• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match - Arsenal - Sunday 4.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't watch the game ... and i'm expecting to see we lost by a few goals ...
until we defend better, with protection from the midfield, i just don't see how we can win games against serious opposition.
sorry to all arsenal haters, they are finishing top 4 this season (and happy to eat humble pie and watch arsenal fan tv if they odn't!)

until we defend better, with protection from the midfield, i just don't see how we can win games against serious opposition.
sorry to all arsenal haters, they are finishing top 4 this season (and happy to eat humble pie and watch arsenal fan tv if they odn't!)

Booooooh!

I’m well up for this one. We’re generally Arsenal’s nightmare and the antithesis of the Spurs set up that served them so well last week.

Presuming we’re getting our shit together on the press again, we’re unlike any side Arsenal have faced yet this season and have the capacity to expose flaws that have been masked in games they’ve been allowed to dominate so far this season.

I want to see the same set up as against Rangers with the Jota / Firmino / Carvalho in the middle of the three prepared to drop a little deeper if needed. I want to see Nunez given the nod - their CBs all have a mistake in them if put under pressure and he’ll get his goal.

1-3

I mean....who would want to see Chelsea or Utd finish 4th in place of them? I know I certainly fucking wouldn't.

I'm surprised no one's complained about the Crab, Melo. I want to give him a chance, but I suspect he won't see too many minutes, lucky if we get 90 minutes out of him till Jan.

i wonder if it will be the lucky third kit…I do like the third kit !

For Liverpool in modern times, each year brings the release of three new kits.
The home strip is released early in the summer, ready for mass purchases across the globe – spoiler, it’s red. The away usually follows soon after, but this year the third kit stole the show.

Inspired by Merseyside’s prolific music scene, the lightweight shirt uses a mix of dark and light teals to create a wavy pattern effect. A ‘siren red’ logo then takes pride of place on the chest.
The home of many BOSS Nights, the Eventim Olympia theatre played host to the shoot and was decked in authentic Liverpool banners from across the decades.

The centrepiece flag was created especially for the launch by supporter Mark Sweatman. Emblazoned upon his work of art, below a large map of Europe, are the words ‘We’ll follow for a lifetime and a day’.
Directly taken from the song ‘Codependence’, released in 2018 by The Cheap Thrills, the line perfectly sums up the Reds’ commitment to travel across the continent.
Authenticity was the ethos behind the advert and so, fittingly, the song’s writers took centre-stage alongside their footballing heroes.
The emerging Liverpool band comprises four Liverpool supporters; Lewis Pike, Anton Eager, Terry Eaves and Callum Fitzpatrick.
Their music usually consists of lively, upbeat lyrics with loud guitars and drums, however, the third kit advert features a stripped-down, acoustic version of ‘Codependence’.
(more in link)

Last edited:
i wonder if it will be the lucky third kit…I do like the third kit !

For Liverpool in modern times, each year brings the release of three new kits.
The home strip is released early in the summer, ready for mass purchases across the globe – spoiler, it’s red. The away usually follows soon after, but this year the third kit stole the show.

Inspired by Merseyside’s prolific music scene, the lightweight shirt uses a mix of dark and light teals to create a wavy pattern effect. A ‘siren red’ logo then takes pride of place on the chest.
The home of many BOSS Nights, the Eventim Olympia theatre played host to the shoot and was decked in authentic Liverpool banners from across the decades.

The centrepiece flag was created especially for the launch by supporter Mark Sweatman. Emblazoned upon his work of art, below a large map of Europe, are the words ‘We’ll follow for a lifetime and a day’.
Directly taken from the song ‘Codependence’, released in 2018 by The Cheap Thrills, the line perfectly sums up the Reds’ commitment to travel across the continent.
Authenticity was the ethos behind the advert and so, fittingly, the song’s writers took centre-stage alongside their footballing heroes.
The emerging Liverpool band comprises four Liverpool supporters; Lewis Pike, Anton Eager, Terry Eaves and Callum Fitzpatrick.
Their music usually consists of lively, upbeat lyrics with loud guitars and drums, however, the third kit advert features a stripped-down, acoustic version of ‘Codependence’.
(more in link)

Did we just sign Sherwood?

Da fuq?
2dd44cb3d6cad9f3406145f22f323bc4.jpg

--------------------Ali
Trent -- Konate -- Virgil -- Kostas
--------Fabinho -- Thiago
-Salah--------Firmino ----- Diaz
------------------ Jota

The last couple of times we’ve played artetas Arsenal to me it’s felt like we won because of superior mentality and experience, he just hadn’t got his squad where they needed to be. Seems like they might be there now which is cause for concern.

Heavy metal sounds great but I’m almost hoping pragmatism is flowing through the coaching staff and we’re going to have everyone take a few steps backwards, not concede and go from there.

Yes you could always count on them to buckle under a high intensity press after 45 mins or so and just collapse mentally. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time we were able to effectively press anybody for that period of time.

They have some good passing midfielders in Odegard and Viera, combined with some quick skillful wide players in Martinelli and Saka. If we start the way we have mist games this season pressing half heartedly through the middle and leaving way to much space behind the defence then we are getting opened up like the Napoli game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom