• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

sadly the little italy owner died about a year ago, he lived down the road from me. his kids are running the place though i think, never go into belfast anymore to confirm that.

greek pastry shops are my thing, the almond cookies get me moist just thinking about them (saliva)
Yes, I went in there over the summer when I was back home and I still recognised some of the staff so it must be his kids.

I seen the bad news on facebook, I remember one guy wrote that he used to go to Little Italy all the time when he was a student but hadn't been in about 20 years as he moved away after graduating. He walked in one night and Jack was there working away as usual, he glanced up from the pizza he was making and said "Hello Dermot, the usual?"

Now all I want is a large sicilian. The pizza, not a mobster.

I couldn't believe it when I came back to Liverpool, years after I moved away, and found Sayers gone. Greggs fills a gap, but its not the same
There’s a few still about. One on Stanley Road and one on Marsh Lane. I wouldn’t recommend going into Bootle at the best of times, never mind for a sausage roll.

I couldn't believe it when I came back to Liverpool, years after I moved away, and found Sayers gone. Greggs fills a gap, but its not the same
Hang on, do you not live in Ireland? Surely you can get sausage rolls...

Hang on, do you not live in Ireland? Surely you can get sausage rolls...
Yeah, but not in every bakery down the main street like at home. My first week here I went into a bakery in Ennis, asked for a sausage roll and they looked at me like I had 2 heads.

About every fifth bakery will have sausage rolls available; very rare to see a meat pastie. There are deli counters in Spar & the like, which will normally have sausage rolls and sometimes pies & pasties, but it's not the same

Yeah, but not in every bakery down the main street like at home. My first week here I went into a bakery in Ennis, asked for a sausage roll and they looked at me like I had 2 heads.

About every fifth bakery will have sausage rolls available; very rare to see a meat pastie. There are deli counters in Spar & the like, which will normally have sausage rolls and sometimes pies & pasties, but it's not the same
You can't move in Belfast without tripping over a sausage roll.

I might be exaggerating a bit there.

Back
Top Bottom