• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re definitely doing something this week, you can feel the urgency in klopps words. Probably means a 19 year old from relegated Southampton for £50m

We’re definitely doing something this week, you can feel the urgency in klopps words. Probably means a 19 year old from relegated Southampton for £50m
I hope we sign him, but not for £50 mill, that's just mad.

Hopefully the final word comes to Klopp and he shouts angrily “but what about Stefan!!!”, then Jorg and the recruitment team all turn heads slowly to look at one another, speechless. Then that 1 can be put to bed.

Not as disappointing as signing no one.
But not sure which would be the better long term play.
I mean sure, if signing no one was an option....which we can all safely say it's not.

Plus we really need 2 new bodies in that midfield, I say just go get 2 players we could sign for 30-35m.....like a Gravenburch and a Sangare/Alvaraz.

Yep, it's quite incredible how we've conspired to turn a potentially excellent window into a complete car crash.

3bc6107a-1be8-412c-aab9-04e4be25e8bb

This guy (the guy on the bottom) will rescue our window.

Twitter is lighting up with reports that we’ve made an official £35M bid for Lavia and agreed personal terms. If this happens, I think looking at Lavia’s best qualities - long passing, press resistance, confidence on the ball, mobility - he seems more like a Trent’s slightly more defensively-oriented understudy than a natural partner.

That’s not exactly addressing our biggest need, but looking at the season as a whole this signing could still be important - having a “2nd Trent” in midfield would allow us to make a more effective use of the actual Trent, to save his legs and to not have to drastically alter the system whenever he gets injured or needs rest. I think this role would be a more realistic expectation for a 19 year old midfielder rather than expecting him to fill Fabinho’s boots right away.

So who could play alongside Trent? Assuming Thiago and Fabinho both leave, Bajtetic looks an ideal long-term partner - but given his injury scare, we would probably have to manage his minutes carefully from now on and not rely on him too much too early. Among the remaining midfielders, Jones could probably do a job due to his size and press-resistance, but he would probably prefer to play further forward. MacAllister often played as a #6 in a double-pivot for Brighton - he doesn’t have the size or long legs for tackling, but his football intelligence and positioning should compensate somewhat, so he could also be an option. If we can’t get Tchouameni or Caicedo, I wouldn’t be against signing a cheap-ish experienced #6 who could hold the fort for a season or two until Bajcetic and Lavia mature and take his place.

Last edited:
We're still overpaying at £35 mill, but it's gonna be more than that. Most likely some add-ons making it around £50 mill.

Twitter is lighting up with reports that we’ve made an official £35M bid for Lavia and agreed personal terms. If this happens, I think looking at Lavia’s best qualities - long passing, press resistance, confidence on the ball, mobility - he seems more like a Trent’s slightly more defensively-oriented understudy than a natural partner.

That’s not exactly addressing our biggest need, but looking at the season as a whole this signing could still be important - having a “2nd Trent” in midfield would allow us to make a more effective use of the actual Trent, to save his legs and to not have to drastically alter the system whenever he gets injured or needs rest. I think this role would be a more realistic expectation for a 19 year old midfielder rather than expecting him to fill Fabinho’s boots right away.

So who could play alongside Trent? Assuming Thiago and Fabinho both leave, Bajtetic looks an ideal long-term partner - but given his injury scare, we would probably have to manage his minutes carefully from now on and not rely on him too much too early. Among the remaining midfielders, Jones could probably do a job due to his size and press-resistance, but he would probably prefer to play further forward. MacAllister often played as a #6 in a double-pivot for Brighton - he doesn’t have the size or long legs for tackling, but his football intelligence and positioning should compensate somewhat, so he could be an option. If we can’t get Tchouameni or Caicedo, I wouldn’t be against signing a cheap-ish experienced #6 who could hold the fort for a season or two until Bajcetic and Lavia mature and take his place.

I think you might be on to something - Jones played in the deep role 2nd half last night with Gakpo & Harvey in the forward.

It would s looking increasingly likely our 6’s will be Trent, Curtis, Badgertits and Lavia if So’ton decide to let him go cheap, and our 8’s will be Harvey, Gakpo, Slobbers & Mac A.

I think you might be on to something - Jones played in the deep role 2nd half last night with Gakpo & Harvey in the forward.

It would s looking increasingly likely our 6’s will be Trent, Curtis, Badgertits and Lavia if So’ton decide to let him go cheap, and our 8’s will be Harvey, Gakpo, Slobbers & Mac A.

That's horrific

Horrific doesn't even begin to explain that.

Get the Grav and get the Sang and be done with it LFC.

So is Klopp doing the opposite of what Ferguson did when he left Man U by leaving a strong youthful side for his successor at Liverpool.
Personally I would prefer if we made the most of Klopp now when he is here and tried to win trophies over the next three seasons

More horrific than Hendo and Fabs last season when they could barely move? Young players will bring more energy and movement, but we do also need to add one midfield player with experience + shore up the defence.

this is the silver lining for me, Fabinho was barely able to foul opponents last season so the youth should at least put a stop to that

maybe we go back to a bit of rock and roll now there’s legs around the midfield and forward line

That's horrific

Ok… maybe Morton as well - technically Thiago’s not gone yet - but he’ll not play.

Yeah - it is horrible and it’s a disaster waiting to happen.

I still reckon we’ll be lucky to get Lavia in - then it’s loans - that might mean Veratti or Gravenberch if we’re lucky - but our big spending’s done.

It’s pretty bleak on one hand - but on the other - it’s a reboot with an emphasis on bringing through the youth that Klopp’s been nurturing over the last few years.

So is Klopp doing the opposite of what Ferguson did when he left Man U by leaving a strong youthful side for his successor at Liverpool.
Personally I would prefer if we made the most of Klopp now when he is here and tried to win trophies over the next three seasons

Couldn’t disagree with you.

Maybe if the project goes well, he’ll be inclined to stay longer.

There’s always the chance that this is the season that breaks him.

this is the silver lining for me, Fabinho was barely able to foul opponents last season so the youth should at least put a stop to that

maybe we go back to a bit of rock and roll now there’s legs around the midfield and forward line

Can’t disagree with that either - but on top of Konate staying fit, we’ll be reliant on Jota staying fit and Nunez becoming the destroyer of worlds!!!

I don’t think it’s as bad as I’m probably suggesting it might be - we might be going into the phase that Arsenal are just coming out of - where we bring through youth by sacrificing league position & sign players with high ceilings yet to hit their peak.

It likely means Salah, Van Dijk & Alisson are next out the door - likely the end of this season - but that’s the nature of the way we’re doing it.

Long term - it’s potentially great - short term, we’re going to feel it.

Can’t disagree with that either - but on top of Konate staying fit, we’ll be reliant on Jota staying fit and Nunez becoming the destroyer of worlds!!!

I don’t think it’s as bad as I’m probably suggesting it might be - we might be going into the phase that Arsenal are just coming out of - where we bring through youth by sacrificing league position & sign players with high ceilings yet to hit their peak.

It likely means Salah, Van Dijk & Alisson are next out the door - likely the end of this season - but that’s the nature of the way we’re doing it.

Also known as the prepred4humping strategy

yea i don’t expect anything this season, I almost think we’d be better flogging Virgil and Mo now to sacrifice this season in its entirety to the transition but we can’t really afford another season off the pace

So who could play alongside Trent? Assuming Thiago and Fabinho both leave, Bajtetic looks an ideal long-term partner - but given his injury scare, we would probably have to manage his minutes carefully from now on and not rely on him too much too early. Among the remaining midfielders, Jones could probably do a job due to his size and press-resistance, but he would probably prefer to play further forward. MacAllister often played as a #6 in a double-pivot for Brighton - he doesn’t have the size or long legs for tackling, but his football intelligence and positioning should compensate somewhat, so he could also be an option. If we can’t get Tchouameni or Caicedo, I wouldn’t be against signing a cheap-ish experienced #6 who could hold the fort for a season or two until Bajcetic and Lavia mature and take his place.

I dont think Trent is being moved permanently to midfield. If that was the case we would have signed a right back. I think he’ll start in his usual position when the season kicks off.
People read far to much into the likes of 45 mins for Gakpo as an 8 in the last game.
If Szobo isnt out injured then he’s either a LFW or CF in that game.

yea i don’t expect anything this season, I almost think we’d be better flogging Virgil and Mo now to sacrifice this season in its entirety to the transition but we can’t really afford another season off the pace

Yeah - I won’t really disagree with that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom