• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - United (A) - Sunday 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
First big game of Slot's career, away at Old Trafford. A few of us said at the start of the season this could be great timing as the opposition will have limited data to make assessments and game plans for against us.

I think we'll again go unchanged from Brentford. Consistency might work in our favour in these early weeks.

Ali

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Gravy
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Jota
Diaz

I am bullish about this, but Diallo & Garnacho (if they decide to start him) can still cause us problems on the counter. I think United's pressing is weak with a few weak links across the front line which might help our possession tactics.

Would be happy with a draw. It's just not a fixture we win too often. They find a way.

We'll also get our first proper look at Gravy in the 6 against, what should be, a higher calibre of opposition. Hopefully he steps up to another level again.

Would be happy with a draw. It's just not a fixture we win too often. They find a way.

We'll also get our first proper look at Gravy in the 6 against, what should be, a higher calibre of opposition. Hopefully he steps up to another level again.

I’d genuinely be disappointed with a draw. They are there for the taking. We owe them a beating. It’ll be a big atmosphere and their players will step up but i have faith that Arne will send us out sharp from the start.

Glad this fixture is before the international break rather than after it

It's difficult to look at that United team and think that is the result of 3 years work and transfers.

Likely :

Onana
Dalot
Martinez
De Ligt
Mazraoui

Mainoo
Casamiro

Rashford?
Mount
Diallo?

Fernandes

Their bench is horrendous. Maybe Antony or Garnacho can force their way into the starting line up.

Rashford has been dogshite and half-arsed according to pundits, but he always seems to turn up against us. This Zirksee lad seems to have a goal in him and Garnacho may well start too. Never confident against these b*stards.

United have just agreed £50m for Ugarte which is a good move for them. Inmagine he’ll only be on bench for this one

However shite they are, United do go up a level against us. I do think that some of our previous football played into their hands. Those chaotic elements, the high line, and the team are vulnerable to the counter. It gave the United opportunities which they all too often took. If there was ever a need to get a few early goals and kill the game off, to the disappointment of neutral fans and broadcasters all over the world, this was it.

I remember bemoaning our lack of aggression last year, too, which was inexcusable in this sort of game. The players shouldn't need reminding, especially after Slot's tactics don't matter when you lose your duals' line, but they need to be properly fired up for it. It's a small thing but I'd be far more comfortable with Robertson riling our players up for this than Trent or VVD. It needs that kind of energy.

I'd go with the same team again but start Mac Allister deeper alongside Grav for more of the game. There may be moments we missed Endo in there, but hopefully what we can do on the ball offsets it.

Rashford has been dogshite and half-arsed according to pundits, but he always seems to turn up against us. This Zirksee lad seems to have a goal in him and Garnacho may well start too. Never confident against these b*stards.
Zirkzee has scored 1 and cost them 1. Id say he's on a net zero atm

Knowing our luck they’ll bench him for Garnacho who looks very threatening

...... the opposition will have limited data to make assessments and game plans for against us.

I don’t think Ten Haag has a game plan! By comparison I hope Slot has thought of some ways to get at their frailties. Onana and that pedestrian defence for starters.

Good to be playing them before Ugarte comes in. Really don't know why we weren't trying for his signature.

Whatever happens, the chance to sing Manchester is full of shit always cheers me up.

I don’t think Ten Haag has a game plan! By comparison I hope Slot has thought of some ways to get at their frailties. Onana and that pedestrian defence for starters.

Good to be playing them before Ugarte comes in. Really don't know why we weren't trying for his signature.

Whatever happens, the chance to sing Manchester is full of shit always cheers me up.

I wonder if they'll try to rush him into the team instead of Casemiro.

Set pieces should be tasty with Ibu & Virg against Martinez & Maguire (or de Ligt if they bring him in yet)

I hope buying Ugarte ruins Mainoos development, he's been their best player. More likely I guess Casemiro goes to Saudi for squillions.

De Ligt is even slower than Maguire. We need to let them have a couple of cheap corners to get them up our end of the pitch.

Agree about Haag, he has been whinging it from week to week since arriving.

As for Ugarte, PSG realised he was a donkey on the ball a few months into signing him and shipped him off at the first opportunity. Not what Slot wants at six. He's more of a younger Endo.

Relax...

Yes, we drew at Anfield last season (0-0)
We lost in the FA cup.
We also drew at Old Toilet.

But one person was missing in all of those games...

They’re fucking shit.

Cunt devils 0 Mighty Fucking Reds 7

I was about to say… if any fucker starts this “we’ll smash ‘em” shit they need to be “old yellered” out the back of the shed.

Fucking can’t believe we’re doing it again.

Between Dreamie fucking up the order of doing things and Momo just plain pulling his pants down and taking an almighty dump… we’re fucked.. absolutely fucked.. no sacrifice will fix this.

We’re getting beat and we’re sacrificing a key player to the Treatment Table God in the process - Virgil or Ali most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom