• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of crocking shite, swear to god if this club ever enters talks with them FUCKING CUNTS again I’ll burn Anfield to the ground before it’s even rebuilt….and that’s with 55000 inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No but seriously I am a bit pissed off with this, hopefully we can do something with Bayern for Fab-Grav swap.

What did you expect? If you bend over like we did, expect to get shafted once in a while.

The Fabinho transfer is so far advanced that it probably gets done.
Easy thing for the Saudis to accept the payment terms.

[article]Urgent - Sports: Al-Ittihad & Al-Nasr & Al-Shabab Saudi clubs are all prohibited from registering as a result of separate penalties issued against them by FIFA and the CAS Court. Club #الهلال is the only Saudi club that does not face any penalty among the four. [/article]

This is probably why.

… or it’s a ploy for us to cool our interest in Lavia because Fabs is going in the expectation Southampton shit their pants and grab the offer on the table

The Athletic

Al Nassr — the club Cristiano Ronaldo plays for in Saudi Arabia — have been banned by FIFA from registering new players due to “outstanding debt”.
The ban means the Saudi Pro League side could technically sign new players but would be unable to register them to play until their debts are cleared.
“The club Al Nassr is currently prevented from registering new players due to outstanding debts,” a FIFA spokesperson said.
“The relevant bans will be lifted immediately upon the settlement of the debts being confirmed by the creditors concerned.”

seems same true of Al itthad - until they pay off debts for existing transfers they can’t register new signings

Last edited:
The Athletic

Al Nassr — the club Cristiano Ronaldo plays for in Saudi Arabia — have been banned by FIFA from registering new players due to “outstanding debt”.
The ban means the Saudi Pro League side could technically sign new players but would be unable to register them to play until their debts are cleared.
“The club Al Nassr is currently prevented from registering new players due to outstanding debts,” a FIFA spokesperson said.
“The relevant bans will be lifted immediately upon the settlement of the debts being confirmed by the creditors concerned.”

seems same true of Al itthad - until they pay off debts for existing transfers they can’t register new signings
This is old news. The debts are tiny. I saw £380,000 mentioned.

Given how fickle and untrustworthy the Saudis are when it comes to paying debts - to the point that literally yesterday they had to be forced by FIFA to clear their current debts to be able to register players - if I were Liverpool I would not entertain any kind of extended payment plan. Pay £40M in a lump sum, if you can’t - fuck off. We’re under no obligation to sell.

Last edited:
Given how fickle and untrustworthy the Saudis are when it comes to paying debts - to the point that they had to be forced by FIFA to clear their current debts to be able to register players literally yesterday - if I were Liverpool I would not entertain any kind of extended payment plan. Pay £40M in a lump sum, if you can’t - fuck off. We’re under no obligation to sell.
You clearly forgotten who owns LFC.

You clearly forgotten who owns LFC.

Henry is not stupid. Do you know how frustrating it is when someone owes you money and you have next to no leverage over them? Once they get what they want, you can bet they will drag their financial obligations out for as long as they can - making Barca/Coutinho saga look quaint by comparison. We should not put ourselves in a precarious position.

Henry is not stupid. Do you know how frustrating it is when someone owes you money and you have next to no leverage over them? Once they get what they want, you can bet they will drag their financial obligations out for as long as they can - making Barca/Coutinho saga look quaint by comparison. We should not put ourselves in a precarious position.
Just a quick reminder that, despite my frequent Easter-egg gag to the contrary, we got paid EARLY for Coutinho, not late. And it was Farcelona that paid the interest on the extended payment terms with the finance house, not us.
For anyone who missed it, what happened was this:
  1. Barca approached a lender because they didn't have the cash to pay us when due.
  2. The lender paid us in full (and early) the amount outstanding from Barca, in return for taking on the right to receive the money due from Barca, plus interest.
  3. The lender agreed then to relax the timelines for payment of the debt so Barca had more time to pay. Barca would have paid arrangement fees and interest for this, increasing the amount they had to pay.
  4. Barca disclosed in the accounts that we had sold on our receivable (strictly correct, but misleading as it made it look like we needed the money, rather than them needing more time to pay).
Barca's alternative would have been to borrow directly from a bank to pay us, but that would have shown up as a loan in their accounts, which would have cause panic. By doing what they did, it stayed on the books as a transfer debt and everyone thought "Oh that's OK", when obviously it wasn't.

Just a quick reminder that, despite my frequent Easter-egg gag to the contrary, we got paid EARLY for Coutinho, not late. And it was Farcelona that paid the interest on the extended payment terms with the finance house, not us.
For anyone who missed it, what happened was this:
  1. Barca approached a lender because they didn't have the cash to pay us when due.
  2. The lender paid us in full (and early) the amount outstanding from Barca, in return for taking on the right to receive the money due from Barca, plus interest.
  3. The lender agreed then to relax the timelines for payment of the debt so Barca had more time to pay. Barca would have paid arrangement fees and interest for this, increasing the amount they had to pay.
  4. Barca disclosed in the accounts that we had sold on our receivable (strictly correct, but misleading as it made it look like we needed the money, rather than them needing more time to pay).
Barca's alternative would have been to borrow directly from a bank to pay us, but that would have shown up as a loan in their accounts, which would have cause panic. By doing what they did, it stayed on the books as a transfer debt and everyone thought "Oh that's OK", when obviously it wasn't.
You have told us this before but you never reveal how much Barca still owe us.

We usually sell off the debt anyway I believe
To my knowledge, the Coutinho transaction is the only time we've done this, ever. See my post above which explains why / how it was Barca and not us that wanted this. I believe we would have happily waited.

What would you call the following?
Selling Melwood only to buy it back a few months later at a much higher price.
Allowing the likes of Can, Wini etc to run their contracts down.
Back in 2019 when the back line was decimated, waiting the last day of the window to get unfit manc fan from the Championship and a German crock and we scraped 3rd
This season the tight sod wouldn't give the money for a MF, knowing it could jeopardise 4th but still would not open his wallet.

NO No@StevieM you are NOT starting a series of fucking poor dog gags

*gets King Canute’s chair and places on the dog joke beach*

The correct term is Frenchie. Do you not subscribe to Instagram where Frenchies have already staged a coup and now dominate comedy / cute / ugly dog videos?
Actually never ever signed up to that platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom