• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mascherano, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Barcelona vice-president of sport Rafael Yuste admits the club are admirers of Javier Mascherano - but has stopped short of saying a bid will to be lodged for the player.

The Liverpool midfielder has made no secret of his desire to secure a switch to reported suitors Barca this summer, having grown tired of life in England.

The Argentine, along with team-mate and Real Madrid target Xabi Alonso, has been the subject of intense speculation with regards his future.

Yuste has now fuelled the fire further after confirming his own, and Barcelona's, admiration for the defensive midfielder.

"I can confirm that Javier Mascherano is a fantastic player that personally I like a lot," he told Sky Sports. "But we have not listed (him).

"We have a lot of players who want to come to Barcelona. Mascherano is a fantastic player, of course, but he is today at Liverpool and he's playing very well.

"The future we cannot predict. We are just here today attending the match. He's a nice player - yes."

---

Just fuck the fuck off.

I'd just like to tell you all that I can confirm that Javier Mascherano is a fantastic player that personally I like a lot, I told SCM .

In other news; Ryan O'Hare, Chief Spokesperson for SixCrazyMinutes has claimed that "Lionel Messi is a player we like. We can't comment on how he'd fit in with the General Chat forum, but we'd think he'd add something to the FF. That's not to say we're gonna email him and ask to join the site though. Currently, he's contracted to Catalanonline.com and unless he forces a move, it's unlikely he'll be joining Glock and Spider-Neil anytime soon." A spokesperson for CO was unavailable for comment.

I don't think i'd want to sell mascherano on prinicple. Why sell arguably one of our best players?

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34939.msg912847#msg912847 date=1248703140]
In other news; Ryan O'Hare, Chief Spokesperson for SixCrazyMinutes has claimed that "Lionel Messi is a player we like. We can't comment on how he'd fit in with the General Chat forum, but we'd think he'd add something to the FF. That's not to say we're gonna email him and ask to join the site though. Currently, he's contracted to Catalanonline.com and unless he forces a move, it's unlikely he'll be joining Glock and Spider-Neil anytime soon." A spokesperson for CO was unavailable for comment.
[/quote]

That's the opposite of tapping up, Ryan.

I'd swap Mascher for Yaya and crazy money. Evidently Barca are into being ripped off in swap deals.

Jimmy Krankee, Chairwoman of Krankee Enterprises who owns the economic rights to several players recently told Shoot Magazine that she thinks Javier is "Fan-dabby Doozzy". Barcelona have reportedly urged Liverpool to report Jimmy for tapping up a player that they in fact have the tapping-up rights to...

[quote author=Anita link=topic=34939.msg912861#msg912861 date=1248704492]
Forget the 'crazy money', Yaya and £10million, they can have him.
[/quote]

Stuff that for a laugh. You were right the first time, and it would have to be REALLY crazy money.

I'm going to enjoy it when we knock either the Catalans or the Castillians on their arses should we play them in the European Cup this season.

The pair of horrible cunts.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34939.msg912847#msg912847 date=1248703140]
[/quote]

That reminds me - what's happened to Glock?

It could get worse.................

Javier Mascherano could be the latest midfielder to leave Liverpool for La Liga after the player's brother said he wanted a move to Barcelona.

Alonso and Mascherano: Heading for Spain?

After Xabi Alonso reportedly handed in a transfer request in his bid to claim a move to Real Madrid, Mascherano's brother now claims the Argentine is keen on a move to their biggest rivals.

Sebastian Mascherano told Spain's COM Radio: 'If Barcelona really come with a very good cash offer, I believe Javier may leave Liverpool as it would be the best for him and his family.

'But I think that if there is no good offer, they will not let him go."

Mascherano's agent Walter Tamer said last week the 25-year-old is 'tired of life' in England with Pep Guardiola's side his preferred destination.

Now the Liverpool star's brother has claimed Mascherano is keen to link up with fellow countryman Lionel Messi.

'I am sure Messi and Javier have spoken,' he said. 'Leo is one of the people who have been pushing the most for Javier to play at Barca.'

Should Alonso be allowed to leave, Rafael Benitez will surely battle hard to keep Mascherano at the club.

Daily Mail said:
Javier Mascherano's brother has poured more misery on Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez by reiterating the Argentina captain's desire to leave Anfield.
Seeing red: Javier Mascherano is causing Liverpool problems
Benitez looks set to lose his battle to keep Xabi Alonso from Real Madrid's clutches and has another battle trying to keep Mascherano happy on Merseyside.
Mascherano's agent Walter Tamer has already made it clear that the 25-year-old is 'tired of life' in England, though the club are prepared to triple his wages to make him see things differently.
But with Barcelona keen to make the former West Ham man their midfielder anchor, Sebastian Mascherano told Spain's COM Radio: 'If Barcelona really come with a very good cash offer, I believe Javier may leave Liverpool as it would be the best for him and his family.
'But I think that if there is no good offer, they will not let him go."
Sebastian believes that one of the reasons his brother wants to go to Nou Camp is to link up with Argentina colleague Lionel Messi, who has not hidden his desire for Mascherano to join the European champions.
'I am sure Messi and Javier have spoken,' he said. 'Leo is one of the people who have been pushing the most for Javier to play at Barca.'
Benitez will be determined to keep Mascherano if Alonso's move to Spain goes through as expected.

Barcelona do not have the desire to splash cash around in the way that Real Madrid have this summer and are already looking at alternatives.
Mascherano is the first choice of coach Pep Guardiola and technical secretary Txiki Begiristain, but they have all but given up on signing him or second choice, Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas, because they would bust their budget.
Compatriot: Barcelona star Lionel Messi
After shelling out £39m plus Samuel Eto'o for Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the Catalans have been hit by news that they must pay another £4.25m to the Italians because Alexander Hleb did not keep his part of the bargain, refusing to go to the San Siro on loan for a year.

Barca, who already have Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita and Sergi Busquets as holding midfielders are now looking at Plan B: to recruit a cheaper, up-and-coming player.
They have identified AZ Alkmaar's Mendes da Silva, Galatasaray's Mehmet Topal and Ajax's Jan Vertonghen as alternatives.
The X-factor would be if they decided to take a gamble on future earnings and splash out on Mascherano after all.
The mayor of Barcelona has approved a land deal that would see Barca selling off their Mini Estadi and other sites for an estimated £260m.
However, much of the funds have already been earmarked for improvements to the Nou Camp that would see an increase in capacity and the addition of a roof designed by Sir Norman Foster.

Hopefully we buy a CM ready for the start of the season and then another one in the January window. It's clear that even if Mascher does stay for one more year, he's going to do one next summer.

I'm seriously started to get pissed the fuck off here.

Where the fuck is the loyalty?

We saved Mascherano's career - I don't give a toss if he doesn't like the UK weather.

Although, this could be a ploy to get a better contract at LFC.

He's on 30k per week I think? Probably wants around 85k, and is playing dirty tactics to get his way...

Is it true he's only on £30k a week ? How many players are bought for £18 million then given £30,000 a week surely he's on more than that.

Yep, Mascher will stay for one more year, and then he'll probably fuck off aswell.

If Alonso goes, Rafa wont even accept a transfer request from Mascher. Losing both would finish off our season before it has started.
So, he'll be staying for the time being, even if his agent and brother are acting like whores.

I doubt Barca have the money either. Theyve spunked out for Maxwell, Keirrisson and Zlatan. And with a costy redevelopment at Nou Camp planned, theres not 40-50 mill for Mascher.

It's been done before but we didn't "save his career".

Anyway he deserves a contract which reflects his worth to us, and there's no chance Rafa will sell him this summer.

Fuck giving him a new contract if he wants out. Keep him on 30k a week (or whatever it is) and then sell him to the highest bidder next summer.

If he really does want out anyway, agreed. On the other hand, if it's a wage increase he's really after, I think he's well worth that. It's got to be one or the other though. I'm a big Mascher fan and IMO we'll miss him at least as much as Xabi, but there is a limit.

we should only sign africans who will be grateful to live in our futuristic metropolis. they also have a positive association with rain.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=34939.msg915021#msg915021 date=1248958314]
If he really does want out anyway, agreed. On the other hand, if it's a wage increase he's really after, I think he's well worth that. It's got to be one or the other though. I'm a big Mascher fan and IMO we'll miss him at least as much as Xabi, but there is a limit.
[/quote]

I just can't see him staying for anything longer than an extra season (payrise or not) JJ. We should just line up a replacement as quick as possible IMO, and if we had the funds I'd be more than happy for us to buy two CM's now in preparation for his departure.

It also worries me that his performances might dip this season. He's a dead cert for his national team, so he's hardly going to be worried about being dropped is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom