• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurgen Klopp: "we will try our absolute best next week to have a squad where we can react on pretty much everything, is that possible, we will see."

Tbh he's on more money than he'd get anywhere else. At his age he must know this is the best it's ever going to be. I'd be 5th choice and lap up decent wages as well.
Yep. I never get it when people go on about letting him go and play in the 1st team elsewhere - if that's what he wanted he'd have gone years ago.
Some people are happy to just be at the club in any capacity than playing for Bolton week in week out.

Konate becoming a serious liability injury wise.
Has to play Gomez to deal with Isak’s pace surely. This fills me with dread.

I recall seeing Konate take a knock in the last match and wonder if that’ll turn into something. It seems the answer was yes then. Such a shame he’s not more robust.

No clue what our scouts are for when Gomez is not replaced after yet another sub par season. You just know Konate is going to break down at some point and Gomez turns up to save the day but end up shitting the bed.

A bit frustrating if Klopp is not pushing behind the scenes for a defender more if funds are available. Every CB knock is a risk to our season. It feels like at times Klopp is protecting a lot of those above him unless he is just not one to voice it in public more often.

Last edited:
Klopp also keeps saying things like "We will see if more players come in" though. There'd be none of that if he flat out didn't think new signings were necessary. I'd lay a sizeable sum that away from the media limelight he is indeed pushing for at least one other defender. Whether anything will come of it remains to be seen.

Regarding signings, remember we have only one remaining over 21 non-homegrown slot left

If we are after one more CM then any CB would need to be English/homegrown

A bit frustrating if Klopp is not pushing behind the scenes for a defender more if funds are available. Every CB knock is a risk to our season. It feels like at times Klopp is protecting a lot of those above him unless he is just not one to voice it in public more often.
Why didn't he push for a defender in June?
Oh yeah, he did...
Tried to get Colwill and Chelsea told us to fuck off.
So, we went for option 2 instead.
Harassed Chelsea for a month and suddenly came to the conclusion that we were good in defence all along since we already had the mighty Nat Philips.

Oh yeah, he did...
Harassed Chelsea for a month and suddenly came to the conclusion that we were good in defence all along since we already had the mighty Nat Philips.

It's exactly.like last year, but sub in tchouameni for colwill. We CLEARLY knew we had issues, but we put our fingers in our ears and hope for the best

Oh yeah, he did...

Did he? Why is it just down to Klopp? What about the so called recruitment team?
Or is it just convenient for us to push for impossible targets and never sign them, but it looks like at least we have tried but failed like Caicedo.

Did he? Why is it just down to Klopp? What about the so called recruitment team?
Or is it just convenient for us to push for impossible targets and never sign them, but it looks like at least we have tried but failed like Caicedo.
I think we're all speculating about what's going on behind the scenes.
It's strange that we managed to panic buy Endo, he must have been on a list somewhere. So, I'm thinking what did the CB list look like:
1. Colwill
2. ?

Last edited:
It's exactly.like last year, but sub in tchouameni for colwill. We CLEARLY knew we had issues, but we put our fingers in our ears and hope for the best

Do we think we were actually serious about Colwill? I don't.

Chelsea didn't have to and didn't want to sell. No chance he was coming here. If we were legitimately interested and saw him as our top choice, our heads need examining.

So Newcastle have no squad issues coming into the game and played this team last week vs Man City:

Pope
Trippier Schaer Botman Burn
Tonali Guimaeres Joelinton
Almiron Isak Gordon

From what Howe said in the presser Hall isn't fit (?) so Burn to stay out on the left for this one (which is good!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom