• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

If I may interject, Derek, I reckon it's a combo of a number of factors:

1. I accept what Slot says about it being hard to find new signings who are actually better than the players we already have - not impossible, but far from easy, so those who are out there will be correspondingly pricey;

2. We have money but we don't have unlimited amounts of it, which will place its own limit on whom we can sign; and

3. With Edwards (and a like-minded DoF in Hughes) running the show in very much a data-driven way, there may well be players whom popular opinion might see as suitable options but for whom the hard numbers don't support that view.

If I may interject, Derek, I reckon it's a combo of a number of factors:

1. I accept what Slot says about it being hard to find new signings who are actually better than the players we already have - not impossible, but far from easy, so those who are out there will be correspondingly pricey;

2. We have money but we don't have unlimited amounts of it, which will place its own limit on whom we can sign; and

3. With Edwards (and a like-minded DoF in Hughes) running the show in very much a data-driven way, there may well be players whom popular opinion might see as suitable options but for whom the hard numbers don't support that view.
Stop being so sensible!!!!!!!

Anyone putting money on Everton going down? If they did, would it kill the rivalry in the City. Could they become a Portsmouth?

1. Not a betting man, but if I were I'd defo consider having a cheeky fiver on it this season.

2. Their incompetence has made it a rivalry in name only for years anyway. The dislike would be ramped up another few notches though.

3. They certainly could and I hope they do.

Osimhen on loan to Galatasaray……this is some weird shit, they just got knocked out the CL.

Yikes! He's gone full Aubameyang.
I think he is on 10m a season and Chelsea only wanted to pay half so assume Turkey for the low tax and his wages. Clubs don’t want to pay his fee and he doesn’t want to go to Saudi yet I assume.

I have mixed feelings about that. I liked Matip and wish him well, but by the same token I won't enjoy seeing him turn out for another Prem team.

i don’t think you can bank on him being close to the same player with that injury at 32/33

I think he is on 10m a season and Chelsea only wanted to pay half so assume Turkey for the low tax and his wages. Clubs don’t want to pay his fee and he doesn’t want to go to Saudi yet I assume.

He did want to go to Saudi but clubs couldn't reach agreement is what I read.

I’d take him back for the season in a heartbeat. Much rather him than Gomez at CB. He was quality start of last season before the injury.
It wouldn't be unprecedented. Aurelio was released then brought back.
I agree that he'd be a better choice at CB, but will Matip really come back and be as good as he was before the injury?
Also, signing an injury prone defender again, can we rely on him to be there when we need him?

He did want to go to Saudi but clubs couldn't reach agreement is what I read.
Nah, bits read stated Manna (Napoli director) said he didn’t think he wanted to go there but definitely wanted to leave Naploi. Surely if Gala can pay the loan fee then Saudi’s much bigger Salary offer would have been workable and they had time to complete the transfer too.

View: https://x.com/Blue_Footy/status/1830960577159520344

Still cannot believe this actually happened - a £100M striker at the peak of his career passes up all opportunities at a big move, burns bridges with his club and ends up at rhe last minute on loan at Galatasaray. This is the most spectacular failure of agent-ing and player’s bad decisions I can remember.

Meanwhile, certain others like Sterling or Lukaku seem to land on their feet no matter how badly they performed the previous season. Hire good agents, folks!

I wonder how much is down to the agent. Osimhen has a history of doing and saying what he likes when he likes, and bugger the consequences.

I have mixed feelings about that. I liked Matip and wish him well, but by the same token I won't enjoy seeing him turn out sit in the treatment room for another Prem team.

Fixed for accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom