• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolves (H) 10 September 2022 15:00 pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like the Queen may have saved us. Also, have to say this could be our moment equivalent to man city during pandemic season where they were utter shit in first few games, and decided not to play their fixtures under the covid excuse issues, and guess what ? After a week behind closed doors no doubt getting their game plan on track they come our and go onto win the league.

if we turn this around, we will have to all do a 'cheers' to the queen for giving the team this break.

I remember being massively pissed off when our match was called off the weekend Di got topped. It will almost definitely happen for her ma in law
Yep, ive only been to probably 12 games in my life and i had just set off for Anfield when i heard it was off. What's the bloody point in that?

Newcastle it was. Fortunately i could still make the replay which i think we won 1-0 with a good Michael owen goal.

There's alot to be concerned about, I am just in terms of whats at the top, it isn't Nunez. We all knew he wasn't Haalands class, but he is a Haaland type forward.

If Thaigo had played from the start, do you think we would have lost 4-1?

I think Gomez has to shoulder must of the blame for that shambles Wednesday last. I think the score line would have been different had started with Matip.

Last edited:
I never get quite get the tourism angle? Tourists don't get to meet the Queen or go to Buckingham Palace. I don't really understand how she or the royal family are a draw? I've been to London numerous times, but the reasons generally being sporting occasions, concerts/plays, visiting friends or just going to "see the sites". London is a 'world city'. That's far bigger a draw than the fucking Queen
I thought that they introduced tours around Buckingham Palace some years ago.

Without getting into the whole royal debate stuff, I think the whole idea of postponing games this weekend is absurd.

What would be the problem with playing the matches and making prior space for tributes / silences etc? It’s football, for fucks sake.

I see they’re alternatively viewing the great north run (still going ahead) as an opportunity for people ‘to come together on their grief’. The FA is run by a bunch of out of touch idiots.

It’s just going to piss people off

Charles as new king isn’t going to be terribly popular anyway even from the monarchists. Add in a coronation during a winter fuel crisis and hyper inflation and all this shit about killing off sports.

im personally aggrieved that there’s ANOTHER BH which means another day without pay

It’s enforced grieving. If you’re too sad to go or watch then don’t. Just don’t be forcing it on me.

yea i don’t hate the queen or anything but it’s all stiff upper lip until one of the royal family dies then everyone is expected to mope for 12 days

she was a very old woman who had a great life and a peaceful death, the ceremony surrounding it seems outdated and excessive

It's one weekend.....maybe 2 Momo.

You'll get over it.

I'm sure it's not affecting your day to day life otherwise?

I wonder if they'll refund the costs of the thousands of people that have bought flights, hotels and tickets.

Sure they can come and be sombre and pay their respects. Yet again, they royal family contributing to the national coffers through tourism!

Fuck me it's getting beyond ludicrous; cricket cancelled, footie cancelled, cycling too

Parliament, which has been in limbo for weeks, decided to start late (12 noon instead of 9:30) and has cleared the agenda for TEN HOURS of eulogies to the Queen

The Monetary Policy people are delaying their meeting to set interest rates by a week due to the extended period of mourning

It's one weekend.....maybe 2 Momo.

You'll get over it.

I'm sure it's not affecting your day to day life otherwise?
It is. I’m missing out on something (one of the few enjoyments I have in life) which has no relation to her death. Then there will be a bank holiday when I’m too busy to take a day off. Followed by another when big ears is coronated.

To quote Jorah Mormont “The common people pray for rain, health and a summer that never ends. They don’t care what game the high lords play.” and this is all it is. A fucking game of one entitled entity handing another entitled entity a role to protect an aristocracy that should’ve been removed centuries ago.

What a load a shite. Are all other forms of entertainment being cancelled as well? Cinemas closing as well as theatres and concerts? I suppose it delays the criticism we'll no doubt receive for not respecting whatever tribute gets put on before our next game.

I'm not arsed one way or other about the monarchy whilst the Queen has reigned but the Jubilee nonsense earlier this year followed by this and the inevitable funeral and coronation has got me very much in sympathy with the republicans

What a load a shite. Are all other forms of entertainment being cancelled as well? Cinemas closing as well as theatres and concerts? I suppose it delays the criticism we'll no doubt receive for not respecting whatever tribute gets put on before our next game.

That'll be Ajax mid-week no?

Cannot be sure that it was the Queen or even Charles III who decided to cancel the footy. Does anyone seroulsy want to blame someone who has just died or been recenttly bereaved of their parent for this decision. Any anger expressed should be targeted at the EPL or a Government Minister if it was they that decided this.

Last edited:

Only if they choose to do so.

When Phillip died last year there were no cancellations because they chose not to.

It is. I’m missing out on something (one of the few enjoyments I have in life) which has no relation to her death. Then there will be a bank holiday when I’m too busy to take a day off. Followed by another when big ears is coronated.

To quote Jorah Mormont “The common people pray for rain, health and a summer that never ends. They don’t care what game the high lords play.” and this is all it is. A fucking game of one entitled entity handing another entitled entity a role to protect an aristocracy that should’ve been removed centuries ago.

You're not missing out on anything it'll still be waiting for you after this is over with & it will be over with in a week, This one of few enjoyments in life you have as you put it will outlive all of us.....Also there is other football for you to look forward to. Don't believe for a second 1 week without watching this current Liverpool team play is affecting your life lol.

Interesting choice of noun to describe watching our performance this season, Momo.
I’m a grumpy middle aged man. Moaning about this team brings me enjoyment.
Only if they choose to do so.

When Phillip died last year there were no cancellations because they chose not to.
They can chose this time and they are choosing to piss a lot of people off.

You're not missing out on anything it'll still be waiting for you after this is over with & it will be over with in a week, This one of few enjoyments in life you have as you put it will outlive all of us.....Also there is other football for you to look forward to. Don't believe for a second 1 week without watching this current Liverpool team play is affecting your life lol.

It is effecting my life. If I wanted to mourn her death I can do it before 3 and after 5 tomorrow. It’ll still be there waiting after the game. I have the F1 to watch which is little consolation. And we were winning this week only because I started the thread. We have a 9-0 average win for 3pm kick offs this season.

Fuck me it's getting beyond ludicrous; cricket cancelled, footie cancelled, cycling too

Parliament, which has been in limbo for weeks, decided to start late (12 noon instead of 9:30) and has cleared the agenda for TEN HOURS of eulogies to the Queen

The Monetary Policy people are delaying their meeting to set interest rates by a week due to the extended period of mourning

I'm amazed people are not more apoplectic about this. They're literally going to be dying a couple of months from now, and the monetary and fiscal steps that might save some small number of them, nah fuck it, what's the rush? Lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom