• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s our petty excuse for not getting this done today (agreeing a fee at least) then? Only so much flack that fax machine can take!!!!
That fax machine..been worked over time, i hope wr have enough in the kitty to pay for a new one before jan transfer window.

Possibly because negotiations are ongoing and any bid has not been rejected.

Now that's what we like to hear Momo.

At this rate the only prize we'll be winning is the negotiations trophy.

Arsenal will finally take the transfer window cup off Everton.

Spurs have their tiger cup.

& City will go on to win the treble again!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Who's gonna get them champagne bottles poppin'!!!

Well considering I was never that keen on the player in the first place.......I guess?

We've already come to the table 3 times and failed 3 times.

Neeeext.

The loons: Our midfield is shit we need a new one.
LFC: Gets rid of the old shit ones, buys 2 new ones and tries for a third.
The loons: FSG ARE CHEAP BASTARDS ARGHHHHHHHHHHH
LFC: Buys third midfielder
The loons: DON’T WANT THAT ONE FSG OUT!

Six Crazy Loons logic.

Six Crazy Loons logic.

That's not entirely accurate though is it Momo and I get you need to exaggerate certain points to make them seem more relevant, all you need to do is simply refer back to old threads if you're unsure.....in particular the "do we need new owners thread" where you'll see about 80% on SCM voted in favour of either wanting them out out (as in today out) or wanting them out if Klopp wasn't backed sufficiently.....what loons?

Secondly 95% of the fanbase, the entire media and pretty much anyone who reports or analyses on Liverpool said our midfield was shit and needed a rebuild, whilst I agreed it wasn't a narrative I started.....so again I ask, what loons?

Thirdly the only things that's got on my nerves this summer personally is the time and approach we've taken on this kid (& I can quote many posts from the "non loons" who have expressed exactly this). What loons?

Fourthly we've not bought a third midfielder & I've said at the time we were linked with him I didn't think it represented good value and would've preferred to see Baj get the minutes instead.

You want to make it all about "the loons", that's fine keep it going....but at least validate what you're saying to be true instead of leaving out the convenient parts.

Last edited:
That's not entirely accurate though is it Momo and I get you need to exaggerate certain points to make them seem more relevant, all you need to do is simply refer back to old threads if you're unsure.....in particular the "do we need new owners thread" where you'll see about 80% on SCM voted in favour of either wanting them out out (as in today out) or wanting them out if Klopp wasn't backed sufficiently.....what loons?

Secondly 95% of the fanbase, the entire media and pretty much anyone who reports or analyses on Liverpool said our midfield was shit and needed a rebuild, whilst I agreed it wasn't a narrative I started.....so again I ask, what loons?

Thirdly the only things that's got on my nerves this summer personally is the time and approach we've taken on this kid (& I can quote many posts from the "non loons" who have expressed exactly this). What loons?

Fourthly we've not bought a third midfielder & I've said at the time we were linked with him I didn't think it represented good value and would've preferred to see Baj get the minutes instead.

You want to make it all about "the loons", that's fine keep it going....but at least validate what you're saying to be true instead of leaving out the convenient parts.

@binomial - dont worry mate, and dont let it get to you, in my view the only loons are the ones that have accepted the staus of our current ownership. Last season when most of us loons were worried about midfield it was all .... have faith we nearly completed football with our midfield ... but those of us that watched the games and looked at the performances and midfield and realized the luck of the draws in getting to the cup finals, and also realized it was unusual to finally have a full squad for 3.5 weeks in a whole season....we knew last season was gonna be shit show before a ball was kicked...and guess what we were right and those actual loons were fucking wrong.

However @binomial I actually believe we will beat Chelsea come Sunday, even with what we have. But mark my words, right now if any one of our main midfielders or defenders gets injured, we are fucked, and dont let the actual loons convince you otherwise.

and dont let it get to you
I'm really not that sensitive to it but I'll still put someone straight and correct a few things if I feel obliged......it's like do I really need to dig up old posts and posts links to old threads where people have lost their marbles all because we hadn't appointed a new SD......in November, to take 1 example.

We’ve got rid of the midfield which caused us issues last season.

Vastly upgraded on last season.

It’s highly likely we are going to sign a third in reaction to getting a great deal on two liabilities. We are in negotiations. That lays out the truth and we can have sensible debate over that.

Yes it is exaggerated to make the point the loons are indeed loons.

The loons are losing their shit because the negotiations for the third are happening and being reported on social media. Not happening in 25 seconds. Whether he’s value for money to you means nothing. The cost of him should represent we do invest in our side. Sell to buy. That’s been our success. Don’t lose your head over not having oligarch owners.

There’s plenty of rational people on here who recognise we’ve upgraded our starting side and not frothing at the mouth that we aren’t signing any of 298 sub standard players and think they know more than the club.

The way my post is laid out what most were thinking. It’s not capitalised and I used the term “the loons” to emphasise their thought process for the rest of the post. It’s a sensible thing to say. Then the loons start losing their shit.

To look at your new owners point. 17% (a huge number of 6) said yes to new owners. Get that midfielder or even a January signing lined up then ask the question.

The state of this site is all down to the loons. Plenty of good posters left over the past two or three seasons. A few made a fleeting appearance to call out some loon shit. It was you that posted it. You are indeed chief loon.

Six Crazy Loons logic.

You forgot the bit about
The Loons : WE NEED TO BRING IN LOADS OF YOUNG PLAYERS!!!!
LFC : Plays kids in pre-season friendlies.
The Loons : WHY ARE WE PLAYING YOUNG PLAYERS!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH OUR SQUAD IS SO SHIT!!!!

You forgot the bit about
The Loons : WE NEED TO BRING IN LOADS OF YOUNG PLAYERS!!!!
LFC : Plays kids in pre-season friendlies.
The Loons : WHY ARE WE PLAYING YOUNG PLAYERS!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH OUR SQUAD IS SO SHIT!!!!

Who in particular said that Stevie?

Good young players. Liverpool should strive to bring in and develop good young players. Would you agree with this sentiment?

I've raved all pre-season about Ben Doak, I've said he's the 1 that's impressed me the most. I would also very much like Quansah and Bradley to be part of the squad and would be happy for them to be given chances next season, but I've gone on record to say these things multiple times I don't know if they're being missed, lost, caught up in other posts or what. If you disagree with any of that or if that's misinterpreted in any to "why are we playing young players" then ok no problems, I respect your opinion and onto the next subject.

Who in particular said that Stevie?

Good young players. Liverpool should strive to bring in and develop good young players. Would you agree with this sentiment?

I've raved all pre-season about Ben Doak, I've said he's the 1 that's impressed me the most. I would also very much like Quansah and Bradley to be part of the squad and would be happy for them to be given chances next season, but I've gone on record to say these things multiple times I don't know if they're being missed, lost, caught up in other posts or what. If you disagree with any of that or if that's misinterpreted in any to "why are we playing young players" then ok no problems, I respect your opinion and onto the next subject.

Lighten up you cock womble.

We’ve got rid of the midfield which caused us issues last season.

Vastly upgraded on last season.

It’s highly likely we are going to sign a third in reaction to getting a great deal on two liabilities. We are in negotiations. That lays out the truth and we can have sensible debate over that.

Yes it is exaggerated to make the point the loons are indeed loons.

The loons are losing their shit because the negotiations for the third are happening and being reported on social media. Not happening in 25 seconds. Whether he’s value for money to you means nothing. The cost of him should represent we do invest in our side. Sell to buy. That’s been our success. Don’t lose your head over not having oligarch owners.

There’s plenty of rational people on here who recognise we’ve upgraded our starting side and not frothing at the mouth that we aren’t signing any of 298 sub standard players and think they know more than the club.

The way my post is laid out what most were thinking. It’s not capitalised and I used the term “the loons” to emphasise their thought process for the rest of the post. It’s a sensible thing to say. Then the loons start losing their shit.

To look at your new owners point. 17% (a huge number of 6) said yes to new owners. Get that midfielder or even a January signing lined up then ask the question.

The state of this site is all down to the loons. Plenty of good posters left over the past two or three seasons. A few made a fleeting appearance to call out some loon shit. It was you that posted it. You are indeed chief loon.

We have got rid of the midfield which caused us issues and replaced them with 2 ballers, I agree. However we're yet to see how it'll function collectively in a new system over a season, so far in pre-season it'll point to us trying to deal with the same issues defensively we've been trying to stamp out so time will tell on this 1. Absolutely no problems with the 2 we've bought in.

Never mentioned oligarch owners, never wanted/want oligarch owners....just reliable dependable owners that can give the manager the best chance to compete. I only want this, to see us compete. No one's pretending to think they know more than the club, we let the club do what needs to be done.....sometimes they get it right, other times they won't & that's fine, mistakes happen......we as fans can only hope lessons are learnt from the mistakes made previously. Fans can still voice their opinion however which way they use if they choose to do so at all.

You'll talk all day and night about "how the loons lose their shit over the time taken over a deal" but what you won't do is talk about the others who rant and rave over things such as why we haven't appointed a new SD before the world cup, because it doesn't suit your driven agenda.....you won't ever pick an argument with any of the others in that new owners thread that commented saying "enough is enough" or "wasting peak Klopp years" or "They've done one good thing in 12 years, hire Klopp" and why is that? Are they not easy enough targets for you? Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

"Plenty of rational people on here", yeah the same rational people that do moan and throw hissy fits around yet still blow smoke up their backsides....so again I ask who are the loons?

Lighten up you cock womble.
Cock womble hahaha, not heard that terminology said in ages but I do like it.

You're 1 who spends a lot of time feeding into the whole "loons running the asylum" then want to play it down as a "joke" when I simply ask a few things......and you want me to lighten up when you're on a mission to find any and every post of mine you can disagree with?

We have got rid of the midfield which caused us issues and replaced them with 2 ballers, I agree. However we're yet to see how it'll function collectively in a new system over a season, so far in pre-season it'll point to us trying to deal with the same issues defensively we've been trying to stamp out so time will tell on this 1. Absolutely no problems with the 2 we've bought in.

Never mentioned oligarch owners, never wanted/want oligarch owners....just reliable dependable owners that can give the manager the best chance to compete. I only want this, to see us compete. No one's pretending to think they know more than the club, we let the club do what needs to be done.....sometimes they get it right, other times they won't & that's fine, mistakes happen......we as fans can only hope lessons are learnt from the mistakes made previously. Fans can still voice their opinion however which way they use if they choose to do so at all.

You'll talk all day and night about "how the loons lose their shit over the time taken over a deal" but what you won't do is talk about the others who rant and rave over things such as why we haven't appointed a new SD before the world cup, because it doesn't suit your driven agenda.....you won't ever pick an argument with any of the others in that new owners thread that commented saying "enough is enough" or "wasting peak Klopp years" or "They've done one good thing in 12 years, hire Klopp" and why is that? Are they not easy enough targets for you? Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

"Plenty of rational people on here", yeah the same rational people that do moan and throw hissy fits around yet still blow smoke up their backsides....so again I ask who are the loons?
You are chief loon.

That thread is locked so I can’t pick and choose fights with them. Most of those who did show dismay at FSG are people I’ve engaged with over the years about the club and how we are run. Not a case of picking targets because they will debate.

You and you loony cohort just like to go off on one. Spout shit. Ruin the place and force decent posters to go.

Cock womble hahaha, not heard that terminology said in ages but I do like it.

You're 1 who spends a lot of time feeding into the whole "loons running the asylum" then want to play it down as a "joke" when I simply ask a few things......and you want me to lighten up when you're on a mission to find any and every post of mine you can disagree with?

This is you acting like a loon - “on a mission to find any and every post of mine you can disagree with”.

Do you need a hug today or a bit of positive reinforcement that not everything you post is utter drivel?

You’re right about Doak - he is very good and we should give him as much pitch time as we can.

There you go. Happy now?

You are chief loon.

That thread is locked so I can’t pick and choose fights with them. Most of those who did show dismay at FSG are people I’ve engaged with over the years about the club and how we are run. Not a case of picking targets because they will debate.

You and you loony cohort just like to go off on one. Spout shit. Ruin the place and force decent posters to go.

If me wanting the club to be in the best shape possible to compete, go on to win things in conjunction with manager, dressing room, fans all feeling confident and in good spirits means I'm chief loon, Hey I take no issue with that.

Sure the thread is locked, but use your imagination Momo....all you have to do is dig deep, reach out and find it. I'll give ya a hint, the link to the thread is still valid. It's funny how all those in that thread (as well as probably many others) who ranted and raved about FSG are not under my wing as loon assistants.

You can mumble on about how I like to go off on one when the truth of the matter is I'm no worst than the next man and like I said I could easily dig out many threads/posts within threads to prove this....it's hardly requires columbo like skills.

Ruin the place? Yeah, maybe occasionally. Fuck it. Sometimes a place needs to be taken apart and built back up from scratch to re-exist 😉. Not the only one though and evidently not nearly ruined enough that you're still around sooooo........

Force decent posters to go? Bit extreme but no I don't hold that kind of power on here....I'm just your standard average fan.

Lolz, Chelsea with a bid for him now. 48 mill. Better than any of our 3 bids.
What a clusterfuck if he moves there.

This is you acting like a loon - “on a mission to find any and every post of mine you can disagree with”.

Do you need a hug today or a bit of positive reinforcement that not everything you post is utter drivel?

You’re right about Doak - he is very good and we should give him as much pitch time as we can.

There you go. Happy now?

But you do don't you? It's not acting like anything, I don't need to act a certain way to call something out as it is....you have quoted me on many occasions, and 9 times out of 10 it's usually to make a mockery out of it and/or dissect which parts are nonsense or garbage or drivel. Am I wrong?

I don't want you to feel like it bothers me or that I have a personal grudge against you because at the end of the day it's just 2 people having contrasting views & I listen and respect the opinions of any fan so long as they show they truly believe the things behind what they say, I'll gladly engage in debates and will always give reasons why I think something is ABC, or should be ABC or is done ABC.

& I sure as hell don't want your condescending remarks, you can't 1 minute say "Binomial wonders why we play kids" when there's no evidence to support this then when I quote what was actually said, turn around the next minute sarcastically saying "You're right about Doak".

We’re some useless pricks when it comes to negotiating. We could have wrapped this up weeks ago.
There was nothing to negotiate here. Southampton always wanted 40m net. They said it from the start.

We are cunts (the recruiting dept) who thought we could get a cut price deal.

It was never there to be had.

Thuram yes
Lavia no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom