• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (a) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, conclusions

bobby doesn't start for us again
Trent gets a fucking bollocking and told to buck his ideas up
We need a midfielder. Not up for discussion. Thiago cannot be relied on for a season (and when he was on the pitch he was shite)
Elliott looked raw but eager. That rawness needs to change to actual ability soon though.

Overally a shit show, and we somehow salvaged a draw.

2-2. Really poor performance all around. Nunez a bright spark.

Only one more inept was the ref and VAR. Pointless

Our rondos in those Inside Training clips are amazing, and then we get to the matches and Trent can't pass to a teammate not 10 yards from him.

Fulham were good value for a point. We looked like we were still in preseason mode. Midfield was ominously one paced.

We had an awful habit of conceding first towards the end of last season, and then needing to dig out results. It's continuing, ultimately I'm not sure what that says about the team but it's not positive.

Nunez is going to be a hugely divisive player, you can see it already. He causes problems, creates chances and gets goals. But he's sloppy on the ball and he's going to miss alot of good opportunities because he can't sort his feet out.

2-2. Really poor performance all around. Nunez a bright spark.

Only one more inept was the ref and VAR. Pointless
VAR couldn't do anything about the penalty. There was contact.

Was it enough to make him fall over? Absolutely not. But there was contact with the knee.

Fulham were good value for a point. We looked like we were still in preseason mode. Midfield was ominously one paced.

We had an awful habit of conceding first towards the end of last season, and then needing to dig out results. It's continuing, ultimately I'm not sure what that says about the team but it's not positive.

Nunez is going to be a hugely divisive player, you can see it already. He causes problems, creates chances and gets goals. But he's sloppy on the ball and he's going to miss alot of good opportunities because he can't sort his feet out.

You think? I think everyone loves the mimbo. I mean look at today. God wanted him to have that goal. It's like an own goal assist.

Anyway our MotM has to be Nunez, a goal and an assist and almost more. He may not have great feet but he knows how to score.

Elliott was next for me. He was excellent.

VAR couldn't do anything about the penalty. There was contact.

Was it enough to make him fall over? Absolutely not. But there was contact with the knee.

Atwell was the VAR. It was obvious it would stand. Clear and obvious error? Yeah, it probably is because its the softest penalty. Absurd as the studio over here said.

First incident. Palhina misses the tackle and stamps on Hendos foot. Free kick all day. But not for Atwell.

I don’t think I’m exaggerating when i say there’s plenty of time to make up for the 2 points dropped, might be the kick up the arse needed.

So me, numerous posters here, the entire media outside of lfc, are all clueless?

Sound.

Consider taking your head out your arse before the next match thread.

The entire media outside of LFC? Lol
Thats sound advice you should give to yourself.

Absurd penalty as Freddie Ljungberg said in the studio. But foreign media doesnt count in England I’m guessing.

The first 30 minutes we were second best to every single ball played we lost all tussles and very very slow tempo played.

2 pts down the toilet, memo to Jürgen. START with Darwin.
I'm convinced we would have if he had. Firmino was shite and Nunez a handful and forced their back line deeper and deeper. That brought Mo into it too instead of being a peripheral figure.

Atwell was the VAR. It was obvious it would stand. Clear and obvious error? Yeah, it probably is because its the softest penalty. Absurd as the studio over here said.

First incident. Palhina misses the tackle and stamps on Hendos foot. Free kick all day. But not for Atwell.
Mate, I don't think anyone disagrees it was soft and it wasn't a penalty.

However as there was contact, it automatically becomes subjective. VAR can't overule it.

The foul on Henderson. Similar. It's subjective. Was it a foul? Probably.

But the goal came about 10 seconds after that. There is precedent that a subjective foul so far away from the goal won't be given. It's only for second yellow, red cards, offsides, foul directly leading to a goal, penalties etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom