• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabrizio said Fabs was done ages ago. He knows as much as anyone else who sits on twitter all day

We should be getting this player irrespective of whether Fabinho/Hendo left.

Now, we should be signing Lavia + one other.

It'll be v.disappointing if we cheap out again and expect a 19 year old to step up and be the enforcer in our midfield, after only 30 odd games.

We should be getting this player irrespective of whether Fabinho/Hendo left.

Now, we should be signing Lavia + one other.

It'll be v.disappointing if we cheap out again and expect a 19 year old to step up and be the enforcer in our midfield, after only 30 odd games.

I think we're getting him in and half hoping fab doesn't go. If fab does go, who knows what we'll do

Can’t disagree with that either - but on top of Konate staying fit, we’ll be reliant on Jota staying fit and Nunez becoming the destroyer of worlds!!!

I don’t think it’s as bad as I’m probably suggesting it might be - we might be going into the phase that Arsenal are just coming out of - where we bring through youth by sacrificing league position & sign players with high ceilings yet to hit their peak.

It likely means Salah, Van Dijk & Alisson are next out the door - likely the end of this season - but that’s the nature of the way we’re doing it.

Long term - it’s potentially great - short term, we’re going to feel it.
Not a chance. Mo yes. Others no.

Sorry mate - Gakpo has played in the same midfield position for both games - and he’s played in that position towards the end of last season.

He’s not played as a CF, LFW or false 9 - we haven’t played with a false 9 so far - the structure Klopp looks like he’s wanting to impose is a little bit different to how we started last season and how we ended it.

If I was a betting man and we didn’t sign anyone else this season (or they weren’t ready to start), I’d say we’re looking like :

——— Alisson ———
Konate - Virgil - Robbo
—- Trent — Curtis —-
—- Mac A - Gakpo —-
- Salah - Nunez - Diaz -
No way we paid whatever it was for Szobo for him not to be a starter.

Reactions: mom

Ball-carrying - check.
Speed and athleticism - check.
Long passing - check (we don’t see it highlighted a lot in his compilations for Southampton, probably because they didn’t have forwards who could regularly break the lines, so that huge strength of Lavia was likely underutilized)
Tenacity - check.

He needs to improve defensive positioning and develop his attacking output, but that’s normal for his age - potentially we’re getting a monster midfielder for many years to come.

Last edited:

F15GvBeX0AIsXnl

The front 3 formation is the only thing that hasn’t changed - we haven’t played with an extra attacker.

Nunez is 3rd choice on the left and 3rd choice through the centre if everyone’s fit and Gakpo isn’t playing further back.

I highly doubt that. Lots of rotation at the front this season I think but Nunez is / will be the second highest scorer we have unless Jota is played as a starter - which I strongly doubt.

Obvious Starters :
Mo. VvD. Ali. TAA. Szobo. Mac. Robbo. Konate.

Klopp’s Starters (IMO) :
Gakpo.

If we get Lavia then add him to the Starters list. This is LFC we don’t pay £45-50m for a non starter.

That’s 10 starters. Now add another forward and work out a formation that includes all of them.

Last edited:
This will sound exactly like I expect it will sound after a bottle of Central Otago Pinot and 2 500ml German beers that have been sitting in my fridge for 2 years after their expiry date.

I think Klopp is trying to utilise the creativity and mobility of Mac A, Slobbers & Gakpo (along with Harvey) in double “8” / “10” hybrid positions in a way that Thiago, Hendo, Ox & Kieta just couldn’t do ( or stay fit long enough to be able to do).

That means phasing out the False 9 - like we tried to do last season- and relies on Jota and Nunez to play through the centre, scoring lots of goals, but also being really smart with their movement to open space for inverted wingers - particularly Salah.

That means, Jota stays fit or Nunes adds intelligence to his game - don’t know what’s more likely.

It also means Konate has to stay fit and Robbo needs to hold his defensive position.

Tsimikas should likely be sold - and it isn’t an ideal position for Robbo unless Trent knows when to hold back and let Robbo push on and drop into a right sided back 3 position.

That’s got issue’s written all over it.

Yup it's got 6th place finish written all over it.

MacAllister is not an automatic starter for me - he will get a lot of minutes, but is probably too versatile to nail down a position. If Fabinho stays, he will probably stay first choice at DM, but now we’ll have decent alternatives in Bajcetic, Lavia etc. The biggest question for Klopp would be how to integrate Gakpo and Nunez together - they are both the type that needs the team built around them, but also completely different from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom