Sufi shrines, you'll see societies outcasts like transwomen being embraced.
Ajmer Sherif is the biggest one in the world, and here's an example. Muslim society is way more complexed and layered than most people like to admit

Fucking hell, Bluebell is an adult?
That just leaves Binomial as the 15 year old.

Last edited:
This whole thread has made me delighted I have cats - even though the little fuckers keep shitting in our herb & veggie gardens despite my best efforts to keep them from getting access. I had to move my new pygmy orange tree away from their clutches too.
As a cat lover, would you ever get a Main Coon cat? They're not cheap, go from £600 to £1500 but far cheaper than the ugly furless cat

Organic fertiliser and buried too. What more could you want?

So why do we have to eat fish on Fridays. Is that related to dogs?
Back in the day well-to-do people really took the piss with that rule too. Amongst the "fish" you could eat in the Middle Ages during lent and Fridays were sausages made from dolphin meat (which like swans, only could be served at the royal table), beavers' tails, barnacle geese and puffins. Oh, and rabbit foetuses. Yum.

As a cat lover, would you ever get a Main Coon cat? They're not cheap, go from £600 to £1500 but far cheaper than the ugly furless cat

I have 2 rescue cats - they’re lovely - but no, I wouldn’t get a Main Coon or a hairless one.

Back in the day well-to-do people really took the piss with that rule too. Amongst the "fish" you could eat in the Middle Ages during lent and Fridays were sausages made from dolphin meat (which like swans, only could be served at the royal table), beavers' tails, barnacle geese and puffins. Oh, and rabbit foetuses. Yum.

In that Bill Bryson Shakespeare book, he said something about the church recategorising chicken as fish. Never read it anywhere since though.

In that Bill Bryson Shakespeare book, he said something about the church recategorising chicken as fish. Never read it anywhere since though.
That sounds like an English church move after the Reformation when it was basically a "fuck yer rules" to Rome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom