• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

I love shit like that - every now and then you just got to just spend a bit and enjoy fine things.

Like the restaurant I went to for my 50th, I ordered an amazing marbled wage steak & added truffle shavings - fucking delicious - one of those places where they bring you a selection of steaks and you choose the one you want - so the steak was $200+ on its own.

Work chipped in with a $150 voucher, so that went on a bottle of wine (Syrah from Waiheke Island, NZ - one I’d had before, but this one didn’t quite live up to expectation).

As I get older, I’m more inclined to pay for quality produce - fortunately live on the outskirts of Melbourne, so farmers markets are a thing - I buy most of my meat from there - the difference in quality to supermarkets is pronounced.

There’s a butcher I go to when I get the chance that does amazing cuts of steak - I normally end up drooping a small fortune on Black Opal Wagu Scotch filllets which are delicious…. But not fucking cheap - it’s important I get rid of the receipt and never discuss the price with the missus… she still prefers the “I got this on quick sale going out of date from the supermarket” crap (which can be ok from time to time, to be fair).
This is it. Since having kids we hardly go out together. When we do I’d like to push the boat out a bit more. Since then I’ve tried 1, 2 and 3 Michelin starred restaurants. Yea it costs a bomb but all of them have given me things that’ll I never forget until I get dementia.

I bet you 80% of that $4500 is the drinks. At the end of the day, the only reason a bottles of wine trade for thousands is because there is a market out there.

In essence you’re right about the reason l, but there are other conditions which lead to high wine pricing (limited/finite supply. Etc), particularly in restaurants where the mark up is brutal.

The drinks are the thing that allow most restaurants to be profitable.

In essence you’re right about the reason l, but there are other conditions which lead to high wine pricing (limited/finite supply. Etc), particularly in restaurants where the mark up is brutal.

The drinks are the thing that allow most restaurants to be profitable.
Absolutely true - I grew up, and my father by his estimation believes he opened the first ever Indian Take-away in Essex. He bought this small place in 1975, and he said he was not making enough even back then with limited competition but the money started flowing in like Wine as soon as he added 12 seating places and made it into a nice cosy restaurant after he got his alcho license. The mark-up is huge on wine and drinks compared to the food that is sold. Over the years there has been a conscious effort by many muslim owners to move away from the drinks side - but they don't last long as they soon realize what brings in the money to survive.

I bet you 80% of that $4500 is the drinks. At the end of the day, the only reason a bottles of wine trade for thousands is because there is a market out there.

So this is weird. You quoted me as having said something that dreamy actually said.

Massive database breach. Now my views are Dreamys and vice versa. Sound the alert

So this is weird. You quoted me as having said something that dreamy actually said.

Massive database breach. Now my views are Dreamys and vice versa. Sound the alert
Identity theft on this site is a very rare thing - we hope Sir that this experience does not put you off this site, your contribution as either Dreamy or Localny is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom