• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Brighton (A) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a shockingly bad take on Mac Allister and very far from what we've seen so far. Dreadful. Jeezzess.

Nothing like going on this forum after we've had a good start to the season and shown progress, and then read comments like these.
Fucking hell.

We've had 5 away fixtures (tough ones) and 4 red cards. Still 3 points off the top and 1 point behind City. Its been a fucking great start and the fixtures turn for the better now, and our new midfield will only get better when more games have been played.

Such a glass half empty crowd and some are such doom and gloom.

Nothing like going on this forum after we've had a good start to the season and shown progress, and then read comments like these.
Fucking hell.

We've had 5 away fixtures (tough ones) and 4 red cards. Still 3 points off the top and 1 point behind City. Its been a fucking great start and the fixtures turn for the better now, and our new midfield will only get better when more games have been played.

No - there is no doom and gloom, most people are very pleased of that I am sure. I think people were more frustrated at yesterday's final result, with better decision making and finishing we could have won that, was easy to see, and some stupid defensive mistakes led to both goals. Also, the game has highlighted how Klopp has almost zero trust in Endo, it's clear to me that Mac is no good in that deeper role -especially when he is pressed hard and has few options, he just is not suited to that position and with each game other teams will know that and target him as much as they have targeted Trent's side in the last season or so. This not using Endo for the role he bought him for - is all on Klopp.

Fucking hell.

In your own way, you're one of the most tiresome posters on here.

Year after year of getting butthurt over things you deem to be slightly too negative.

Do you want an entire essay of caveats?

Yes, I think Macallister is a good player.

Yes, I am very happy with our points haul and in fact, so far the way this season has gone has exceeded my expectations.

And so forth and so forth and so forth.

Go fuck yourself, honestly. Can't stand you sometimes.

In your own way, you're one of the most tiresome posters on here.

Year after year of getting butthurt over things you deem to be slightly too negative.

Do you want an entire essay of caveats?

Yes, I think Macallister is a good player.

Yes, I am very happy with our points haul and in fact, so far the way this season has gone has exceeded my expectations.

And so forth and so forth and so forth.

Go fuck yourself, honestly. Can't stand you sometimes.

Bit harsh mate, we are only a small community on here, @Hansern - I am sure he loves you mate, and always remember - it's really hard to fuck oneself - if men could do that over marriage or having a woman in their lives - I am sure they would chose that option.

You can see why Klopp wants to play Mac A in the “6” position - it’s all about being able to break through the opposition press or if the opposition plays a low block, it’s another player with attacking ability.

He got targeted very effectively by Brighton - although it’s not his all his fault - if 3 opposition players are around him ready to pounce - then you’re asking for trouble pinging the ball into him - someone else has to show or find some space - there should, in theory be one or two other players free if they’re focusing on Mac A.

That’s why Trent stepping up in to midfield is so important - that creates the double pivot - so I’d chalk this one off as a bad day at the office - it when Mac A does break through the lines he looks dangerous.

Generally been disappointed with Mac, not overly but expected more nonetheless, I don’t put the blame entirely on him…never thought him as a six and still don’t. For me just doesn’t have the skillset to play there and I’d probably say the same about Szobo. All his moments of quality have come when he’s been closer to the oppositions box.

To play as the deep(est) midfielder you always have to be aware of what’s around you, he has a lackadaisical demeanour about him which you can’t afford to have at this level and certainly not in a position as important as a DM….yesterday was a great example.

His performance first half v Wolves (again no idea why Klopp started him) was possibly the worst half of football from any Liverpool player this season.

Generally been disappointed with Mac, not overly but expected more nonetheless, I don’t put the blame entirely on him…never thought him as a six and still don’t. For me just doesn’t have the skillset to play there and I’d probably say the same about Szobo. All his moments of quality have come when he’s been closer to the oppositions box.

To play as the deep(est) midfielder you always have to be aware of what’s around you, he has a lackadaisical demeanour about him which you can’t afford to have at this level and certainly not in a position as important as a DM….yesterday was a great example.

His performance first half v Wolves (again no idea why Klopp started him) was possibly the worst half of football from any Liverpool player this season.
Then you simply haven't been watching him astutely enough to notice.

Then you simply haven't been watching him astutely enough to notice.

Been watching who enough? Mac’s qualities come when playing advanced, this is pretty clear to see Froggy. He’s exposed deeper, very slow, gives away numerous fouls because positionally he’s not suited to playing the role. Szobo isn’t playing as the #6, he’s playing box to box (which is what Mac should be doing).

If you’re comfortable with Mac staying where he is then you’re comfortable with us conceding almost every game because this will only continue.

It's just that he isn't playing for the best coached side in the league any more

TBH, Mac playing poorly is a damning indictment on klopp moreso than Mac. We needed a 6 desperately, and we got one who klopp doesn't deem fit to play in the PL so far.

It's nothing more than hubris and stubbornness that keeps Mac as the 6.

TBH, Mac playing poorly is a damning indictment on klopp moreso than Mac. We needed a 6 desperately, and we got one who klopp doesn't deem fit to play in the PL so far.

It's nothing more than hubris and stubbornness that keeps Mac as the 6.

Are you accusing Herr Klopp of putting square pegs in round holes? Repeatedly?

He'd never do such a thing... never....

Are you accusing Herr Klopp of putting square pegs in round holes? Repeatedly?

He'd never do such a thing... never....
TBH it's on par with the ben davies fiasco. Marginally better only because endo has kicked a football for us competitively

No - there is no doom and gloom, most people are very pleased of that I am sure. I think people were more frustrated at yesterday's final result, with better decision making and finishing we could have won that, was easy to see, and some stupid defensive mistakes led to both goals. Also, the game has highlighted how Klopp has almost zero trust in Endo, it's clear to me that Mac is no good in that deeper role -especially when he is pressed hard and has few options, he just is not suited to that position and with each game other teams will know that and target him as much as they have targeted Trent's side in the last season or so. This not using Endo for the role he bought him for - is all on Klopp.
Agree with this but endo hasn't done any better in the role despite the fact that he last played there against so called lesser opposition.. I think if he was showing something in training then I'd think that Klopp would consider him

Been watching who enough? Mac’s qualities come when playing advanced, this is pretty clear to see Froggy. He’s exposed deeper, very slow, gives away numerous fouls because positionally he’s not suited to playing the role. Szobo isn’t playing as the #6, he’s playing box to box (which is what Mac should be doing).

If you’re comfortable with Mac staying where he is then you’re comfortable with us conceding almost every game because this will only continue.
Read the bolded sentence of your post! Szobo.

Read the bolded sentence of your post! Szobo.

I think you may have read that differently to how I meant it to come across. "All his moments of quality have come when he’s been closer to the oppositions box" This was about Mac.

"For me just doesn’t have the skillset to play there and I’d probably say the same about Szobo", IF Szobo played the 6, which he hasn't.

Mac isn’t a solo DM. We shouldn’t be playing him there, especially when one of the other two midfielders is an attacker.

I think McAllister is a good player and a great player in a great system.

We are treating him like he's some force though, some guaranteed starter in a great Liverpool team that is worth having on the pitch in whatever position we can put him in. He isn't that. He has some of the same pointlessness as Thiago in that position. Like, yeah, it works if we have the ball, in the same way as you could pull a DM in that situation, but what if we don't have it enough?

Our midfield is fragile in the sense that we need to find a configuration that gives it the best overall value.

i believe a safe DM would make Szobo & Mac more important for us.

Playing with Szobo and Jones works ok as they are all good midfielders.

When we have more than one square peg in a midfield of round holes it falls apart.

Agree with this but endo hasn't done any better in the role despite the fact that he last played there against so called lesser opposition.. I think if he was showing something in training then I'd think that Klopp would consider him

Klopp should have made it a priority to get a DM this summer, not splashing money we don't have on a guy he is not going to use for a role we surely need (a competent 6). There were other players on the market he could have taken a punt on - and he didn't - he is a complete idiot for not doing that.

Klopp should have made it a priority to get a DM this summer, not splashing money we don't have on a guy he is not going to use for a role we surely need (a competent 6). There were other players on the market he could have taken a punt on - and he didn't - he is a complete idiot for not doing that.
Endo is playing the Europa league games so our top players are being rested on Thursday nights. :)

Endo is playing the Europa league games so our top players are being rested on Thursday nights. :)

You can probably add that Mac A playing DM means Curtis isn’t picking splinters out his arse since it’s Moron.

I think McAllister is a good player and a great player in a great system.

We are treating him like he's some force though, some guaranteed starter in a great Liverpool team that is worth having on the pitch in whatever position we can put him in. He isn't that. He has some of the same pointlessness as Thiago in that position. Like, yeah, it works if we have the ball, in the same way as you could pull a DM in that situation, but what if we don't have it enough?

So how do you set up the midfield with our current squad?

You can probably add that Mac A playing DM means Curtis isn’t picking splinters out his arse since it’s Moron.

Yeah - but the thing you don't get is that I think if we got a DM - Klopp would actually play Curtis - (World Class) DM - Szboz

and he would rotate both Curtis and Szboz with Mac and Grav - but Curtis is definite starter - I know your eyes probably lie as you do not see the world class player that Curtis is - the finest press-resistant player in Europe (possibly the world) - but I can't help you in that department. Also - despite all our fans finding new ways to go up the back-side of our new signings - I think they should take a step back and count the number of times these guys keep losing the ball.

Yeah - but the thing you don't get is that I think if we got a DM - Klopp would actually play Curtis - (World Class) DM - Szboz

and he would rotate both Curtis and Szboz with Mac and Grav - but Curtis is definite starter - I know your eyes probably lie as you do not see the world class player that Curtis is - the finest press-resistant player in Europe (possibly the world) - but I can't help you in that department. Also - despite all our fans finding new ways to go up the back-side of our new signings - I think they should take a step back and count the number of times these guys keep losing the ball.

I love that you love Curtis so much.

I like him - but he’s not our best midfielder and he wouldn’t be a starter ahead of Mac A.

If he’s so press resistant - maybe he should play in the DM position.

I love that you love Curtis so much.

I like him - but he’s not our best midfielder and he wouldn’t be a starter ahead of Mac A.

If he’s so press resistant - maybe he should play in the DM position.
On current form Curtis is definitely our second best midfielder behind Szoba.

We needed a good DM more than anything but Szoba makes the error palatable when we have Curtis on the pitch as they are both effective from box to box making the job almost easy enough for MacA. Gravenberch is also quite good from box to box but Fabinho is missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom