• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Saints (a) - Tuesday 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got bombarded by a "are your reserves not also mentality monsters" message in a whatsapp group so that win felt fantastic. Such a pain that Villa have a game on Thursday but let's see how that line up goes. Only thing we need to be fully focused on is beating Wolves.

How good is Konate? He did a great impression of VVD last night the way he read the game, was there attacking the ball a step ahead of his man everytime and then pinging the ball around effortlessly.

He's another quality find. Remember when Ross said he would never be able to play and be available consistently because of that injury and subsequent surgery?

How good is Konate? He did a great impression of VVD last night the way he read the game, was there attacking the ball a step ahead of his man everytime and then pinging the ball around effortlessly.

He's another quality find. Remember when Ross said he would never be able to play and be available consistently because of that injury and subsequent surgery?

He was epic, and is going to be brilliant for us. Absolute beast. Quick, powerful, strong in the air and he's showing game intelligence more and more. He's also a threat attackingly which is always a bonus with the amount of set pieces we get. His emergence will see the longevity of Matip extend (IMO) as he can rotate in well and doesn't look rusty.

Konate is also just a sound, top lad. Slotting into the squad to the same ethos and winning personalities. Our requirement is just so fantastically good these days.

He was so good.
love the guy !

Well I just came across this great dialogue...( I really don't miss it)

QF2myWb.jpg

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/joel-matip.78208/page-8

Well I just came across this great dialogue...( I really don't miss it)

QF2myWb.jpg

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/joel-matip.78208/page-8

As much as I'm enjoying Matip's current run in the first team, I think we can all agree his body can't hold up to constant Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday games. He needs a week to recover in the main which is a limitation.

Konate has been an absolute revelation. Last night he was so cool and composed when all around him were getting antsy. I said in another thread, I expect next season to see a 60-40 or 70-30 split in Konate's favour over Matip.

As much as I'm enjoying Matip's current run in the first team, I think we can all agree his body can't hold up to constant Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday games. He needs a week to recover in the main which is a limitation.

Konate has been an absolute revelation. Last night he was so cool and composed when all around him were getting antsy. I said in another thread, I expect next season to see a 60-40 or 70-30 split in Konate's favour over Matip.

I think the player we missed the most against Spurs was New-Matip. We couldn't get through their midfield with traditional methods, and lately when that's happened matip has wandered through on a stupid run, freaked everybody out, opened things up.

He has been injury prone but this is his first season where that hasn't happened. Think he's hit a new level and wouldn't be dropping him just yet. Another full season please.

I think the player we missed the most against Spurs was New-Matip. We couldn't get through their midfield with traditional methods, and lately when that's happened matip has wandered through on a stupid run, freaked everybody out, opened things up.

He has been injury prone but this is his first season where that hasn't happened. Think he's hit a new level and wouldn't be dropping him just yet. Another full season please.
And he came on and covered for VVD in the FA cup final like it was nothing

The forum is much stronger without tory apologists like Brendan on here. Like a herd of buffalo we have slowly cut out the weak (Brendan, Dantes, Ross) and are marching on stronger together.

Are the old threads archived somewhere?
There was some belters in there from exiled few, recalling some of them:
What difference does a manager make?
Black keepers aren’t very good
Van Dijk injury record should be a reason why we shouldn’t sign him.
We can excuse Dantes from a lot of those, he wasn’t into football though so never started them.

I was a bit concerned when I saw the teamsheet and thought it was going to be one of those nights when the first goal went in but ended up being a great team performance.

It's always great when you get unexpected big performances from the squaddies.

Firmino rolled back the years, Elliot came back to show his quality after being dead for however long, Jones did well (*) etc.

(*) main thought whilst watching Jones last night was that he has a clear case of Shelveyitis. Talent wise he's a top player but there is something that's preventing him from getting there. Game intelligence, concentration, not sure but hope he can figure it out before time runs out.

Jones is a weird one. I thought he was much better in the 2nd half but you just feel there is so much potential and ability there team wise that he/we cant unlock.

He has the same love for the ball as Grealish. Always a touch or two to many. It slows down the attacking play and makes him unsync with the rest.

Jones is a weird one. I thought he was much better in the 2nd half but you just feel there is so much potential and ability there team wise that he/we cant unlock.

He has the same love for the ball as Grealish. Always a touch or two to many. It slows down the attacking play and makes him unsync with the rest.
I think it's one of those he needs minutes to get quicker. So it's a catch 22. So many moves broke down because he held the ball that fraction too long.

If Jones learned from elliott when to release the ball, we'd have 2 exceptional talents.

I don't mind jones holding on to the ball too long, it's what benayoun used to do and he turned out alright

I
(*) main thought whilst watching Jones last night was that he has a clear case of Shelveyitis. Talent wise he's a top player but there is something that's preventing him from getting there. Game intelligence, concentration, not sure but hope he can figure it out before time runs out.

Agree with this. How many fans have noticed that he holds the ball too long? It's hardly Pep level science. He must have been told a million times by his coaches now. He doesn't change because he either can't or won't.

Some day he will find his Newcastle or Everton, a mid level team that is willing to indulge his inefficiency in exchange for moments of brilliance, and become their captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom