• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match - Arsenal - Sunday 4.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
Right then. Not about to lose my entire 1-match thread streak to some knobs who think they invented the phrase 'team goal'.

Nah. Salah to get one where we win it from their corner and counter attack so hard Xhaka gets sent off in frustration.

Same formation again? It leaves us open in one way, but we were hardly tight with 3 in midfield. Let's just score more.

Ali
Trent Matip Virg Tsimikas
Hendo Thiago
Salah Jota Diaz
Nuñez

Prob we can win 3-1

Part of me agrees, but Klopp will revert to 433 and play Firmino.

He knew Rangers were fucking muck, but this Arsenal team are on fire.

Sent from my 2201116PG using Tapatalk

we are poor and they are good now
we usually have their number though.

Firmino in for Jota in that 4231 formation

We’ll get destroyed with a 442. Part of me thinks we need to move to five at the back at some stage rather than move towards even less cover in midfield.

For this game though I’m thinking it’ll be a very standard

Ali

Trent
Joel
Virgil
Tsmi

Fabs
Hendo
Thiago

Salah
Firmino
Diaz

We’ll get destroyed with a 442. Part of me thinks we need to move to five at the back at some stage rather than move towards even less cover in midfield.

For this game though I’m thinking it’ll be a very standard

Ali

Trent
Joel
Virgil
Tsmi

Fabs
Hendo
Thiago

Salah
Firmino
Diaz
That's it. It wouldn't be my team as Bobby was utter shite when he came on vs Rangers but after his performance vs Brighton (so similar) he'll start for sure.

Whatever we play, they’re waaaaay better than us at the moment. I’d be glad with a draw. Like reeeeeeeally glad.

I just think we need to front foot them and go for 5-0 heavy metal and it might work. Sit back and we will prob not win

Reactions: jan
The last couple of times we’ve played artetas Arsenal to me it’s felt like we won because of superior mentality and experience, he just hadn’t got his squad where they needed to be. Seems like they might be there now which is cause for concern.

Heavy metal sounds great but I’m almost hoping pragmatism is flowing through the coaching staff and we’re going to have everyone take a few steps backwards, not concede and go from there.

we are poor and they are good now
we usually have their number though.

Firmino in for Jota in that 4231 formation
Agreed. I'll be disappointed if we revert back to the tried and tested. It's not ideal to be trialling a new system mid-season, but it doesn't feel like any more of a risk than sticking with the old one, so we may as well embrace it and view this campaign as a transitional one.

I think Firmino could find a new lease of life in the new formation. His link up play is better than anyone else we have and his tendency to drop deep and leave us light in the box is mitigated by Darwin/Jota being ahead of him. It also plays better to Harvey's and Carvalho's strengths as either could come in for Firmino in that position and offer something different. Obviously, everyone needs to find their feet in this system, but it far better suits the new crop of players.

But we will concede if we step backwards unless we can look after the ball better. It’s just what we do. Watch the first few minutes against Brighton when Henderson has the option of going forwards but passes a horrendous ball to Matip setting the tone for a poor first half in which conceded 2 in double time.

4-1-4-1 :

Trent - Matip - Virgil - Tsimi
Thiago
Mo - Jota - Bobby - Diaz
Nunez

With Trent and Tsimi playing up either side of nunez when we are in possession to make it 2-1-4-3

I should be a manager

Why don't we buy every single midfield you have never heard of in January?

Wouldn't mind seeing the trusted christmas tree 4321 formation but in reverse order.

Alisson
Virgil
Matip Ibou
Hendo Fab Thiago
Salah Nunez Jota Diaz

rawImage.jpg

Funnily enough, apparently fir and spruce tree were mostly hung upside down in the medieval times. Maybe he's on to something!

Feel we've had Arsenals number for nearly a decade now. First time in ages were I feel we are the underdogs.
Its a game we cant lose and we really have to step up on Sunday. Not looking forward to it.

They just had an easy warm up win at home, with many main players rested so they will be up for it.

They just had an easy warm up win at home, with many main players rested so they will be up for it.
1/2 the first team started and then 5 others came on, most around 58-60 mins. I hardly think our run out vs Rangers was particular taxing and we have had an extra day's rest. This won't be won/lost on any players' level of fatigue.

I can see 2-2 because for sure both teams are scoring. I'd absolutely love us to nick a 2-3 win with a Nunez goal in the 90th min!

If we play TAA he will find himself up against the two Gabriel (Martinelli & Jesus) all match long and I know where my money would be. Play Gomez at RB and we may get something out the game

If we play TAA he will find himself up against the two Gabriel (Martinelli & Jesus) all match long and I know where my money would be. Play Gomez at RB and we may get something out the game
I rarely agree with anything you say but with this I agree. We need a strong defender at RB because Martinelli is going to use his pace and dribbling skills to roast whoever's playing there. He's a very exciting player. Even Gomez won't keep him out all match but we must hope Matip can cover when he gets past Gomez.

If he does, it means one of our midfield is sleeping on the job. What makes you think Gomez won’t be facing those two as well with similar disastrous results?

If he does, it means one of our midfield is sleeping on the job. What makes you think Gomez won’t be facing those two as well with similar disastrous results?
Gomez does not offer the same as TAA going forward but in defence, at RB he offers a lot more than TAA... When opponents are attacking you don't see Gomez ambling back.
And yes Martinelli & Jesus may well get the better of Gomez from time to time, but I feel in no way as often as they will with TAA, which means they will get less chance to score via that route with Gomez than TAA. It also leaves Matip to cover the area he should be covering VVD,and Tsimikas too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom