• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolves (H) 10 September 2022 15:00 pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Nobody knows what’s going on and someone needs to take responsibility. Not the team but the pre match thread.

Klopp stated he needs a change of approach and he’s not going to do that part way through the season. He needs to say he hates all the players apart from Diaz, Elliott, Matip, Thiago and Becker. A big change in attitude is needed. There’s not much to play with but some people need putting in their place.

Alisson

Gomez (at least he’ll run!)
Matip
VVD
Tsimikas

Fabinho
Elliott
Thiago

Salah (see if we get a reaction from being subbed)
Jota
Diaz

Wolves are an organised team who can aggressively hit us on the break. So I wouldn’t want Trent deciding to play statues at all. Gomez won’t get forward as much and could slip inside should Matip go all mad Joel.

Diaz should play 60 minutes at most. He’s fucked. Arthur on for Thiago after 60 too.

Nunez to be a battering ram if (and when) we get desperate.

Alisson

Gomez
Matip
VVD
Tsimikas

Fabinho
Arthur
Thiago

Salah
Jota
Diaz

I want Gomez at RB for the time being. Trent is badly off-form.

Arthur instead of Elliot just because I want three players who can pass the ball and try to control the middle.

JOta central as he's brilliant there.

If we're struglging - i'd want to shift to 4-3-1-2 with 1 being Elliot as I think he'd be better behind two central attackers.

I’d be happy with either of those line ups. Not sure if he will drop Trent though.
Nunez is going to take time it would appear.

------------‐‐-----Allison-----------------
Gomez--Matip--VVD--Tsimikas
-------‐----------Fabinho----------------
----------Bajcetic----Thiago--------
-----Diaz-------Salah-----Jota----

Agree with dropping Trent. A couple of the big names need benching to make a statement. To me that is Trent and Mo,

---------------Alisson------------
Gomez--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------------Fabs--------------
---------Arthur------Thiago-----
Jota---------Nunez---------Diaz

We'd be arguably bringing too many players back early but we need to change something and we need to do it urgently.

Agree with dropping Trent. A couple of the big names need benching to make a statement. To me that is Trent and Mo,

---------------Alisson------------
Gomez--Matip--VVD--Robbo
-----------------Fabs--------------
---------Arthur------Thiago-----
Jota---------Nunez---------Diaz

We'd be arguably bringing too many players back early but we need to change something and we need to do it urgently.
Definitely like this team but just worried that Jota won't stay wide enough. tsimikas for Gomez is a very valid option and at least he'll stay wide even if it is on his wrong foot.

Dont think its the time for experimenting with either young players or newly signed.

Back to basics with some tactical adjustments.

4-2-2-2 with Mo and Jota upfront.

I think it's precisely the time to experiment with young players, who are probably hungry at the chance to impress.

Yeah, that will work great. Starting with Mabaya/Ramsey or other young players without any experience in a team that is struggeling and trying to find its identity again. Its a recipe for disaster and it wont happen either.

Carvalho and Elliott is one thing. At a stretch some minutes to Bajcetic. But other than that its a no go.

Yeah, that will work great. Starting with Mabaya/Ramsey or other young players without any experience in a team that is struggeling and trying to find its identity again. Its a recipe for disaster and it wont happen either.

Carvalho and Elliott is one thing. At a stretch some minutes to Bajcetic. But other than that its a no go.

But you're pinning hopes on a change of formation to kick-start everyone. It's unrealistic. We need players to change the motivation on the pitch, and Trent casually fucking jogging about, as well as Salah struggling to trap a ball isn't going to help either

Also, Ramsay has played first team football on Scotland, so it's not some nipper who's never seen first team football

I suggested bringing in youth at right back, and that's it. And that's because Trent's been so abysmally poor

I'd much rather a kid give a 5/10 performance than Trent giving another 3/10

But you're pinning hopes on a change of formation to kick-start everyone. It's unrealistic. We need players to change the motivation on the pitch, and Trent casually fucking jogging about, as well as Salah struggling to trap a ball isn't going to help either

Also, Ramsay has played first team football on Scotland, so it's not some nipper who's never seen first team football

I suggested bringing in youth at right back, and that's it. And that's because Trent's been so abysmally poor

No I'm pinning it on a tactical change and the introduction of Matip, Thiago and Jota.
The Trent/Gomez/anyoneelsewitharightleg debate is something Klopp can settle for the good of the team.

My guess is that Trent starts.

At what point do other players start to look at Trent walking around like hes one of the Harlem Globetrotters and think 'fuck this, why should I run myself into the ground so he can give away 2 goals a week and never get dropped' cos if I'm honest it feels like Robbo has reached that point. His recent comments about players not putting a shift in and backing up the team mates seem directed at Trent

At what point do other players start to look at Trent walking around like hes one of the Harlem Globetrotters and think 'fuck this, why should I run myself into the ground so he can give away 2 goals a week and never get dropped' cos if I'm honest it feels like Robbo has reached that point. His recent comments about players not putting a shift in and backing up the team mates seem directed at Trent

That's not good for the dressing room ... even if it's true and necessary.

Be interesting to see what goes on with Trent and England. He’s miles behind Walker and James at the minute, probably even Trippier.

A spell out of the squad so close to the World Cup and a word or two from Southgate might help the motivation.

I know it seems dire, but in Klopp's time, we've always responded well to being thrashed.

2017, losing 5-0 to City and 4-1 at Spurs, we went on to make the CL final.

2020, thumped 7-2 by Villa in October, we went top by Christmas (yes, I remember the shitshow after January).

Here's hoping we turn things around.

Given the midfield crisis, I wonder whether we'd ever consider 3 at the back.

-----------------Ali---------------
---Gomez--Matip--VVD-------
Trent--------Fabs--------Robbo
--------Elliot-------Thiago--------
----------Salah-----Diaz---------- Jota and Nunez fit nicely into this formation too.

Be interesting to see what goes on with Trent and England. He’s miles behind Walker and James at the minute, probably even Trippier.

A spell out of the squad so close to the World Cup and a word or two from Southgate might help the motivation.

I was thinking this earlier today, there's no way he's getting in that squad. He struggled to get in there when he was playing well.

I was thinking this earlier today, there's no way he's getting in that squad. He struggled to get in there when he was playing well.

To be honest given how much football Trent has played so far in his young career. Not going to a WC mid season in Qatar would be extremely good for him, and us.

It's why I suggested a change of formation. But other than Elliott, keep experience at least to start the game.

Throwing too many debuts at once, will definitely have an opposite effect imo.

To be honest given how much football Trent has played so far in his young career. Not going to a WC mid season in Qatar would be extremely good for him, and us.

Of course, and maybe it will give us time with him to have a rethink. But like I've said, in the game against United he was targeted in the same way, using the same player who destroyed him 4-5 years ago. If he hasn't changed in that time he never will, and if Klopp hasn't tried to rectify it in that time, that's on him too. He's a fucking awful defender, always has been, always will be. It's our fault we've not developed him into a role where he's able to thrive without having horrible limitations exposed. That's fucking criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom