• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

We could have made a serious profit on Origi.
We could have sold Ox, instead we extend his contract. Sold Moreno the summer before he left for free (there were offers ).
Also, you should be bothered by Gini and Can that's at least 50 mill gone.

I don't know shit about accounting but how is this comparable to the Trent situation? Are we talking about "protecting the asset value" with him now? And isn't extending the contract (Ox case) ... good for the point you're trying ro make?

Anyway I was talking from a football perspective and Can is the only one of those whose career didn't go straight down the toilet after being moved on

I don't know shit about accounting but how is this comparable to the Trent situation? Are we talking about "protecting the asset value" with him now? And isn't extending the contract (Ox case) ... good for the point you're trying ro make?

Anyway I was talking from a football perspective and Can is the only one of those whose career didn't go straight down the toilet after being moved on
So what you’re saying is there is a good chance Trent’s career goes down the toilet?

Anything but, mate. Beef shin (admittedly with carrots) in onion gravy last night. Can still smell the cooking aroma this morning. Lovely.

Vanilla is fucking amazing. Good vanilla ice cream is a perfect accompaniment to a hot dessert. Don’t be wasting the other flavours on the plate serving pistachio chai shit.

Is that the thing with simple food - there’s nowhere to have de - “good” vanilla has to be close to perfect.

It’s like a good Pilsner or lager - there very little you can do to hide faults.

That saying… I’m more of a chocolate ice cream sort of guy.

Is that the thing with simple food - there’s nowhere to have de - “good” vanilla has to be close to perfect.

It’s like a good Pilsner or lager - there very little you can do to hide faults.

That saying… I’m more of a chocolate ice cream sort of guy.
Absolutely. Simple food made great is a delight.

If I was to eat ice cream on its own I wouldn’t have vanilla. As a side to something else I love it.

This is the thing Modo - I don’t think we could have sold Ox - I’m pretty sure that he was never fit for an entire transfer window for us to actually get him sold.

The thing with Origi was - he was worth keeping - selling him would have meant we would have missed out on a load of vital last minute goals.

Gini - selling him would have meant selling directly after winning the league - which at the time didn’t make sense.

Can has been well documented (by Beamrider) that we tried to extend but couldn’t accommodate his desire for a release clause.

Moreno… meh… hadn’t Klopp just taken over?

Also - a lot of the players you mention there / their prime selling period would have been during the COVID period when many clubs halted buying.

Also… as has been proven time and time again, getting money and spending it on bringing in a new player isn’t necessarily better than getting another good season out of a well integrated player - but also neither does it make sense to extending that players contract to seemingly just “protect value”.

I’ve got no problem with letting players leave on a free if we think their form is about to drop off significantly Vs selling them too early Vs potentially not being able to sell them after extending their contract too long.

If receiving transfer money was the primary aim - we should have sold Virgil, Trent & Mo last season. Of course, I doubt we’d have CL football this season or even a League Cup to celebrate last season… and Klopp would not have enjoyed trying to integrate new players into the defence and forward line as well as last season’s new midfield.

You bring up some good points especially the one about Covid, but we still could have sold a few of them. Gini had a replacement remember?
He could have been sold and even though we tried to extend Can's contract, we could have sold him the summer before.

I mean, yeah I get that in certain cases it's worth to keep the player, but why put yourself in that situation?
If a player doesn't sign a year before his contract ends alarm bells should be ringing and we should start looking at replacements.
Then sell the player, seems pretty straight forward imo.
Other clubs do it all the time.

Yes I'm mainly talking about asset value because so we have something to reinvest in new transfers.

We should have shed loads of cash to invest based on what Beamy has posted over the last 18 months.

Just as an aside, this airing of grievances about all manner of completely delicious food is angering me disproportionately, and I've realized it's because I'm a dad that likes to cook, a lot.

You know those cunty fucking people whose response to some obligatory invitation to a dinner is to list their various issues with eating, like now you're some chef that's down on their luck who has to make do with whatever custom you can get. Yeah, I live with two of them. Is there anything less fulfilling on earth than cooking for your own children?

The worst is that I remember my mum articulating, more or less, exactly that. It took me till like 14 or 15 or so to realize, hey wait a second, my mum is actually a good cook, and a fantastic baker, and that in this world, this isn't normal, I'm actually really lucky. Assuming these two even get there, I'm looking at years more of this shit. I swear they are actually trying to break me. I make things to pander to them, and they are indignant to even look at them. Instead of enjoying my meal, I'm persuading them to eat something that is great.

I'm left in this position where at times I'm just thinking, "you are objectively wrong, this is fucking delicious" while they ruin my meal and their own.

Same, except I also have a wife that’s pescatarian / vegetarian.

Just as an aside, this airing of grievances about all manner of completely delicious food is angering me disproportionately, and I've realized it's because I'm a dad that likes to cook, a lot.

You know those cunty fucking people whose response to some obligatory invitation to a dinner is to list their various issues with eating, like now you're some chef that's down on their luck who has to make do with whatever custom you can get. Yeah, I live with two of them. Is there anything less fulfilling on earth than cooking for your own children?

The worst is that I remember my mum articulating, more or less, exactly that. It took me till like 14 or 15 or so to realize, hey wait a second, my mum is actually a good cook, and a fantastic baker, and that in this world, this isn't normal, I'm actually really lucky. Assuming these two even get there, I'm looking at years more of this shit. I swear they are actually trying to break me. I make things to pander to them, and they are indignant to even look at them. Instead of enjoying my meal, I'm persuading them to eat something that is great.

I'm left in this position where at times I'm just thinking, "you are objectively wrong, this is fucking delicious" while they ruin my meal and their own.
While the thread doesn't warrant it, this post definitely deserves to be vaulted,

Anything but, mate. Beef shin (admittedly with carrots) in onion gravy last night. Can still smell the cooking aroma this morning. Lovely.
Shin beef is the absolute thing for any slow cook beef dishes.
I made a beef tagine (style) dish with it recently.
Amazing

Had my first one last night. Was shite. Had Tuna for the first time too. Tasted like chicken.
The asparagus was yummy though.
Scallops should have the texture of firm fat but sweetness too.... After speaking to @StevieM , you realise not all tastebuds are the same.
I am shit scared to try raw oysters, I know I will heave. Cooked oysters I probably could handle

I’m not a fan of oysters. A bit of tobasco sauce and swallow the lot. Not the most pleasant food I’ve eaten.

Make that as dirty as you want.

Absolutely. Simple food made great is a delight.

If I was to eat ice cream on its own I wouldn’t have vanilla. As a side to something else I love it.
Which is why a lot of the food that was considered "peasants'" food is great.

I would like to try some top end restaurant but I don't think I would make a habit from it, even if I was loaded.

Which is why a lot of the food that was considered "peasants'" food is great.

I would like to try some top end restaurant but I don't think I would make a habit from it, even if I was loaded.
Pizza is my favourite food. I’ve got my own pizza oven and it’s out most weekends in the spring and summer. Simple and delicious.

I’ve also eaten in some of the best restaurants in the UK and go for the tasting menus. No idea what I’ll be served but give it all a try. Some of the best food I’ve ever eaten and would never be able to recreate at home. I’d recommend giving it a go to anyone who loves food.

Back
Top Bottom