• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sal-ittihad

Latest from Tap in, apparently:
Fabrizio Romano just reported that the reason why Salah is thinking about the Saudi deal is because they offered him twice the amount of money that they offered him at the start of the month. Salah's agents inquired about the deal to Saudi and Liverpool said no because they want to keep him.

Hypothetical situation...

They bid 200 million, would you sell?

That's the minimum price it would take, for me, at this point in the window. We're not qualifying for the Champions League without him, so the loss of next year's revenue would have to be factored into any sale price.

Always amazes me in these threads when people ask would you sell him hypothetically for 200 million, and everyone says yes.

As if we'll ever spend any of that money.

That money gets fat in John Henry's bank account - it never gets spent on new signings.

We sold Fabinho and Henderson for 52 million, and we've signed some unheard of Japanese granddad to replace them.

We sell Salah for 100 million, and we'll sign Demarai Gray on loan to replace him, and the club will trot out the line that there simply wasn't the right player in the market at the time.

Harvey to step and do what? Much rather see Doak who gives us genuine pace and actually knows how to beat a man.

Always amazes me in these threads when people ask would you sell him hypothetically for 200 million, and everyone says yes.

As if we'll ever spend any of that money.

That money gets fat in John Henry's bank account - it never gets spent on new signings.

We sold Fabinho and Henderson for 52 million, and we've signed some unheard of Japanese granddad to replace them.

We sell Salah for 100 million, and we'll sign Demarai Gray on loan to replace him, and the club will trot out the line that there simply wasn't the right player in the market at the time.

This is a fair point.

Harvey to step and do what? Much rather see Doak who gives us genuine pace and actually knows how to beat a man.

superman-missed-the-joke.gif

Will Liverpool be tempted to sell Salah for the right price?

"[article]
"I think Mo Salah is just not for sale. He’s Liverpool’s best-paid player. The last thing Jurgen Klopp wants is to lose him so late in the window.
"Klopp came out recently and said he was unhappy with how the SPL window was open after the Premier League window closes. He was worried about the fact Saudi clubs could come in and take players away from Premier League clubs after the window was closed here, so they couldn’t replace them.
"If Al Ittihad do try to sign Salah after the window closes next Friday, Klopp’s worst nightmares will have come true. This is the transfer market – Saudi clubs have a different window to Premier League clubs. Al-Ittihad are doing nothing wrong. They’re trying to sign a player. Does every player have their price? Will it get to a stage where the price is so high that Liverpool are tempted to cash in?
"There’s been no indication so far from the club that this is the case. We’ve seen time and again this summer, Saudi clubs identify targets and throw money at these targets.
"We’re talking about incredible sums of money, and we’ve been told some of these players who are reluctant to move are being told they’ll be given 50 per cent of their wages over the whole term of their contract up front now, tax free, to tempt them to join."
[/article]
https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

We all know the right thing to do is prepare, research, scout, tap up, save up, whatever over the next year in preparation for his departure next summer.

[QUOTE="Mystic, post: 2248248, member: 69"[/QUOTE]

superman-missed-the-joke.gif

Can't really tell with some fans and where they stand, some actually feel he's a generational talent.

Harry Kane, a year younger than Salah, with a poor injury history and 12 months left in his contract just went to Bayern for €100m. He has negligible commercial value because he's a boring cunt.
Salah is one of the most marketable players in world football, excellent injury record and objectively the most desirable "property" for the Saudi league.
31 or not, Al-Shittihad can put a very large bucket load of cash on the table tomorrow or they can fuck right off.

I’ve said it before, if salah thinks about what’s on the table this year then it’s a good time to leave.

CL - no
PL top scorer - no
PL title - probably not

But he seems like a serious guy, there’s nothing on offer in Saudi except money and it’s effectively the end of his competitive career. They probably reckon he’ll make a killing over there until he’s 38 so there’s no rush. I don’t like his agent though.

We're too late, going West Ham.

Yeah, slightly surprised they played him for 90mins. Hattrick that almost ensure qualification into group stages, great way to say goodbye.

Szoboszlai could go right if/when Salah leaves.
2-jpg.2754

Yeah, slightly surprised they played him for 90mins. Hattrick that almost ensure qualification into group stages, great way to say goodbye.

Szoboszlai could go right if/when Salah leaves.
2-jpg.2754

i think we should sign Thuram just to be safe

Back
Top Bottom