• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We are obviously in for a tough season

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=zlatan18 link=topic=42025.msg1181662#msg1181662 date=1285346156]
He is just telling the truth, obviously we arent going to win every game
[/quote]

Obviously, but you don't say it aloud.

Players need to go into matches believing they can win. Given our first half performances so far this season and some of Roy's comments, you have to wonder if this really is the case.

[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=42025.msg1181459#msg1181459 date=1285320407]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=42025.msg1181457#msg1181457 date=1285320058]
Rafa4pm - what do you think can change overnight that will have a massive impact?

Are carragher, Gerrard, Torres etc just going to turn back the clock and start playing the way they did a few years ago? Is Lucas going to be a world beater?

My point being we're still going to have exactly the same squad with exactly the same problems.
[/quote]

I thought is was employing a Manager who would make sensible decisions, play players in their best positions, motivate and encourage them by not being distant; and saying the right things both to the players and to the Press to restore the clubs reputation.

Turns out it's not as straightforward as employing a common sense British Manager.
[/quote]

You might note my preference was to tear apart the squad and appoint Jogi Loew as manager with his remit being to rebuild the squad over the course of a couple of years, particularly with one eye on the new financial regulations coming in during 2012. Getting rid of older high earners now would leave us in a position to add a lot during the run in to 2012 when most of our competition will have to cut back to meet UEFA guidelines.

But apart from that the logic behind the Hodgson appointment was pretty sound, it's just not working yet.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=42025.msg1183372#msg1183372 date=1285586340]
Yep Roy, you were right. There were still people expecting us to win at home against Sunderland, and as you indicated there will be lots of these games.

However as by your own standards, the reason for disapointment among the fans is unjust. you actually believe expectations placed upon your Liverpool side are too high at present.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/09/27/expectations-are-too-high-at-liverpool-fc-says-roy-hodgson-92534-27347608/
[/quote]

I have to agree with Budgie here. As soon as he was appointed my expectations were lowered accordingly, because he's a mediocre old manager. It was indeed odd to see so many posters with unexpectedly high expectations following his appointment, but I suspect that even most of those divs aren't quite so confident anymore. Apart from maybe Dreamy.

We're only about 30 points from safety (40 if we go into administration). I still think we'll get there.

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42025.msg1183376#msg1183376 date=1285586696]
[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=42025.msg1183372#msg1183372 date=1285586340]
Yep Roy, you were right. There were still people expecting us to win at home against Sunderland, and as you indicated there will be lots of these games.

However as by your own standards, the reason for disapointment among the fans is unjust. you actually believe expectations placed upon your Liverpool side are too high at present.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/09/27/expectations-are-too-high-at-liverpool-fc-says-roy-hodgson-92534-27347608/
[/quote]

I have to agree with Budgie here. As soon as he was appointed my expectations were lowered accordingly, because he's a mediocre old manager. It was indeed odd to see so many posters with unexpectedly high expectations following his appointment, but I suspect that even most of those divs aren't quite so confident anymore. Apart from maybe Dreamy.
[/quote]

my expectations were lowered with roy's appointment but even I didn't think we'd struggle at home to the likes of s'land.

[quote author=crump link=topic=42025.msg1183378#msg1183378 date=1285586877]
We're only about 30 points from safety (40 if we go into administration). I still think we'll get there.
[/quote]

*weeps*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom