• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hear's a wild thought (maybe!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Prompted by the news that apparently Elise actually 'owns part of himself' with regard to any transfer. I started to reflect on the weird idea of my currently contracted company 'trading me' for another consultant. Even more bizarre me having a 'buy-out' clause in my contract

What if we let all current contracts run their course (globally) and footballers became normal contractors/FTC employees and moved between clubs as the mood took them. Contracts (like mine) would last in the region of 6-12 months (to align with registration rules) and lower down the pyramid fixed term contracts would be employed. Buying and selling would no longer be a thing and players would move limited only by their contract notice period (limited to a max of say 6 months) and the two movement windows to keep some semblance of 'team' throughout a season for supporters.

Footballers would have a lot more control over their destiny but would be at significant risk should their performance drop / long term injury be incurred. more like F1 drivers I guess

Clubs would have some sort of limiter like a salary cap to keep them from buying the world

What do you think ?

Just thought, if this miraculously did come to pass, the recent Chelsea signers would be fucked

Players and their agents at the top of the pile would get paid shit-tons more than the already outrageous sums they get paid now and clubs at the bottom of the pyramid would go bust.
It’s Friday night @dee and you are clearly pissed, maybe even high. Have a great weekend.

Players and their agents at the top of the pile would get paid shit-tons more than the already outrageous sums they get paid now and clubs at the bottom of the pyramid would go bust.
It’s Friday night @Dee and you are clearly pissed, maybe even high. Have a great weekend.
It is true I'm drinking full on Margheritas. Thanks for the compliment

The financial security of a longer-term contract, which gets paid regardless of injury or performance, is always going to be an attractive offer for players. I suspect we will see more of the established top players run down contracts for a big signing-on bonus, similar to Mbappe. With more money around the top of the pyramid, there is less risk than there used to be, plus with image rights, social media and player brands, the sport is arguably getting more individualised. This could cause some problems for development clubs like Brighton, Leipzig, Dortmund, etc, if that approach does trickle down to less established players, but ultimately it's always hard to see the status- quo shifting dramatically enough.

Formula One requires organisational agility to adapt to the rapid pace of technological change and regulations, while football benefits from the stability and market value protection provided by longer-term contracts. Also, F1 drivers are historically more likely to be harmed or die.

• Love
Reactions: dee
The financial security of a longer-term contract, which gets paid regardless of injury or performance is always going to be an attractive offer for the majority of players. I suspect we will see more of the established top players run down contracts for a big signing-on bonus, similar to Mbappe. With more money around the top of the pyramid, there is less risk than there used to be, plus with image rights and player brands sport may be getting more individualised than it used to be That could cause development clubs like Brighton, Leipzig, Dortmund, etc, but ultimately it's always hard to see the status quo shifting dramatically enough.

Formula One requires organisational agility to adapt to the rapid pace of technological change and regulations, while football benefits from the stability and market value protection provided by longer-term agreements. Also, F1 drivers are historically more likely to be harmed or die.
Historically but there's probably been far more injuries and deaths in football in the past few years. Of course x1,000 more players to drivers too.

The financial security of a longer-term contract, which gets paid regardless of injury or performance is always going to be an attractive offer for the majority of players. I suspect we will see more of the established top players run down contracts for a big signing-on bonus, similar to Mbappe. With more money around the top of the pyramid, there is less risk than there used to be, plus with image rights and player brands sport may be getting more individualised than it used to be That could cause development clubs like Brighton, Leipzig, Dortmund, etc, but ultimately it's always hard to see the status quo shifting dramatically enough.

Formula One requires organisational agility to adapt to the rapid pace of technological change and regulations, while football benefits from the stability and market value protection provided by longer-term agreements. Also, F1 drivers are historically more likely to be harmed or die.
Jesus the register of that!

Seriously intellectual stuff man. Kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom