• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

So Wan-Bisaka out and deLigt & Mazraoui in for net £35M+8.5M add-ons

Gambling! Bayern must be ecstatic. Offloaded Gravenberch, de Light and Mazraoui for big bucks

Where do they get their $$$ from?
Is PFF circumvented by 7-8 year contracts?
What’s with Murdryk, then?

As for Man U, that’s got to be some good business, surely? Still have Maguire, mind.

Bayern shouldn’t have bought Gravenberch and de Ligt in the first place.
So Wan-Bisaka out and deLigt & Mazraoui in for net £35M+8.5M add-ons

Gambling! Bayern must be ecstatic. Offloaded Gravenberch, de Light and Mazraoui for big bucks

I’m more surprised that the Utd fans seem to think this is a good deal.

How many former Ajax players has he bought now?

I mean, de ligt was highly thought of once. Might be able to get something back

I’m more surprised that the Utd fans seem to think this is a good deal.

How many former Ajax players has he bought now?
Seven?

Onana
De ligt mazaraoui martinez
Van den Beek Erickson
Anthony

VdB was prob before ten hag

That’s absolute nuts.

Amusingly… they’ve all been shite signings too.
All been shite, yeah I suppose in hindsight we can have a laugh about it…..except half of them us fans were drooling over the prospect of signing. Thankfully, thankfully their club hierachy is just as clueless on football as the junkies we have.

He’s accumulating prospects. Tying them into long term deals. He’s acting like it’s baseball. It’s bizarre.

Maybe he also thinks they need an active roster the size American Football teams have.

That’s absolute nuts.

Amusingly… they’ve all been shite signings too.
I was thinking this the other day. Is there a single Chelsea player you would take in our team? Even Enzo and Moises have been shite for them.
And if you do think of one you would take, then ask yourself whether you would buy that guy for the price they paid.
Madness.

Cole Palmer now has a new 9 year contract.. NINE!
This was something I mentioned the other day. Part of the argument for these longer contracts would be that, in theory, it helps them to keep their wage bill down, the theory being that if a player does better than expected, you still pay him at the rate you valued his potential at (although if he's shit you end up over-paying him for ages, like Winston Bogarde).
But the reality is the second a player over-performs, he and his agent come cap in hand for a new deal, and his wages go up to market rate. If you don't give him the new deal, he agitates for a move and will get it. And you don't get a bigger fee because he's got 6 years left on his deal as opposed to 2.
For a case study, see Suarez, Luis.

It’s a bit stalker-like. These players all moved on with their lives and careers, spread around different clubs and countries - all of a sudden their former boss starts collecting them one by one. Why? What does he want to do with them?

Back
Top Bottom