• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Fulham (a) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that milner was a catalyst for us against fucking fulham shows we have fucking massive issues

The players underestimated Fulham and paid the penalty (no pun intended). The Mitrovitch goal was a foul on Trent, so the ref fucked up there. The penalty against VVD was harsh. However, you'll get some decisions go for you in some games at other times against you.
The big worry is the pile up of injuries. we are getting so early on

The players underestimated Fulham and paid the penalty (no pun intended). The Mitrovitch goal was a foul on Trent, so the ref fucked up there. The penalty against VVD was harsh. However, you'll get some decisions go for you in some games at other times against you.
The big worry is the pile up of injuries. we are getting so early on
On Henderson, you mean? That said, we had ample opportunities to prevent the cross. Once that cross was delivered Mitrovic ws going to be better than anybody at the back post and it's not as if we had not been forewarned.

But you're right-- some players thought they could just turn up and get three points. I mean, we scored two goals at Fulham and didn't still get the three points :mad:

Still think its insanely soft and the ref shouldnt have given it. A food for thought is that when people claim knee on knee contact and the player goes down clutching his shin in «agony».
Weeeell, it doesnt look like much contact if any.
Think he fooled the ref in all honesty.

Not saying we deserved anything from the game, but it doesnt help with two decisions that you feel goes against you.

It's insanely soft, but in real time it look like van dijk took him out, and VAR saw there was contact.

Chalk it up to experience and move on. We can't expect anything from the refs in this league

Yeah, you’re right about that.

Leeds should have gotten a pen, Sessegnon could have gotten a red and Godfrey broke his ankle after the ref didnt blow his whistle when the ball was out.
Not a good start for the refs and VAR.

The fact that milner was a catalyst for us against fucking fulham shows we have fucking massive issues

I totally agree with this, but can I also just say that I have no issue with Milner getting that extra year, but on the basis that he would be used sparingly in emergencies when needed because in the last few games including last season when he has played for us in various positions he has been excellent. I cannot actually praise him enough and as a midfielder - he makes the right runs and tackles when you want him to, so I wish people would not disregard him as someone without any technical ability because the guy has that plus a great footballing mind.

Of all the injuries we have had - I am surprised at how fragile someone like Curtis is turning out to be. He seems to get injured a lot these days, and I just don't understand how he has developed into such a player. I really think highly of his abilities and what a difference he can make as shown by his performances two seasons ago. But he has got to stay fit and play more.

It's insanely soft, but in real time it look like van dijk took him out, and VAR saw there was contact.

Chalk it up to experience and move on. We can't expect anything from the refs in this league

This makes it even worse:

Both were pens. It does not, repeat not matter how "soft" Virgil's contact was - the contact was there, it was a foul warranting a direct free-kick, so in the area it's a penalty and I for one would have been steaming if someone got away with a similar tackle against us.

Fulham took 4 points out of 6 off us last time they were in the Prem and earned one yesterday. Let's face the facts here and fix what needs fixing.

Both were pens. It does not, repeat not matter how "soft" Virgil's contact was - the contact was there, it was a foul warranting a direct free-kick, so in the area it's a penalty and I for one would have been steaming if someone got away with a similar tackle against us.

Fulham took 4 points out of 6 off us last time they were in the Prem and earned one yesterday. Let's face the facts here and fix what needs fixing.
Yet people were happy they were coming up as an easy 6 points. Those cunts should have a 10 year ban from promotion.

Joel Rabinowitz
@joel_archie

Liverpool have gone 1-0 down in seven of their last nine games in all competitions now (and in each of their last five league games). On four of those occasions they've conceded the opening goal within the first 15 minutes. Starting slow is becoming a habit that needs breaking.

Trent really should have given a much clearer shout to Virgil that he was there as I'm not convined he knew that Trent was easily there to intercept. It all came from a stupid give away of possession (same as the first goal).

I dont really get the contact was there part in all honesty. Knee on knee and he goes down clutches his shin.
So fucking soft.

I dont really get the contact was there part in all honesty. Knee on knee and he goes down clutches his shin.
So fucking soft.

It's soft but Virg did a massive kick with his leg, getting nowhere near the ball. It was wild and he's played football before so will know what happens. His brain was in first gear.

It's soft but Virg did a massive kick with his leg, getting nowhere near the ball. It was wild and he's played football before so will know what happens. His brain was in first gear.

Yeah, its the kick that does it for the ref. The contact is so minimal its absurd. If any.

Yeah, its the kick that does it for the ref. The contact is so minimal its absurd. If any.

Agreed. It's basically like 'umpires call' in cricket. If the ref doesn't give it then VAR wouldn't overturn, but as the ref gave it they see enough to not make him change his mind.

My biggest issue is both the needless giving away of possession when we were dominant and the lack of comms between Virg and Trent with Trent calling that he has it covered. Not a good day at the office defensively for our RB!

Agreed. It's basically like 'umpires call' in cricket. If the ref doesn't give it then VAR wouldn't overturn, but as the ref gave it they see enough to not make him change his mind.

My biggest issue is both the needless giving away of possession when we were dominant and the lack of comms between Virg and Trent with Trent calling that he has it covered. Not a good day at the office defensively for our RB!

Agreed, I dont think VAR would do anything if he hadnt given it. But I can see why he gave it when Virgil sticks his leg out and leaves it there for the tackle. Everything happens so quickly as well.
Very uncharacteristic defending by Virgil.

Matip gave the ball away very needlessly before the penalty. We have this knack of making life hard for ourselves when we arent playing well. Our players lost possession very easily a number of times.

Just poor all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom