• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis, the next cab on the rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to be more than 50m, but I'm not as opposed to it as others.

The issue is there's a dearth of talent of wide players

listen, if they offer us 100+ million, we should take it and invest it in Tchouameni or Valverde (midfield is set), and put the rest into the best young wide player available in France or Germany.

Oh really?? Should pay more attention round ‘ere, hadn’t fucking noticed that 1.

@bluebell own up, was it you….
Did I think at the time we should have signed Ryan Fraser who was a free agent off the back of a really good season... Yeah, I supported it. He was a free agent and we needed wingers. Like I supported signing Adama for £15m. We are club strapped for cash, which is why beyond The Georgian I do not make calls for big fee signings.
If Klopp got a 6 and Kamada to save cash, you won't here any complaints from me. I think Kamada is class... But our need to get a 6 and then a CB is much much greater. Its dawning on me we're going into next season with 4 CBs who all have had lengthy lay offs due to injury, 3 of them cannot play 3 games in a row without sustaining an injury.

They're not going to go from offering 50m to 100m let's be honest here, he isn't going anywhere.

Did I think at the time we should have signed Ryan Fraser who was a free agent off the back of a really good season... Yeah, I supported it. He was a free agent and we needed wingers. Like I supported signing Adama for £15m. We are club strapped for cash, which is why beyond The Georgian I do not make calls for big fee signings.
If Klopp got a 6 and Kamada to save cash, you won't here any complaints from me. I think Kamada is class... But our need to get a 6 and then a CB is much much greater. Its dawning on me we're going into next season with 4 CBs who all have had lengthy lay offs due to injury, 3 of them cannot play 3 games in a row without sustaining an injury.

Yeah - but you’re as much of a head case as Dreamie… so you know… it’s expected that you’ll be all “headcasey” and have stupid ideas.

And anyway… this was after Ryan Fraser had been signed by Newcastle and would have cost money.

listen, if they offer us 100+ million, we should take it and invest it in Tchouameni or Valverde (midfield is set), and put the rest into the best young wide player available in France or Germany.
You aren't getting either of those. Madrid won't sell and they aren't interested in us.

I am on the fence with Diaz. Even in his first season when everyone was creaming over him, I wasn't that impressed. I expected more, largely due to the excessive praise. I thought I was the only one not seeing it.

He came back last season and he was much worse. Injury perhaps but if that's his true level, he's not even fit to lace Mane's boots. 50m isn't that far of a stretch tbh, based on what I have collectively seen so far.

he's not even fit to lace Mane's boots. 50m isn't that far of a stretch tbh, based on what I have collectively seen so far.

Not many are tbh....setting the standard extremely high there KR and unfairly too, was Mane really THAT much better in his first full season with us considering Diaz has only really played 2 half seasons....give him more time to flourish.

For them to offer 50m euros which is a little less to what we paid for him inc. add ons is embarrassing.....

So far the biggest transfer fee paid by SL is 46m for Neves I believe. I can’t see a SL team paying more than that for any player as they would also need to pay huge wages for a player to join the crappy league. I don’t think it’s realistic for people to expect a big transfer anyone, especially Diaz. Would be interesting to see what LFC would accept for Diaz though?

Not many are tbh....setting the standard extremely high there KR and unfairly too, was Mane really THAT much better in his first full season with us considering Diaz has only really played 2 half seasons....give him more time to flourish.

For them to offer 50m euros which is a little less to what we paid for him inc. add ons is embarrassing.....
Mane was our player of the season in his first season.

It is not their fault we overpaid. The fact that someone is willing to erase our mistake is already the silver lining. I don't think this 50m offer is that derisory, though it might have come too late.

I am just saying if he has another poor season, we wouldn't get 50m next season or at all.

Mane was our player of the season in his first season.

It is not their fault we overpaid. The fact that someone is willing to erase our mistake is already the silver lining. I don't think this 50m offer is that derisory, though it might have come too late.

I am just saying if he has another poor season, we wouldn't get 50m next season or at all.

We've also had Danny Murphy, Lucas Leiva and Martin Skrtel as our POTS in the past......so? It's not a representation of how good your season was compared to another player 5 years before, after or whenever. In Sadio's first season was a season there was no Ali, No Virg, No Salah, No Fab. 16/17 season - 13 goals, named POTS. 21/22 season - 23 goals, brandished as finished by Liverpool fans. Work that 1 out.

We overpaid for Diaz.....did we? Erase our mistake? Don't be naive KR you're better than this.

Diaz is a quality quality operator, he'll be back up to speed and he'll smash it for as long as he remains a Pool player.

Yeah - but you’re as much of a head case as Dreamie… so you know… it’s expected that you’ll be all “headcasey” and have stupid ideas.

And anyway… this was after Ryan Fraser had been signed by Newcastle and would have cost money.
When Fraser was available on a free I wanted him, when he came off a season with double digit assists. After he signed for NUFC, I moved on.
My ideas are brilliant like moving Trent to RMF.

We've also had Danny Murphy, Lucas Leiva and Martin Skrtel as our POTS in the past......so? It's not a representation of how good your season was compared to another player 5 years before, after or whenever. In Sadio's first season was a season there was no Ali, No Virg, No Salah, No Fab. 16/17 season - 13 goals, named POTS. 21/22 season - 23 goals, brandished as finished by Liverpool fans. Work that 1 out.

We overpaid for Diaz.....did we? Erase our mistake? Don't be naive KR you're better than this.

Diaz is a quality quality operator, he'll be back up to speed and he'll smash it for as long as he remains a Pool player.
Well, we shall see. Lest we forget, he played in all 3 of our goalless cup finals. The messiah he is not, hopefully just not yet.

Well, we shall see. Lest we forget, he played in all 3 of our goalless cup finals. The messiah he is not, hopefully just not yet.

So too did Salah Sadio & Firmino? I don't know how we didn't score in any of them in normal/ET tbh, we created about enough chances to win 10 games.....Mendy and Courtois on the hard stuff probs.

Are cup finals the only games we judge by now? What about the journey to get there? He played his part to help us finish the season on an incredible 92 points. Do we just say "yeah whatever" to that?

So too did Salah Sadio & Firmino? I don't know how we didn't score in any of them in normal/ET tbh, we created about enough chances to win 10 games.....Mendy and Courtois on the hard stuff probs.

Are cup finals the only games we judge by now? What about the journey to get there? He played his part to help us finish the season on an incredible 92 points. Do we just say "yeah whatever" to that?
I know what Salah Mane Firmino can do. I have no idea what Diaz can do yet. Even boring Jota has more highlight reels playing for us than him. That's the problem.

I know what Salah Mane Firmino can do. I have no idea what Diaz can do yet. Even boring Jota has more highlight reels playing for us than him. That's the problem.
Well considering he's been here a year and a half longer and played almost 3x as many games you'd have thought so 😱😱

Thiago has more highlight reels playing for us than AlexiMac.

After he signed for NUFC I was no longer interested. I'd sell Konate if someone offered £70m-ish ... which probably no one here agrees with. He is just too injury prone.

When Fraser was available on a free I wanted him, when he came off a season with double digit assists. After he signed for NUFC, I moved on.
My ideas are brilliant like moving Trent to RMF.

Nah - you’re just bonkers.

They might as well buy the premier league rather than all the fannying about they are doing currently, LIV PL.
The whole thing is becoming more boring then ESL saga.

They might as well buy the premier league rather than all the fannying about they are doing currently, LIV PL.
The whole thing is becoming more boring then ESL saga.
Let them buy the whole football league too, and our national league, welsh league, scottish league, isle of man league, shetland island league. U9s blue chip southern conference league.

Couldn't it also just be agents putting pressure on clubs to renegotiate contracts?

For me Luis has a lot to prove, but zero chance that that price even makes us blink. Fuck off.
Yeah I thought it would have been agents playing for contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom