• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah we’re skint and we’re done. Maybe a CB if we’re lucky. Young and upcoming one
I mean being skint and having tight owners are 2 entirely separate things.

Being skint means you can't afford to do anything, that's obviously not the case for a club that's in the top 2 for turnover in the country.

I mean being skint and having tight owners are 2 entirely separate things.

Being skint means you can't afford to do anything, that's obviously not the case for a club that's in the top 2 for turnover in the country.

So are going to spend another £200 million on who we like? Or even £100 mill?

if not, then I think you get my point.

So are going to spend another £200 million on who we like? Or even £100 mill?

if not, then I think you get my point.

We can all pluck random figures from the air.....to say we're skint and that's it is just as implausible as saying we're gonna spend another 200m.

I'd say another 1-2 signings, whether that's 1 player for 60m or 2 players for 60m whilst also looking to move on 1 or 2.

We're not skint. We just have risk averse owners who are not willing to borrow a $50-125m million against an asset that is worth $3-4 BN and likely worth more in the future to invest in the asset to get that end sale value higher.

Let's say the asset is worth $3.5bn. Let's say we are looking for is an additional $100M in capital to invest in players separate from usual available capital from operational revenues. That's less than 3% of the value of the asset to keep us competitive and prevent a slide.

If they don't invest, they need to go. They're not professionally invested anymore. This is so many staff were leaving - they can see they are "coasting". We can surely do better.

Last edited:
We can all pluck random figures from the air.....to say we're skint and that's it is just as implausible as saying we're gonna spend another 200m.

I'd say another 1-2 signings, whether that's 1 player for 60m or 2 players for 60m whilst also looking to move on 1 or 2.

semantics aside, we’re not exactly flush with cash to spend. That’s my point. Whether it’s due to tight owners or being skint, who cares? The end result is the same, is it not?

we don’t have the spending power of Chelsea, Arsenal or City. Look at our net spend over the last however many season. Skint club or not, we sure behave like one compared to the big boys. Those are the teams we will need to beat, especially city and arsenal. Compared to those, we’re skint on the transfer market. And as long as that continues, it’s going to be a long while before we win the league again.

Oh I believe alright.

I believe we will be signing a DM much better than Lavia and a cb!!!!!

I have a feeling that Lavia ability to retain possession and accurately pass long from deep means that Klopp sees him & Trent as double 6 deep lying playmakers capable of destroying teams.

You add that, long term, to creativity, ball retention, pressing, width running through the half spaces from Mac, Slobberchops, Harvey, Curtis & Carvalho (Badgertits can operate as a 6 or an 8), to our forward line and we’re in good shape for years to come.

Spend the money on Virgil & Mo replacements next season and we’re good.

With lavia, I'm cautiously hoping that we're waiting to see what happens with m'bappe. Not because we'll go in for him; more that Madrid will and they'll want to sell some players. That potentially opens up tchoumeni and valverde to the market again. Because it was all very loud about lavia, then all of a sudden it went silent around the time psg started speaking out.

I get nowadays (especially for us) it's all about being press-resistance, able to counter press and win the ball back quickly, everybody being comfortable on the ball including the keeper etc and finding the next top talent to fulfil that but sometimes you just need someone who can do the basics very well or someone who can come in to do a specific job very well.

I get Lavia is young, good on the eye, bit flashy and already a full senior international (whether merited or not is another thing) but why not a younger version of a Palhinha? Or someone like Tyler Adams.....not as flashy or easy on the eye as Lavia may be but very good solid players who may be of more benefit to the team.

I get nowadays (especially for us) it's all about being press-resistance, able to counter press and win the ball back quickly, everybody being comfortable on the ball including the keeper etc and finding the next top talent to fulfil that but sometimes you just need someone who can do the basics very well or someone who can come in to do a specific job very well.

I get Lavia is young, good on the eye, bit flashy and already a full senior international (whether merited or not is another thing) but why not a younger version of a Palhinha? Or someone like Tyler Adams.....not as flashy or easy on the eye as Lavia may be but very good solid players who may be of more benefit to the team.

Lavia?

Nice video that (albeit not the longest video)

I was about to say that I watched another really good breakdown video somewhere of Lavia that highlighted his long passing as well.

Normally when I do that - you’ll find the video posted on the previous page of the thread.

You think so?

Look like vastly different players to me, Lavia models his game on being agile and using the ball more productively.

Palhinha looks a far more stable option if you're looking for an out and out DM......models his game on being astute with the ball and being physically dominant in the air and in the duels......a bit like Fab before last season.

@refugee

This is worth a watch - there’s one on Slobberchops in his thread - also gots videos on Mac & Thuram.

Thanks for that. Interesting watch. That dinked ball over the top he keeps trying reminds me of some of hndersons infuriating attempts to beat the defence, and the comparison to Pogba at the end is also not exactly confidence inspiring... But looks like there is a lot to like about him.

Thanks for that. Interesting watch. That dinked ball over the top he keeps trying reminds me of some of hndersons infuriating attempts to beat the defence, and the comparison to Pogba at the end is also not exactly confidence inspiring... But looks like there is a lot to like about him.

Don’t know much about the creator - he does seem to downplay the players in each of the videos I’ve watched - or maybe he’s being more realistic- but gives a good overview.

Don’t know much about the creator - he does seem to downplay the players in each of the videos I’ve watched - or maybe he’s being more realistic- but gives a good overview.
It's him being objective. I've posted videos of all the players we've been linked with where he has done his analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom