• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interview with Mac Allister last week, I think, when he said he was supposed to be playing on the right of the midfield this season; if so, Slob would move to the left

I’m tempted to start Nunez through the middle purely based on his hunger and he was good against them last time away.

If Diaz and Mo are on the wings I would be happy with any of Jota, Gakpo or Nunez starting. Each has different qualities and frankly the unpredictability for Newcastle to know what forward line they will face is in our favour.

I might be wrong, usually am, but this strikes me as a game where we need to be clever rather than direct. So that means Jota and Gakpo rather than Nunez.

Klopp on availability: “Trent, yes. Thiago, from Monday on. Curtis, from Monday on. Ibou is a doubt.”

In an ideal world we'd have 5, where 4 of them aren't injury prone and 1 of them isn't too shite to play

Feel bad for Phillips the poor cunt. We've been threatening to sell him for 5 years now

Tbh he's on more money than he'd get anywhere else. At his age he must know this is the best it's ever going to be. I'd be 5th choice and lap up decent wages as well.

Tbh he's on more money than he'd get anywhere else. At his age he must know this is the best it's ever going to be. I'd be 5th choice and lap up decent wages as well.
What is the club's thinking though? We've had these 10 million type offers for like 3 years running now? Why don't we just sell him?

I swear he's going to run down his contract and leave on a free. Our recruitment team has genuinely become bizarre over the last 3 years

This injury worry should accelerate a new CB. Our 'new' approach w/ Trent roaming can't work with Matip. Not at all.

Phillips will have chosen to stay.

It is fairly unlikely that we seem to allow any player who wants to leave to do so, regardless of contract, and rarely demanding an especially high fee EXCEPT for Nat Phillips.

He probably doesn't want to take a pay cut.

He also wouldn't be moving to a club which gave him more than the slimmest chance to win anything. If such a club did come in for him, maybe things might change.

Hopefully we can trust our new vice captain to display some tactical discipline and avoid suiciding us down that side if Matip is starting. Bayern destroyed us through this one vulnerability in pre season, it won't have gone unnoticed.

Hopefully we can trust our new vice captain to display some tactical discipline and avoid suiciding us down that side if Matip is starting. Bayern destroyed us through this one vulnerability in pre season, it won't have gone unnoticed.
They did but it's worth mentioning that we played with an experimental line up, 3 at the back, no DM. It's different this time.

Also, Klopp said that Konate is a doubt so there's still a chance. The game is 48 hours away.

But if I have to pick between Joego and Matip. I'm choosing the latter.

Fingers crossed Ibou makes the game. A high backline with Matip against that Newcastle team scares the shit out of me after watching them demolish Villa on the counter.

Insane that we dont sign an LCB. Fucking mental.

Fingers crossed Ibou makes the game. A high backline with Matip against that Newcastle team scares the shit out of me after watching them demolish Villa on the counter.

Insane that we dont sign an LCB. Fucking mental.

He's not playing ... it's not worth it - he needs to be available for 60% of the season. If he has a niggle, rest and we'll see him next time.
Hopefully, we can beat those fuckers.

Klopp didnt confirm that there wont be any incomings by the way. Wasnt any questions about transfers from the open press conference. Might some news later tonight from the embargoed stuff.

Yeah, make sure he is 100%. Play Matip or Gomez. Tell TAA he's staying as RB and not going inverted. Let Endo worry about the middle with VVD & the other CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom