• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess its upto the player now.
He'll be a Chelsea player by morning if Soton accept their bid tonight & he should go there, will see far more first team action than he would here & it needed something like this to happen so we could finally move on and not waste anymore of the precious time we have left.

He'll be a Chelsea player by morning if Soton accept their bid tonight & he should go there, will see far more first team action than he would here & it needed something like this to happen so we could finally move on and not waste anymore of the precious time we have left.
why?

they dicked around last summer bidding for him and couldn't get it over the line. They've learnt nothing from the Caceido mess by dicking around on the bid for him. £48m... please if they were serious they'd just offer the £50m straight

It's fucking incredible anyone defends FSG/the club over this. Just because binomial is a cretin doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong about this.

If Lavia is the player we want we should've just paid the money and had it wrapped up a month ago. It's truly pathetic to still be pissing around over a few million at this stage.

why?

they dicked around last summer bidding for him and couldn't get it over the line. They've learnt nothing from the Caceido mess by dicking around on the bid for him. £48m... please if they were serious they'd just offer the £50m straight

Were Chelsea in for Lavia last summer or are you referring to Caicedo and them re-chasing Caicedo again this?

What do we really know from the Chelsea-Caicedo saga, 2 bids being rejected, one for 70m and one for 80m? I'd say those were pretty fair offers.....Brighton have every right to value him at 100m and Chelsea will either agree by paying that or disagree by walking away.

It's a bit like us with Soton and Lavia, we've bid a couple of very fair offers (probably worth more than he is), if Soton are holding out for me then that's their prerogative too.....we can't wait around for these, either agree a fee and structure terms or walk away and pursue elsewhere.

But I do agree and find it odd why they'd come in halfway between our latest offer and what Soton want for him, rather than offering the 50m outright.

This is pathetic - honestly - big clubs for big players, but we cannot even get a 19 year old from a relegated club. It should never have reached this stage, as soon as Henderson, and Fabinho left - we should have been in straight for him with a minimum of 45M bid, nothing less. If we still have hope and sign this kid - he will be as good in his position as Mane was for us when we bought him from Southampton - I honestly believe that. This is really bad if this falls through.

On the FSG Outers - all I can say is that I don't disagree with their overall strategy they are good at this business, I just wish they were a little wealthier so that they could just sign these players that are not the most expensive in the market, but I think even the cheap end of the market is too much for them, and there lies the truth of our ownership.

It's funny that Liverpool deem Lavia not to be worth the 50m and no doubt we'll claim that he was overvalued by Southampton and we weren't going to be held to ransom if he goes to Chelsea. Of course we didn't tell Al-Ittihad they had over valued Fabinho and negotiated them down to a more reasonable fee did we? Of course not because that would have been madness.
Mcallister was signed much below his market value because of the buy out clause and Fabinho went for far more than he was worth judging by last seasons performances, so if we pay a few more million for this lad who looks like our preferred choice then it all evens out in the end.

Were Chelsea in for Lavia last summer or are you referring to Caicedo and them re-chasing Caicedo again this?

What do we really know from the Chelsea-Caicedo saga, 2 bids being rejected, one for 70m and one for 80m? I'd say those were pretty fair offers.....Brighton have every right to value him at 100m and Chelsea will either agree by paying that or disagree by walking away.

It's a bit like us with Soton and Lavia, we'd really bid a couple of very fair offers (probably worth more than he is), if Soton are holding out for me then that's their prerogative too.....we can't wait around for these, either agree a fee and structure terms or walk away and pursue elsewhere.

But I do agree and find it odd why they'd come in halfway between our latest offer and what Soton want for him, rather than offering the 50m outright.
they had a bid of £50m rejected for him last summer. Also if you're using the same stick about fair offers for Caceido then the same is also true about us and the offers we've made for Lavia

It's funny that Liverpool deem Lavia not to be worth the 50m and no doubt we'll claim that he was overvalued by Southampton and we weren't going to be held to ransom if he goes to Chelsea. Of course we didn't tell Al-Ittihad they had over valued Fabinho and negotiated them down to a more reasonable fee did we? Of course not because that would have been madness.
Mcallister was signed much below his market value because of the buy out clause and Fabinho went for far more than he was worth judging by last seasons performances, so if we pay a few more million for this lad who looks like our preferred choice then it all evens out in the end.

This is obviously the common sense position.

If Mac Allister is worth 35m then Szobozslai is worth about 20m, from what I've seen. I've yet to see anyone complaining too much about his 60m fee.

I could understand if Soton were asking 100m or something. But 50m is obviously in the ball park of what he's worth. 10m over the odds or so? It's buttons over a 15 year career. It should've been done and dusted weeks ago.

they had a bid of £50m rejected for him last summer. Also if you're using the same stick about fair offers for Caceido then the same is also true about us and the offers we've made for Lavia

Yes precisely that.

What would you say Caicedo was worth last summer compared to this summer? £50m bid for him last summer I'd say was reasonable (I think Arsenal tried to get him in Jan and themselves bidded £70m), no doubt his value has shot up and their most recent bit of £80m I'd say is also very fair......just like our bids for Lava this summer, I believe have been very fair.

I repeat, the only issue I have is the time taken over this kid.......the longer this drags, the more exhausted and annoyed fans are gonna get.

Not only the time we've wasted by not signing the kid yet but we're giving ourselves less time to tie up any other deals we might have in mind. Once the season starts there's less time to train with the players and consequently it will take more time to integrate them properly. Klopp must be fuming or at least exasperated with all the arseing about.

Not only the time we've wasted by not signing the kid yet but we're giving ourselves less time to tie up any other deals we might have in mind. Once the season starts there's less time to train with the players and consequently it will take more time to integrate them properly. Klopp must be fuming or at least exasperated with all the arseing about.

I can’t help but think Klopp is largely responsible… Schmadtke was his pick and is doing everything Klopp wants.

Yes precisely that.

What would you say Caicedo was worth last summer compared to this summer? £50m bid for him last summer I'd say was reasonable (I think Arsenal tried to get him in Jan and themselves bidded £70m), no doubt his value has shot up and their most recent bit of £80m I'd say is also very fair......just like our bids for Lava this summer, I believe have been very fair.

I repeat, the only issue I have is the time taken over this kid.......the longer this drags, the more exhausted and annoyed fans are gonna get.
well they turned down £70m from Arsenal in the Jan window. Brighton then gave him a new deal with a buy out clause of £100m. That's his price. Chelsea fucked up the market with signing Enzo for £107m now Btighton can demand whatever they want for Caceido because afterall if Enzo went for £107m....

So we are fucktards because we didn’t just offer the asking price up front, Chelsea have now offered a less than the asking price too a;nd they are professional and we are idiots?

Key thing here is is £50m a realistic offer for a 19 yo. I don’t think Chelsea are a great yardstick for value for money offers.

For me this is a ‘step aside’ moment

So we are fucktards because we didn’t just offer the asking price up front, Chelsea have now offered a less than the asking price too a;nd they are professional and we are idiots?

Key thing here is is £50m a realistic offer for a 19 yo. I don’t think Chelsea are a great yardstick for value for money offers.

For me this is a ‘step aside’ moment

That's not the key thing at all. In fact, it's a stupid thing to concentrate on.

But you do don't you? It's not acting like anything, I don't need to act a certain way to call something out as it is....you have quoted me on many occasions, and 9 times out of 10 it's usually to make a mockery out of it and/or dissect which parts are nonsense or garbage or drivel. Am I wrong?

I don't want you to feel like it bothers me or that I have a personal grudge against you because at the end of the day it's just 2 people having contrasting views & I listen and respect the opinions of any fan so long as they show they truly believe the things behind what they say, I'll gladly engage in debates and will always give reasons why I think something is ABC, or should be ABC or is done ABC.

& I sure as hell don't want your condescending remarks, you can't 1 minute say "Binomial wonders why we play kids" when there's no evidence to support this then when I quote what was actually said, turn around the next minute sarcastically saying "You're right about Doak".

Ok - let’s be clear - I don’t trawl around the site hanging on your every post. You post a lot and a lot of what you post is drivel that I either disagree with or have a different opinion on - so I call it out if I happen to read it in an active thread, as I do most things I read.

So are you saying I shouldn’t disagree with you or that you just don’t like it when somebody disagrees with you - sure sounds like it’s bothering you?

If you don’t like something I post - you’ll likely comment on it - that’s kind of the way this thing works.

the common thread that seems to emerge from the collective “loons” is the belief that they can post whatever they want whenever they want without challenge.

That’s not the way this site works - it never has.

There’s probably a stack of posters that love you - but not for the reasons you think. Modo was once public enemy No 1 because of his constant moaning about certain highly decorated captains that are no longer with us - Hansern used to be the Twitter guy and get we liked on for posting every Twitter rumour a Bluebell… actually he was christened as BlueBellEnd by one of our more “acerbic” posters… etc etc etc.

My posting “style” is mostly light hearted and mostly an attempt at being funny - doesn’t always work - but it genuinely does reflect my personality and the way I interact with people in real life. So, if I’m not trying to take the piss or be funny, then yes, I believe

If you want to think I’m being sarcastic about Doak and get all ducking offended and perceive me as being condescending - then go nuts - I didn’t say YOU, I said “the loons” - sorry you want to make it all about YOU… even though it apparently doesn’t bother you.. and you’re really showing that it doesn’t bother you by getting all whiny about it.

However I do remember you going off on one of your rants about how all our youths were shit and none would make it not all that long ago - so don’t give me this bollocks about being all offended when someone points out that.

Also… do I need to point out that you’ve just complained that I’m always attacking you and your posts and then you’ve complained that I’m being all sarcastic and condescending when I don’t.

Make you mind up - and stop acting like a Loon - remember - I said you were a cuspy half in, half out sort of loon.

I can’t help but think Klopp is largely responsible… Schmadtke was his pick and is doing everything Klopp wants.

Carra and Bascombe have said that Klopp has more or less assumed full control of football operations in the club, so you could be on the right track.

Does anyone now think this whole Lavia thing is a distraction ? And we are after someone else ? I cant believe we have allowed Southampton to publically shame us with our multiple bids, none of this makes sense.

I've said earlier the most alarming thing about the club has been the multiple successive resignations in our recruitment team - Edwards, Ward, Graham all in a space of 12 months.

The manager assuming major power over recruitment is always bad. This isn't in the 90s.

The Schmadtke appointment itself was bizarre, and it's even more bizarre that he's spent most of his time this summer working remotely from Ibiza.

I wonder who is even leading the negotiations for our deals this summer. Effectively, Schmadtke has only signed 1 player this summer in Szoboszlai. Maybe it was something to do with the fact that it was from the German market he's familiar with.

We ran into major hiccups with the Fabinho sale, and are clearly running into issues with the Lavia deal, and I have no confidence that the people in charge have a complete handle on things. It just doesn't feel that way.

I get that one shouldn't pay much stock into the protracted nature of negotiations being played out on social media, but the fact of the matter is that we need signings in at least 2 key positions with less than a week to start the season.

There's a chance we get those signings over the line before the end of August, but we've effectively punted on the first month of the season without a recognised DM or any depth at CB. For a club serious about returning to the CL or winning trophies again, that's very concerning.

What I cannot understand is why we let Fabinho go without securing a replacement first. By all accounts the reason why Fabinho’s transfer dragged on was because Saudis couldn’t provide payment guarantees or something of that nature - instead we should have been delaying the move until the replacement player walks the door - that’s how well-run clubs typically operate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom