• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Brentford (H) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
On we go. Will be see the curse of the ex-player in this one?!

Positive - no Toney hopefully.

I think we’ll see the team that started the second half yesterday.

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Gravy
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Jota
Diaz

But it will be Interesting to see if Slot does this or rotates a bit early on to give others a chance.

Brentford, like Ipswich will press, be aggressive and leave gaps. Start like we did second half and it could be perfect for Slotball.

If we give away chances on the counter i wouldn’t expect Mbuemo & Wissa to be as wasteful as Ipswich.

I’d probably go with that team with the words “start as you did the second half last week” ringing in their ears.

I wasn’t impressed with Brentford today. I thought Palace were the better side overall but I was only half watching whilst making a roast. They didn’t travel well last season, losing 12 of their 19 away fixtures.

Sloty’s Sexy Six Goal Smashing inbound. 6-0.

Alisson Trent Konate Virgil Kostas Grav Szobo Mac Salah Jota Diaz

5-0. Diaz x2, Mo, Darwin and Carv OG.

Robbo vs Mbuemo could he spicy, need Virg on the ball to keep that side tight

Unless someone gets injured during the week, it'll definitely be the same team. Obviously Slot will want to build some sort consistency, before the international break.
I too wasn't that impressed with Brentford, but they do have two players upfront who could and have given us headaches in the past. They're not that good defensively, though.
I want to think that we're impenetrable, but I have a feeling we'll concede a goal.
Won't matter though, we'll have already scored about 3-4 by then.

Harsh on the boys not involved at all if he starts the same team but there is merit in it.

You have to feel Brentford will punish us for a similar first half performance though.

2nd half team is definitely the team to start I reckons. There's no point in tinkering for the sake of tinkering at this stage of the season

Atwell in charge of Slots first home game. PGMOL rolling out all the stops for this one.

I no longer know the difference between any of the referees other than Anthony Taylor who well know is a manc.

Brentford were quite lucky against Palace and whilst a visit to their place is always uncomfortable, they're not going to carry the same threat away from home. I think Nunez might get a run out with Jota primed to come on if we need him.

I think the team that started the 2nd half against Ipswich is the team that starts against Brentford.
Only change Quansah to Ibou.

Brentford were quite lucky against Palace and whilst a visit to their place is always uncomfortable, they're not going to carry the same threat away from home. I think Nunez might get a run out with Jota primed to come on if we need him.
Then it backfires, Nunez does nothing and Jota comes on late and salvages a draw.
Afterwards every fan and pundit in the world asks the same question, "why the hell did he change the line up?"

Then it backfires, Nunez does nothing and Jota comes on late and salvages a draw.
Afterwards every fan and pundit in the world asks the same question, "why the hell did he change the line up?"
Aren't you full of positivity? Well we'll see what the big baldy lad decides. If we're keeping Nunez we're going have to use him. Brentford at home is a good a game as any to try.

Atwell in charge of Slots first home game. PGMOL rolling out all the stops for this one.
I kinda think this is one area we'll benefit. Klopp clearly got the backs up of the whole reffing fraternity, and I'm not sure it did us any favours. Lets hope we can trust these guys to get the big decisions right more often this season.

Aren't you full of positivity? Well we'll see what the big baldy lad decides. If we're keeping Nunez we're going have to use him. Brentford at home is a good a game as any to try.
I see no reason for that, unless Jota suddenly gets injured in training or something.
I'm all for testing Nunez, but he can come on as a sub too, doesn't have to start.

I see no reason for that, unless Jota suddenly gets injured in training or something.
I'm all for testing Nunez, but he can come on as a sub too, doesn't have to start.
Maybe that's the way to do it. I want us to be careful with Jota as much as anything. He's made of biscuits and we need him.

Maybe that's the way to do it. I want us to be careful with Jota as much as anything. He's made of biscuits and we need him.
I get that but he should be able to handle one game a week. The CL and league cup will start in mid September.

I’d probably go with that team with the words “start as you did the second half last week” ringing in their ears.

I wasn’t impressed with Brentford today. I thought Palace were the better side overall but I was only half watching whilst making a roast. They didn’t travel well last season, losing 12 of their 19 away fixtures.

Sloty’s Sexy Six Goal Smashing inbound. 6-0.
Palace being the better side was the general feeling it seems.

Jota definitely won't be dropped, he had a good game. However Nunez to get 30 mins plus in the 2nd half.

Changing my line up

Alisson Trent Konate Virgil Kostas Mac Grav Salah Nunez Jota Diaz

& also upgrading my prediction from 5-0 to 8-1.

I don't actually think he's biased. I think he's just sh!t. Same goes for most of them with the possible exception of that guttersnipe Tierney.

In terms of the final result, IMO both teams will score but we'll score more. Brentford 1 Liverpool 2, Trent to get one of our goals. Wonder if Carvalho will get a run out for them.

one thing to Nunez’s favour is that he actually has really good chemistry with Mo.

However i feel Jota with his goal and general play deserves to keep his place. It’s Diaz i expect to possibly be switched with Gakpo.

In the midfield Macca was dog turd in the first half against Ipswich. He deserved to be hooked much more than Quansah, who was a bit of a scapegoat really for a host of players who didn't turn up. I'm sure he'll start the next game, but if he was benched for a game he could have no complaints.

I will keep to the front 3. Diaz played relatively well despite being toothless.
Considering he is back the same time as Nunez he is already up to speed.

Cody has done little to suggest he will do better than Diaz, not sure how match fit he is as well.

Agreed. Gakpo had a good Euros and may have the greater potential, but Diaz did OK last weekend and would be unlucky to lose his place IMO.

In the midfield Macca was dog turd in the first half against Ipswich. He deserved to be hooked much more than Quansah, who was a bit of a scapegoat really for a host of players who didn't turn up. I'm sure he'll start the next game, but if he was benched for a game he could have no complaints.

Yes i thought first half Robbo & Macca were the two most off the pace. They will be the two up against Mbuemo so let’s hope they sharpen up significantly.

Don't think ex player even gets to start.

I'm looking forward to seeing future player, if I'm honest.

I don't actually think he's biased. I think he's just sh!t. Same goes for most of them with the possible exception of that guttersnipe Tierney.

In terms of the final result, IMO both teams will score but we'll score more. Brentford 1 Liverpool 2, Trent to get one of our goals. Wonder if Carvalho will get a run out for them.
He will and as always, will score.

Agree about referees— I don’t think it’s not bias but just incompetence.

The Robbo decline might have been premature:

“I am pain free for the first time in five months” — Andy Robertson reveals he was fighting through pain to play in title run-in and Scotland’s Euros campaign. Believe it was a ligament issue. But he’s back to full fitness now finally #LFC

The Robbo decline might have been premature:

“I am pain free for the first time in five months” — Andy Robertson reveals he was fighting through pain to play in title run-in and Scotland’s Euros campaign. Believe it was a ligament issue. But he’s back to full fitness now finally #LFC
I hope so for his sake, but I'm not sure that he was that great before those 5 months either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom