• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

It’s a bit stalker-like. These players all moved on with their lives and careers, spread around different clubs and countries - all of a sudden their former boss starts collecting them one by one. Why? What does he want to do with them?
He wants to recreate the past? It reeks of insecurity and a lack of imagination.

It’s a bit stalker-like. These players all moved on with their lives and careers, spread around different clubs and countries - all of a sudden their former boss starts collecting them one by one. Why? What does he want to do with them?
Dude, he's obviously preparing a heist.
His creme de la creme hasn't joined yet...De Jong.

im-in.gif

Brighton have signed Gruda from Mainz for 25m…another potential smart midfield buy for them…Mainz can no longer plead poverty when sniffing around Sepp either!

Brighton sign midfielder Gruda from Mainz for £25m​

Brajan Gruda playing for Mainz
IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES
Gruda contributed four Bundesliga goals and provided three assists for Mainz last season
Brighton have signed Germany Under-21 international Brajan Gruda in a £25m deal from Bundesliga side Mainz.

Gruda, 20, has agreed a four-year deal with Brighton and manager Fabian Hurzeler says he is looking forward to working with the midfielder.

He broke through with Mainz last season and made 28 appearances as he helped the club retain their top-flight status.

"I saw the big impact he made last season in the Bundesliga and he's a player I admire a lot," said Hurzeler.

Gruda, who trained with Germany's senior team prior to Euro 2024 and was tipped for a call-up before having to pull out through injury, had been heavily linked with a move to Bayern Munich.

He has played for Germany at all youth age groups from the age of 15 and has made seven appearances for the under-21s.

Brighton have signed Gruda from Mainz for 25m…another potential smart midfield buy for them…Mainz can no longer plead poverty when sniffing around Sepp either!

Brighton sign midfielder Gruda from Mainz for £25m​

Brajan Gruda playing for Mainz
IMAGE SOURCE, GETTY IMAGES
Gruda contributed four Bundesliga goals and provided three assists for Mainz last season
Brighton have signed Germany Under-21 international Brajan Gruda in a £25m deal from Bundesliga side Mainz.

Gruda, 20, has agreed a four-year deal with Brighton and manager Fabian Hurzeler says he is looking forward to working with the midfielder.

He broke through with Mainz last season and made 28 appearances as he helped the club retain their top-flight status.

"I saw the big impact he made last season in the Bundesliga and he's a player I admire a lot," said Hurzeler.

Gruda, who trained with Germany's senior team prior to Euro 2024 and was tipped for a call-up before having to pull out through injury, had been heavily linked with a move to Bayern Munich.

He has played for Germany at all youth age groups from the age of 15 and has made seven appearances for the under-21s.

Good.. they have enough money to bid £20m for Sepp now.

It's fine, we'll sign him from Brighton when he's worth £100 mill
So we get the one who is worth £100 million and not four £30 million players when only one ends up being good enough.

I’d love us to just go that’s the man we want who is 95% of the way they there and blow our budget on them. It’s better than a scatter gun approach with several players who are 80% the way there and just bloats our squad more with sub-standard players who may never make the grade.

So we get the one who is worth £100 million and not four £30 million players when only one ends up being good enough.

I’d love us to just go that’s the man we want who is 95% of the way they there and blow our budget on them. It’s better than a scatter gun approach with several players who are 80% the way there and just bloats our squad more with sub-standard players who may never make the grade.
I see it both sides of it. What you say makes sense, but then again there's someone like Robbo who we got for pocket change.
Isn't it the point of the transfer committee or whatever they call it to use their analytics to identify the right players for reasonable prices before the likes of Brighton sign them?

I see it both sides of it. What you say makes sense, but then again there's someone like Robbo who we got for pocket change.
Isn't it the point of the transfer committee or whatever they call it to use their analytics to identify the right players for reasonable prices before the likes of Brighton sign them?

You mean like that Rio kid from Chelsea? Or Trey Nyoni from Leicester? Or Bajcetic from Celta Vigo? Or Ben Doak from Celtic? Or Kaide Gordon from Derby? Or Bobby Clark from Newcastle (admittedly he's now sold).

But we have a reasonably strong recent history of poaching some of the best youth players from other British academies. None of these were 'grown' by us.

That’s where I’d like to see the youth team do its business. Get those top talents at a younger age and mould them into what we need. Those that don’t make the grade sell for more than what we paid.

You mean like that Rio kid from Chelsea? Or Trey Nyoni from Leicester? Or Bajcetic from Celta Vigo? Or Ben Doak from Celtic? Or Kaide Gordon from Derby? Or Bobby Clark from Newcastle (admittedly he's now sold).

But we have a reasonably strong recent history of poaching some of the best youth players from other British academies. None of these were 'grown' by us.
Stop fucking agreeing with me. I’m starting to like you again.

• Haha
Reactions: dee

That's great, but its also a waiting game with them.

That's great, but its also a waiting game with them.

Yeah true - there is arguably a middle ground of buying those in the 20-22 bracket as we seem to be more focused on either younger high potential players (which has the upside of them becoming home grown) or those closer to peaking.

I think once the first wave of those youngsters come through, every year or so that conveyor belt will start delivering, but it took a few years for the first ones to come through.

But also look at Elliot & Carvalho coming in, Bradley & Quansah last season. This season it might be Morton & Badger. Next season it could then be Nyoni, in 2 years time it could be Rio etc etc.

Brighton activating Rutter’s 40m release clause. 😵

That’s absolutely bonkers. Would they not have been better off keeping Undav?

That’s where I’d like to see the youth team do its business. Get those top talents at a younger age and mould them into what we need. Those that don’t make the grade sell for more than what we paid.
Oh come on Momo. You know as well as the rest of us that outstanding young talent doesn't mean they'll make the grade never mind be LFC standard. We could buy 50 outstanding youngsters and likely only 1 would end up in the first team - and even then not be World class.

I’m not on about those who are 9 and live in Kirkdale. I’m on about what we’ve done with Elliott and Carvalho. Look at them at 14-17 and take them. That gives a better idea who will have it.

Back
Top Bottom