• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO No@StevieM you are NOT starting a series of fucking poor dog gags

*gets King Canute’s chair and places on the dog joke beach*

You’ll get washed away when the batterSea comes in!!!!

Why do Saudi's hate dogs?
People may ask who is Abu Hurayrah (name translated as a Cat Lover)? He is a contentious figure but it was well known he did not like dogs.
[article]
Al-Bukhaari (2145) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: �Whoever keeps a dog, a qiraat from his good deeds will be deducted every day, except a dog for farming or herding livestock.

Muslim (2978) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Whoever keeps a dog that is not a dog for hunting, herding livestock or farming, two qiraats will be deducted from his reward each day.

[/article]
Back then dogs were seen as pets, much like a horse it fulfilled a function. It should be remembered dogs carried rabies back then, a safe distance between them and man was created. Is there universal revulsion of dogs in Islam? The answer is, No! But it would be hard to deprogramme 1200 years of tradition

Last edited:
Or a visionary who predicted how lazy and weird people would become with their dogs

Face it. The lads who wrote the Qur'an were fannies who were scared of dogs.

Or they knew that their lazy bastard owners wouldn't pick up the shit they leave behind or that they'd breed them with every other kind and watch them cause havoc after they bite every bastard

So the O.G Muslims are sound with dogs but the wasabi lads embellished it all?
Put this way the Ottoman's slaughtered the first uprising by the Sauds in the 18th centaury. Not many people are aware, the Ottomans were one of the first to decriminalise Homosexuality. The original deal for what we know as KSA was given to King Hussain's grandfather of Jordan. But he wouldn't quite play the puppet to his masters in London and Paris so they looked at the Sauds. Back in the 1950s Pan Arab Nationalism and leftwing secular politics was on the rise which was very secular but because it looked sympathetically to the USSR, the US asked the Sauds to spread their creed.
If one goes to Sufi shrines, you'll see societies outcasts like transwomen being embraced.
Ajmer Sherif is the biggest one in the world, and here's an example. Muslim society is way more complexed and layered than most people like to admit

Last edited:
Yeah I know the ottomans were sound enough, but it's the whole dog issue I'm interested in.
You've heard the term Sunni right? Well, Sunni's as a sect emerged not 1400 years ago, but about 1200 years ago. So about 150 years after the prophet's death Jurists began to argue about drawing laws and injunctions based on the saying and doing of the prophet. Any Narration would have to have a chain, to the original 3rd person. So it would go something like Abu Talib heard from Abu Malik, who heard from Abu Abdul going back to a companion of the prophet such as Abu Hurayra (a convert to Islam who had only known the prophet for 18M and not one trusted by the other companions) who would be the original source.
As I said Abu Hurayra literally means Father of Cats, and he did not like Dogs. However to be fair to him, 1400 years ago where this said idea came from Dogs were considered a risk to have. Rabies, fleas, open defecation etc...
If one looks at orthodox Jewish communities, you will not see much dogs either, alot of that has to do with WW2 and how dogs were used. We are 80 years on but the stigma of dogs remains.
Here's some imagery from the 19th centaury of what relations between dog and muslim man was like
https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.935217126598165.1073741874.880940165359195&type=3

Last edited:
I googled it, as a dog owner.
It seems the dogs are considered "dirty" - a disease risk, particularly when in touch with their nose, mouth. Then, as a muslim, you need to wash yourself according to a particular procedure.
Also, culturally, dogs are accepted when doing tasks, such as herding, hunting etc. but not as pets alone.

That's google for you, so no verification, and I imagine this is just one of several grades of acceptance/non-acceptance.

Last edited:
In one of the anthropology classes I taught, we had a text by Marvin Harris, who is considered one of the main scholars in the direction of material determinism - that the material surroundings are decisive for the cultures that develop in that area.
Anyway, he put forward an argument for the reason that Jews and Arabs don't dig on swine. He traced it back to thousands of years ago when the Mesopotamia was more wet and forested. The populous then also had pigs, who graze in forests.
But more recent, still X thousand years ago, the climate changed and the region got much warmer and thus drier. The pigs need to cool themselves down, and do so in water, which was by now scarce in the region which became very arid.
Thus the pigs were left to roll around in their own piss and feces, making them dirty and stinky. So, they stopped having pigs, as they were considered dirty.

And since then, pigs have been non grata, and this has been manifested also in their religions.

Yeah I get it, but I'm not into fab's deal getting fucked off over some dude's anachronistic approach to pets.

Yeah some people don't like dogs. I get that. Think it's a bit of a weird thing to have as part of the whole tradition though.
Dogs like Horses were seen as a utility... Its not till much later that they became pets. Having a pet is a luxury, one only a few could afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom