• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

115 vs the world

Products been done for years. Global passive fans won't care, it's only the hardcore fans who'll care. Hardcore fans don't buy the merch
They provide the atmosphere though. Once that’s dead the tv spectacle is gone.

Nah, random fans who still go the game and still make an atmosphere. Game lost it's soul a long time ago. This is just the first universal acknowledgement of it

Nothing serious is going to happen. Worst they'll get is a points deduction in the current season but they'll still probably finish top 4 even with a 20 point deduction.

And we won't even be the club to take advantage for a title this year.

Nothing serious is going to happen. Worst they'll get is a points deduction in the current season but they'll still probably finish top 4 even with a 20 point deduction.

And we won't even be the club to take advantage for a title this year.

Likely this.

They’ve been turning a healthy profit now, which I can’t help but think is part of their strategy.

Maybe forced to miss out on Europe for a year.

Probably a suspended sentence.

That line about “achieving some success in arbitration” is ominous - like maybe they’ve identified who to pay off.

Bar maybe 2 games a season where hope gets high, even Anfield is mostly quiet aside from the minute or two after any goal scored. Nowhere near once it used to be. Aging Kop and all that.

I would say that is game depending. We are big time players. We don’t make the same effort against Fulham as we would the scum.

It's kinda pointless speculating on the punishment. It will vary wildly depending on how many of the charges stick.

But my gut feeling is the case has dragged on so long, with so much at stake, that their would be significant backlash if a large number of charges were proven and City were not met with a severe punishment. On the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if their team of lawyers pull a rabbit out the hat!

Premier League clubs who are considering suing Manchester City for compensation over the 115 alleged rules breaches may have to lodge legal claims before the outcome of the case is known because of time limits.
Legal experts have told The Times there is a six-year limitation period for bringing a claim for breach of contract, which could apply in City’s case and potentially expire in November. It will then be six years since the publication of the Football Leaks documents by the German website Der Spiegel.
The outcome of the independent commission’s hearing into City’s alleged breaches of Premier League rules will not be known by then, however. That hearing is set to start next month and last ten weeks, with the outcome not known until early in the new year and any appeal process potentially concluded before the end of the season.

It is believed some clubs have taken legal advice over possible compensation claims, which could total hundreds of millions of pounds. If the serious charges against City are proved, clubs could claim for loss of income for missing out on the league title or European competitions over the course of several seasons.
When Everton were docked points last season for a breach of Profitability and Sustainability Rules, the same independent commission was also given the power to rule on compensation claims from rival clubs. Clubs have been given no indication of a similar arrangement for the City hearing and may have to lodge direct legal claims.
The 1980 Limitation Act sets a six-year limitation period for legal claims for breaches of contract in the UK, but allows an exception where that breach has been concealed. A senior lawyer with wide experience of legal cases in sport said that one course of legal action by rival clubs would be for alleged breach of contract.
“There is a six-year limitation period under the Limitation Act but that is subject to an exception where a person has concealed their breach, in which case you must bring the claim within six years of when you could have discovered the breach acting reasonably,” the lawyer said. “It could be argued therefore that the six years might begin from Der Spiegel’s first publication.”

Clubs cannot sue each other through the courts under Premier League rules but they can do so through arbitration.
City are facing the threat of relegation from the Premier League if the most serious charges against them are proved.
The alleged rule breaches include not providing accurate financial information for nine separate seasons, not providing full details of the manager Roberto Mancini’s pay over the four seasons he was at the club from 2009-13 and not providing full details of players’ remuneration — including the former midfielder Yaya Touré — over six seasons from 2010 to 2016.
City have always denied any wrongdoing and say they have “irrefutable evidence” that will clear them. They have employed Lord Pannick KC to lead the club’s defence against the charges.
The Premier League launched an investigation into City after Der Spiegel published emails and documents on November 5, 2018.
City were banned by Uefa for two years of European competition in 2019, only for that to be overturned in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Under Premier League rules, City will not be able to appeal to the CAS.
Meanwhile, the verdict over Leicester City’s alleged breach of the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules may not arrive until 2025. The club, who were promoted after winning the Sky Bet Championship last season, have been charged with two breaches of financial rules that could land them with a points deduction. The hearing may not take place until later this year but there is then likely to be an appeal process, which would delay the verdict.

From the Times. https://archive.ph/ny61K

Richard Masters has insisted Premier League clubs share a determination to “preserve and protect” the competition, as a new season beset by off‑field challenges is about to get under way.

Masters, the top flight’s chief executive, says a “collective spirit” remains within the league’s 20 member clubs, despite continued legal battles involving the champions Manchester City, and the Premier League pursuing legal action against Fifa over an expanded club calendar.

In the lead up to the opening round of fixtures this weekend, a buoyant Masters attempted to paint a picture of the league’s collective strength. “There is a collective spirit within the Premier League that still exists, absolutely,” he said. “[The Premier League] is a competition, so it’s set up for people to compete with each other. They’re competing with each other all the time, and everyone is trying to find an angle, whether it be signing a player, finding a way to be better in the Premier League, and I think that is a great thing.

When it comes to rule breaching, I don’t believe in that, and we will deal with it, but I do think there’s a collective spirit. In the end, everybody understands that the Premier League is a fantastic football competition that needs preserving and protecting. That’s principally the Premier League’s role, but everyone has to play their part, and I believe they understand that.

Masters would not comment on the disputes with City, with reports suggesting a verdict in a first arbitration case, over the league’s rules on associated party transactions, is due within weeks. He said the league “actually have a pretty good operating relationship” with its champions of the past four seasons, but argued the competition needed to move beyond recent discord and disputes over the rulebook.

Richard Masters has insisted Premier League clubs share a determination to “preserve and protect” the competition, as a new season beset by off‑field challenges is about to get under way.

Masters, the top flight’s chief executive, says a “collective spirit” remains within the league’s 20 member clubs, despite continued legal battles involving the champions Manchester City, and the Premier League pursuing legal action against Fifa over an expanded club calendar.

In the lead up to the opening round of fixtures this weekend, a buoyant Masters attempted to paint a picture of the league’s collective strength. “There is a collective spirit within the Premier League that still exists, absolutely,” he said. “[The Premier League] is a competition, so it’s set up for people to compete with each other. They’re competing with each other all the time, and everyone is trying to find an angle, whether it be signing a player, finding a way to be better in the Premier League, and I think that is a great thing.

When it comes to rule breaching, I don’t believe in that, and we will deal with it, but I do think there’s a collective spirit. In the end, everybody understands that the Premier League is a fantastic football competition that needs preserving and protecting. That’s principally the Premier League’s role, but everyone has to play their part, and I believe they understand that.

Masters would not comment on the disputes with City, with reports suggesting a verdict in a first arbitration case, over the league’s rules on associated party transactions, is due within weeks. He said the league “actually have a pretty good operating relationship” with its champions of the past four seasons, but argued the competition needed to move beyond recent discord and disputes over the rulebook.
Does he mean like the SPL when they kicked the shite out of Rangers the moment they had a chance?
All the clubs know that if City are relegated then their chances of finishing higher in the league and winning cups will increase and their bottom line absolutely will. Collective Spirit my arse.

There is a collective spirit in the League, in that the collective of clubs that haven't doped financially are, collectively, fucking livid at the ones who have.
Sad thing is the minority is sufficient to block the majority in penalising Citeh

Used to do the news on channel 4 until everyone backstage got fucked off with him. They all stabbed him and then hung his body outside the BBC by one of his novelty ties.

I think.
Ah OK - is he hanging beside Huw Edwards then?

Not exactly sure if it would be a good idea as it creates a bit of a draconian state - but I think legal costs connected with any court case w/ the PL / UEFA / FIFA etc. should be considered part of the costs for FFP and other spending rules... or are they already? As surely City would be mega screwed.

Not exactly sure if it would be a good idea as it creates a bit of a draconian state - but I think legal costs connected with any court case w/ the PL / UEFA / FIFA etc. should be considered part of the costs for FFP and other spending rules... or are they already? As surely City would be mega screwed.
There's no rule that excludes them from FFP calculations but I wouldn't be surprised if the fees are being paid by a company outside City's reporting group (argument being they're incurred to protect the value of the investment in the club). Regardless, on their current financial performance, even their huge fees wouldn't touch the sides. Whether their current financial performance paints a true picture is another question, of course.
I do believe, however, that if a club is found.not guilty then they should be allowed to exclude their costs from future FFP calculations.

There's no rule that excludes them from FFP calculations but I wouldn't be surprised if the fees are being paid by a company outside City's reporting group (argument being they're incurred to protect the value of the investment in the club). Regardless, on their current financial performance, even their huge fees wouldn't touch the sides. Whether their current financial performance paints a true picture is another question, of course.
I do believe, however, that if a club is found.not guilty then they should be allowed to exclude their costs from future FFP calculations.

Yes all fair points. But I wonder what the cost of 5+ years of stalling would be. However without fully knowing this world I imagine their lawyers are on some sort of retainer from the crown prince and the fees could easily be fiddled

Reminder that it's not that long ago that we had an official coconut milk partner.
At least ours was environmentally sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom