• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more deals Southampton complete, the less pressure on them to do this one.

Nah, the Lavia deal will also be done. But even if West Ham got Ward Prowse for less than the asking price I think we all know that there will be no discount for Lavia.

Absolutely no excuses for not getting this done today.

I think it's very possible Lavia is our 3rd choice option.

Tcouchameni being the first.
Andre being the second.

We're waiting to see what happens with Mbappe and whether Real will need to sell to buy him.
And with Andre, we were/are waiting to see if Fluminese lose in their CL ties.

It's why we are longing it out with bids a week apart with Lavia, and making bids we know they won't accept. To keep Lavia onside to think we still want him (in case, someone else like Chelsea come in and we're forced to act). But also to string Southampton along until the end of the month when we will have a better idea of our top 2 targets.

Hopefully. Relegation typically cuts the overall budget in half. That is some challenge.

Some Saints fans have said they have new owners that are well off, meaning there's less pressure on them to sell or trim wage bills as there has been in previous years.

Andre being the second.

We're waiting to see what happens with Mbappe and whether Real will need to sell to buy him.

It's why we are longing it out with bids a week apart with Lavia, and making bids we know they won't accept. To keep Lavia onside to think we still want him (in case, someone else like Chelsea come in and we're forced to act). But also to string Southampton along until the end of the month when we will have a better idea of our top 2 targets.
You think highly of our recruitment department.

I don't think Andre was second choice by the way.

I think we’re overthinking this.

The majority of transfers that seem to get done quickly are where buy out clauses are met - so there’s no negotiation.

Everything else trundles along slowly because things are more complicated.

I think we’re overthinking this.

The majority of transfers that seem to get done quickly are where buy out clauses are met - so there’s no negotiation.

Everything else trundles along slowly because things are more complicated.
This is worse because it is played out via social media. If both sides kept their mouths shut and announced the deal once everyone sorts it out then we’d be lauded. Even those out of the blue signings, like Fabs, probably had talks which lasted weeks.

Fluminense won their game last night and progressed in the Libertadores cup. The quarter finals have the second leg on the 30th of August I think, so the Andre transfer wont happen until the January window.

Still they are selling their best players.

They sell their best players because those players don't want to play in the Championship.

I don't think the first year after relegation is a massive financial hit for clubs, generally, as long as they don't hang around outside the Premier League for too long.

Unless they are already operating beyond their means, and you get the impression for some reason that Southampton wouldn't be doing that.

Some Saints fans have said they have new owners that are well off, meaning there's less pressure on them to sell or trim wage bills as there has been in previous years.
Just because you have money doesn't mean you don't want to save money - or cash in when the time is right.

Andre being the second.

There is zero chance of us getting Tchouaméni. He's not coming to a team in the europa. You are giving fsg wwwaaaayyyy too much credit. Lavia is our 1st choice, we just have cheap owners.

There is zero chance of us getting Tchouaméni. He's not coming to a team in the europa. You are giving fsg wwwaaaayyyy too much credit. Lavia is our 1st choice, we just have cheap owners.
I just can't imagine Jurgen being as calm as he is about the situation if this were the case.

We're literally at the point of haggling over 2-3m with Lavia.

It doesn't make sense that we are making improved bids like a week apart. When we moved very quickly for Mac and Szobo.

I think it's because he's really not our 1st choice. But heh, perhaps you're right and there is no twist in the tale at the end and it's just our owner being tight cunts.

I hate the way some on here think that Lavia is a project, I think the kid is more than ready to slot into our side.

He was always gonna sign and will. We just tried to save a few Bob. And in the process mashed our preseason to some degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom