• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - FA Cup - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never get the dissent rule, sometimes a player says one word and is yellow carded, other times a player launches a verbal barrage at the linesman, like Odegaard just did, and nothing happens.
Clearly Odegaard didn't raise his arm high enough ... or was trying to pull it in just in time.

Konate is a monster, shut down so many things was a real leader also really enjoyed his performance.

Whoever jumped on the pitch to celebrate the goal left with a headache after Darwin kept smacking him. He's actually mental but he's not managing to score many goal or provide much of a tangible threat unf.

I've barely paid attention this second half. Sounds like I haven't missed much?
For anyone who didn't see it ... it was a cracking second half, most will say it was 50/50 but I thought we bested them everywhere : our defence snuffed out their attacks (bar a couple of arsehole puckers) our midfield was much better and actually creating for the forwards and our forwards ran them ragged and got their due reward. Not that Arsenal didn't have their moments, just that we were better than them overall. I'd love to see the 2nd half stats to see if that is accurate or I have red-tinted glasses.

Straight into the ratings then peeps.

Ali 8 - Incredible, shows why he's the best keeper in the world.

Trent 8 - Other than a few cheap giveaways and getting skinned a few times, thought he was brilliant. Best game in a while.
Ibou 9 - Shaky 10-15mins then completely dominated.
Quansah 8.5 - Star in the making. Looks so composed even in such a huge game.
Gomez 8 - Almost a costly error at the start, otherwise grew and grew. Getting back when Saka looked through on goal was exceptional.

Mac 5 - Bit shit. Missing Endo already.
Jones 6 - Nice skill, otherwise not much else going.
Gakpo 6 - First half a 5, 2nd a 7. Stop playing him in midfield please Klopp.

Elliott 6 - See Gakpo
Nunez 7 - Constant menace, brilliant 2nd half.
Diaz 7 - See Nunez

Bradley 8 - Very good in both aspects.
Jota 8 - Another positive cameo off the bench.
Grav 7 - See Jota.
Bobby 6.5 - Did alright.

For anyone who didn't see it ... it was a cracking second half, most will say it was 50/50 but I thought we bested them everywhere : our defence snuffed out their attacks (bar a couple of arsehole puckers) our midfield was much better and actually creating for the forwards and our forwards ran them ragged and got their due reward. Not that Arsenal didn't have their moments, just that we were better than them overall. I'd love to see the 2nd half stats to see if that is accurate or I have red-tinted glasses.
They had some joy down our right through Martinelli but we always had enough bodies to defend. Konate was a beast today.

Klopp showed Arteta who's the boss with his changes. We bested them in the second, even with a few kids.

It was fairly comfortable in the end I thought.

Fuck me ... he literally had a wall of players in front of him, a second to take a pot shot and went to curl it into the top corner, the only possible place he could have scored.
Some people don’t understand football. Like really don’t.

I was thinking, wow that game ended quite quickly. Then I realised that VAR wasn't used or needed at all.
Not saying that I'm against it but it actually got a bit more entertaining.

Lovely win! We played really well in the 2nd half. Klopps subs were spot on and the tactical adjustment at half time was fantastic. Youngsters that played or came on did us proud.

Think we found our starting forward line now:

Nunez - Jota - Diaz

I'm hoping the Nunez, Jota, Diaz front 3 is persisted with
That is our best 3 whilst Mo is away, and in those positions. All are going to score plenty in these 8 games Mo's away with that pace on both sides of the pitch and Jota poaching and linking in the middle.

Nunez - 3
Jota - 4
Diaz - 2
Gakpo - 1

How do we feel about Ibiza man Jorge Schmadtke now?
ac89308eac2fddd6c78d7caac1880d28.gif

Jota is just such an intelligent footballer.
Likez it's ridiculous how underrated he is..I just wish he could have a prolonged period of fitness
I am not sure how Pep Linjders will be as a stand alone coach. But he has played his part in getting players like Jota, Grav ... at the same time giving attention to young players like Jones, Elliott.

We were much better second half when we tried to threaten more. Lots to learn ahead of the league game against them.

I want see Diaz keep that RW role. The front three needs Jota to glue them together i feel. Hopefully by the next league game he’s fit to start.

Defence was pretty good, especially with si little midfield protection. Quansah & Ibu both impressive in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom