• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t disagree with that either - but on top of Konate staying fit, we’ll be reliant on Jota staying fit and Nunez becoming the destroyer of worlds!!!

I don’t think it’s as bad as I’m probably suggesting it might be - we might be going into the phase that Arsenal are just coming out of - where we bring through youth by sacrificing league position & sign players with high ceilings yet to hit their peak.

It likely means Salah, Van Dijk & Alisson are next out the door - likely the end of this season - but that’s the nature of the way we’re doing it.

Long term - it’s potentially great - short term, we’re going to feel it.

Salah will get a monster offer next season from the Saudis. Maybe Virgil as well.
There is absolutly no point in selling Alisson though.

Alisson is still the best goalie in the world, and seemingly getting better. Moving him on is not worth thinking about. I've not read the thread and I haven't logged on in a couple of years, but I am quite excited by the prospect of a completely revamped midfield this season ... as long as we have a suitable right centre back cover, and if we don't, we don't use the hybrid when Konate isn't available

I dont think Trent is being moved permanently to midfield. If that was the case we would have signed a right back. I think he’ll start in his usual position when the season kicks off.
People read far to much into the likes of 45 mins for Gakpo as an 8 in the last game.
If Szobo isnt out injured then he’s either a LFW or CF in that game.

Sorry mate - Gakpo has played in the same midfield position for both games - and he’s played in that position towards the end of last season.

He’s not played as a CF, LFW or false 9 - we haven’t played with a false 9 so far - the structure Klopp looks like he’s wanting to impose is a little bit different to how we started last season and how we ended it.

If I was a betting man and we didn’t sign anyone else this season (or they weren’t ready to start), I’d say we’re looking like :

——— Alisson ———
Konate - Virgil - Robbo
—- Trent — Curtis —-
—- Mac A - Gakpo —-
- Salah - Nunez - Diaz -

Sorry mate - Gakpo has played in the same midfield position for both games - and he’s played in that position towards the end of last season.

He’s not played as a CF, LFW or false 9 - we haven’t played with a false 9 so far - the structure Klopp looks like he’s wanting to impose is a little bit different to how we started last season and how we ended it.

If I was a betting man and we didn’t sign anyone else this season (or they weren’t ready to start), I’d say we’re looking like :

——— Alisson ———
Konate - Virgil - Robbo
—- Trent — Curtis —-
—- Mac A - Gakpo —-
- Salah - Nunez - Diaz -

No, Gakpo played as a CM in one game last season in the league, against Brentford.

Our structure was a 3-4-3 "loosely" against Karlsruhe. Tsimikas was the inverted full back and Scanlon was in midfield.
Finished the game with Scanlon wide left.

Not sure what the clusterfuck of a formation was yesterday.

We're signing two midfielders, with Lavia one of them, and still have both Thiago and Bajectic to return with Szobo back for the next game.
Gakpo wont be an 8 when the season starts.

Salah will get a monster offer next season from the Saudis. Maybe Virgil as well.
There is absolutly no point in selling Alisson though.

The point is a total rebuild getting in younger players and selling off older players while you can potentially make all the monies.

Not saying I agree with it - yes he has plenty of top years left - but he either gets a bumper new contract and he stays on high wages till he’s a freebie or we make money to reinvest while he’s still got something to offer.

The point is a total rebuild getting in younger players and selling off older players while you can potentially make all the monies.

Not saying I agree with it - yes he has plenty of top years left - but he either gets a bumper new contract and he stays on high wages till he’s a freebie or we make money to reinvest while he’s still got something to offer.

He has 4 years left on his current deal. We're not selling him while Klopp is here.

Lavia might not be ideal but he can do a job there. We are crying out for CDM, he is 19 and eventually will be homegrown. Pundits say he has a high ceiling with PL experience. £35m or £50m does it matter that much when Klopp rates him? I have my reservations but i am willing to go with and trust Klopp's decision.

No, Gakpo played as a CM in one game last season in the league, against Brentford.

Our structure was a 3-4-3 "loosely" against Karlsruhe. Tsimikas was the inverted full back and Scanlon was in midfield.
Finished the game with Scanlon wide left.

Not sure what the clusterfuck of a formation was yesterday.

We're signing two midfielders, with Lavia one of them, and still have both Thiago and Bajectic to return with Szobo back for the next game.
Gakpo wont be an 8 when the season starts.

I hope you’re right about signings.

We looked more controlled in the first half yesterday - and with Gakpo as an 8 alongside Mac A in front of Trent with Bradley being the inverted FB and Doak sticking out wide - that’s different from having Salah out wide.

I think Trent might replace Bradley as an inverted RB into a 6, with someone else holding alongside as the other 6 - at the minute it’s Curtis or Thiago - if either are fit.

If Gakpo’s not playing as an 8, @binomial ’s going to be upset - because I can’t see him sitting on the bench and Nunez starting.

If Gakpo’s not playing as an 8, @binomial ’s going to be upset

You sure you haven't be mixed up with someone else again Stevie?

giphy.gif

Ali in goal - Dead cert. No change here.

Starting back 4 - Trent Ibou Virgil Robbo. (Maybe a CB bought it to start) Otherwise no change here.

Starting midfield 3 - Szobo "New player DM" MacAl (Szobo and MacAl can rotate, no biggie for either as both capable) Trent also stepping into midfield mostly linking with the RCM and Mo.

Starting front 3 - Salah Nunez (JK will prefer Gakpo) and Diaz (50/50 with Jota)

Starting back 4 - Trent Ibou Virgil Robbo. (Maybe a CB bought it to start) Otherwise no change here.

Starting midfield 3 - Szobo "New player DM" MacAl (Szobo and MacAl can rotate, no biggie for either as both capable) Trent also stepping into midfield mostly linking with the RCM and Mo.

Starting front 3 - Salah Nunez (JK will prefer Gakpo) and Diaz (50/50 with Jota)

The front 5 have shown they all can score goals, so regardless of what order, we are okay up front. The concern is the defence which is totally out of shape. Matip and Gomez pairing is scary

There isn’t room for Nunez in the starting XI if Gakpo plays through the centre

Gakpo will play through the center because we'll undeniably be signing a starting DM that'll take the place of the extra attacker we've played this pre-season....but like I've said the front 5 will all play their fair share of minutes, rotated in and out....they're all too good for 1 to left out to rot on the bench.

Thats’s essentially my system with Curtis as the new player and Gakpo instead of Nunez.

The front 5 have shown they all can score goals, so regardless of what order, we are okay up front. The concern is the defence which is totally out of shape. Matip and Gomez pairing is scary
Yep, not worried in the slightest of the attack unless JK is looking at that 2nd half yesterday thinking "where is my first line of defence" and all that crap.

Thats’s essentially my system with Curtis as the new player and Gakpo instead of Nunez.
For linking and pressing which undoubtedly is what Klopp craves, you probably go with Gakpo yeah.

If you want threat in behind, if you want a target man to hit, if you want someone who can create something by himself, then you go for Nunez.

Gakpo will play through the center because we'll undeniably be signing a starting DM that'll take the place of the extra attacker we've played this pre-season....but like I've said the front 5 will all play their fair share of minutes, rotated in and out....they're all too good for 1 to left out to rot on the bench.

The front 3 formation is the only thing that hasn’t changed - we haven’t played with an extra attacker.

Nunez is 3rd choice on the left and 3rd choice through the centre if everyone’s fit and Gakpo isn’t playing further back.

Yep, not worried in the slightest of the attack unless JK is looking at that 2nd half yesterday thinking "where is my first line of defence" and all that crap.
If Trent is to be moved to MF then 1 MF is all we need and a player like Parvard and another LCB would be the only additions that would be required to make the squad stronger.

The front 3 formation is the only thing that hasn’t changed - we haven’t played with an extra attacker.

Nunez is 3rd choice on the left and 3rd choice through the centre if everyone’s fit and Gakpo isn’t playing further back.
System wise maybe not but personnel wise we have. I don’t really see it as 3rd choice here and there, just 3 spots for 5 players. We’ll see once the season kicks off who is preferred….who is available and all the rest.

If Trent is to be moved to MF then 1 MF is all we need and a player like Parvard and another LCB would be the only additions that would be required to make the squad stronger.
Gomez will probably be the reason we don’t sign someone like a Pavard.

This will sound exactly like I expect it will sound after a bottle of Central Otago Pinot and 2 500ml German beers that have been sitting in my fridge for 2 years after their expiry date.

I think Klopp is trying to utilise the creativity and mobility of Mac A, Slobbers & Gakpo (along with Harvey) in double “8” / “10” hybrid positions in a way that Thiago, Hendo, Ox & Kieta just couldn’t do ( or stay fit long enough to be able to do).

That means phasing out the False 9 - like we tried to do last season- and relies on Jota and Nunez to play through the centre, scoring lots of goals, but also being really smart with their movement to open space for inverted wingers - particularly Salah.

That means, Jota stays fit or Nunes adds intelligence to his game - don’t know what’s more likely.

It also means Konate has to stay fit and Robbo needs to hold his defensive position.

Tsimikas should likely be sold - and it isn’t an ideal position for Robbo unless Trent knows when to hold back and let Robbo push on and drop into a right sided back 3 position.

That’s got issue’s written all over it.

System wise maybe not but personnel wise we have. I don’t really see it as 3rd choice here and there, just 3 spots for 5 players. We’ll see once the season kicks off who is preferred….who is available and all the rest.

It’s probably 2 spots for 4 - Salah has the right side to himself - it’s more likely Slobbers or Harvey fill in for him than any of the forward players.

It’s probably 2 spots for 4 - Salah has the right side to himself - it’s more likely Slobbers or Harvey fill in for him than any of the forward players.

Well yeah, on the rare occasion we’ve not seen Salah start it’s been Jota or Diaz on the right….think we may have seen Nunez pop up on the right aswell. Elliott is shit and needs to be loaned out, who steps in for Szobo in midfield if he covers for Salah? Rather he kept his place in midfield tbh and see Doak.

I do like Fabrizio but even I'm getting pissed off with him with this, stop fucking recycling the same shit, unless it's either A) we've agreed a fee and medical booked, or B) It's here we goooooooooooooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom