• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm both nervous and excited by the prospect of Lavia. He seems to possess a number of attributes (ball carrying, long balls) that you don't often find in a defensive midfielder, and which you might say are 'nice to haves' for his position. Having someone who can progress the ball skilfully from that part of the pitch would set him apart from even some of the best DMs. My nervousness is that when you look at the attributes you'd typically expect in a DM (tackling, interceptions, duels won etc.) he's very average, even on a 'per 90' basis. He's clearly a gifted athlete, so hopefully he has what it takes to adapt and grow into the position. If he can add the fundamentals to his game then we could have an elite level DM on our hands. But there's no getting away from the fact that spending £50m on a DM who's yet to develop the defensive side of his game is a massive gamble. And I cant help thinking we could have found a better (and cheaper) option.

Thanks for all the kind messages about our Bam. Still very raw, but he didn't suffer. Went out with me cuddling him, and him seeming so chilled with it all. Proud of him. We'd just been to Anglesey in the camper van, he was dead happy and had a great life.

But his daughter seems really really down. Doesn't want to do anything. Walking round with that gait that says 'I've done something wrong haven't I?'

Oh dear so sorry to hear this mate

“Ya they just pay me to schmoke and watch football, it’s gut. Anyway can you iron my lederhosen, danke”

It looks like we're desperate for him and he's gonna be our guy, just hope for his sake more than anything it works out otherwise the backlash is gonna hit different.

Anyone know if we've ever had 3 bids rejected for a player before?

It looks like we're desperate for him and he's gonna be our guy, just hope for his sake more than anything it works out otherwise the backlash is gonna hit different.

Anyone know if we've ever had 3 bids rejected for a player before?

Difficult to say regarding whether we have had 3 bids rejected before. Our pursuit of players has not been this public before. I am assuming it is the Southampton side leaking all this information to draw out other bidders.

Those chiselling barstewards have form for wanting to start bidding wars. Witness the stunts they pulled with us in that whole saga over Virgil, when they made a fuss over stuff we'd done which every ******* club (probably including them) does, just to tempt Citeh and the Chavs to try again.

[article]Moisés Caicedo misses Brighton training as Chelsea prepare fresh bid[/article]

We aren’t the only ones.
Yeah, but while they do the dance with Brighton, at least they are getting their other important targets. God forbid but if 5 of our players were to leave for the Saudi league now, we would still be focussed on doing our only dance with Southampton. Big difference.

F28T5vJWYAAClzn
It was quite funny, until the last picture where it takes piss out of Curtis.

Yeah, but while they do the dance with Brighton, at least they are getting their other important targets. God forbid but if 5 of our players were to leave for the Saudi league now, we would still be focussed on doing our only dance with Southampton. Big difference.
Haven’t they been dancing since January over this transfer?

We’ve got our important targets. Mac, SoBoss and Gakpo (he was always going to be the Firmino replacement). We were never going to overhaul the defence at the same time.

That is true. Though, if Chelsea think Brighton's demands for Caicedo is too high, I can see them making a bid if we have not closed the deal already.

Chelsea being Chelsea.

Read a few reports they've triggered the £20m release of Tyler Adams whilst also coming back to the table for Caicedo....whether they'll still be after another midfielder after that remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom