• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Bologna (H) - Weds 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
This is possibly our easiest CL opponent and we are 1 game away from an international break after this. Therefore, no idea how much we will or should rotate. I’d still like to see a few fringe start.

Alisson

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Gravy
Jones

Salah
Nunez
Gakpo

Yep. It might be one for Chiesa. He didn't get on yesterday and he might have an edge against a side he will know about. No idea what he's picked up but it would need to be a pretty rapid recovery for Nunez to have trained and started. Hopefully he makes it.

This is possibly our easiest CL opponent and we are 1 game away from an international break after this. Therefore, no idea how much we will or should rotate. I’d still like to see a few fringe start.

Alisson

Bradley
Quansah
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Gravy
Jones

Salah
Nunez
Gakpo
I don't think that we should look at the Internationals as a 'break', as some of our players will be playing 2 x 90 mins (or more) games within a few days. So rotation is still in order where possible.

I agree with the team though ! Unless Nunez is still not fit in which case Chiesa or Mo. in the centre.

Bologna are muck. Can’t see past a comfortable win. Only request is that the key starts.

Slot has to start Chiesa in this game. Have Jota on the bench as an impact sub if needed.

Ali

Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Gomez

Gravy
Macca
Jones

Diaz
Nunez (if healthy)
Chiesa

I’ll be surprised if Salah doesn’t start in the CL but fingers crossed he gets a rest along with Jota and Gravy and Ibou.

Good news about Nunez. I'm sure everyone would agree that if there's any ever doubt about Jota it's best not to take the risk. I'd probably be starting Nunez for this regardless.

Yeah Jota is just a doubt now, good news about the scan. Nunez was just ill at the weekend but is well again, and Chiesa hasn't trained today so probably won't make it either.

I said this about Thiago last season, I think same applies to Jota this season. Make a decision around how we manage his minutes. For me it should be either a) PL only or b) home games only (any cup). Find a system that means we just completely discount him from certain games in order to keep him fit all season.

I'd opt for PL only.

I said this about Thiago last season, I think same applies to Jota this season. Make a decision around how we manage his minutes. For me it should be either a) PL only or b) home games only (any cup). Find a system that means we just completely discount him from certain games in order to keep him fit all season.

I'd opt for PL only.
I feel like he would suit certain champions league games though

I'd opt for PL only.

Agreed. The thing is that he gets most injuries during games it seems. Most likely because of his playing style.

Chiesa will miss the game with a minor knock but might be back for the weekend.

I'd opt for PL only.
Nah you can't do it that way, exclude him from a certain competition. It makes no sense. PL only? Oh we're playing Southampton this weekend so we must exclude him from our CL semi final vs Real Madrid ! You can just rest him more when the opportunity arises, simples - if the manager sticks to the plan.

Quell surprise, Jota has a knock 6 games in, Chiesa already giving sick note vibes.
Elliott broken foot.

We need to get very lucky with injuries or it’ll all unravel like the tail end of last season.

Konate next to pull up with something 🙁

Any thought of him replacing him Salah as a temp or long term solution was rather hopeful, no chance.
Another Wed CL game? One thing about new CL format is it feels so random.

Quell surprise, Jota has a knock 6 games in, Chiesa already giving sick note vibes.
Elliott broken foot.

We need to get very lucky with injuries or it’ll all unravel like the tail end of last season.

Konate next to pull up with something 🙁

How can you give sick note vibes from getting a knock in training? When you havent played since June getting a few minor setbacks is normal.

Jota got a knock against Wolves but is expected to be fit tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom