• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trouble in Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because, at the lower end of the spectrum anyway, the English media are bottom-feeders who openly operate on the basis that controversy is a good thing, end of. Other countries have their redtop elements too, of course, but not to the same extent (at least not in my experience).

Don't really get the discussion 're quality of the squad at United.

A motivated and hungry squad there would do very well and though it might have some defensive frailties it's full of world beaters in my view.

Jose won the league with Chelsea then took them towards the bottom of the league was sacked and pretty much the same squad won the league again the season after.

United were desperate to sign him thinking they made the wrong decision picking Moyes after Fergie. Desperate to keep up he helped them back to the champ league and was rewarded with an extension and then didn't back him.

The discussion a few days ago 're social media influences and marketing opportunities touched on the importance of this and people like Pogba have huge following and influence esp after taking France to a world cup win.

Writings on the wall Jose sits around scratching his ass bitching till he gets sacked and payed out, cos the club chose Pogba over him. Any top European club would be stupid to sign him now but they might be desperate. He'll probably end up in China or somewhere.

As for his successor I'm sure they are working on it but I can't see a decent fit.
The like of zizou and Luis Enrique would find it a challenge over here after being in the Madrid Barca bubble. Best bet is try to prize away poch after spurs fail to spend money in Jan and his depleted squad is struggling.

The media are totally in love with Pochettino, so I'm sure many non-Spurs journalists would love the opportunity to suck his cock at United, and see him take over from their previous favourite Jose.

But it doesn't seem likely. I'm sure he'll end up at Real after Spurs.

I thought he was pretty much chased out of Madrid. Doubt they'll want him back ..and theh gave him even less respect than the current lot over here.

Maybe Italy or psg cant be many more options for him in Europe

I thought he was pretty much chased out of Madrid. Doubt they'll want him back ..and theh gave him even less respect than the current lot over here.

Maybe Italy or psg cant be many more options for him in Europe
Inter, maybe?

Manchester related.
Sterling stalling on a new deal. Reports Madrid are in for him in January.

Id love him to fuck Citeh over and fuck off

Manchester related.
Sterling stalling on a new deal. Reports Madrid are in for him in January.

Id love him to fuck Citeh over and fuck off
I want him to leave and complete my prediction about his long term future ... I only have one season and a bit before his failure is completed.

I always wanted Ferguson to see us lift the title while he was still manager of the Mancs.
If Mourinho was their manager when we win it then that would be the very next best thing.

Sterling at Madrid would be prestige for his agent. The wages won't be loads less than city, his agent would get a chunk arranging the deal and be able to tell the parents of the next black prodigy how he'd got links at Madrid.

Serve up a story of how sterling's won all he needs here in the UK
Tired of the racists press
Establiah himself amongst the world best
Yadda yadda

Be a good move for him hope he goes

I always wanted Ferguson to see us lift the title while he was still manager of the Mancs.
If Mourinho was their manager when we win it then that would be the very next best thing.

Just be happy he will see it at all, the gods came within an inch of robbing us of that moment.

Sterling at Madrid would be prestige for his agent. The wages won't be loads less than city, his agent would get a chunk arranging the deal and be able to tell the parents of the next black prodigy how he'd got links at Madrid.

Serve up a story of how sterling's won all he needs here in the UK
Tired of the racists press
Establiah himself amongst the world best
Yadda yadda

Be a good move for him hope he goes

I suppose that would explain the purpose of the racism card, the cunt has not changed a bit.

A pity then that he might end up suffering some actual racist abuse in Madrid. My heart would bleed for him if that happened, it truly would.

As if Madrid would be interested in that little tit. This is that cunt Ward trying to get him a deal on par with De Bruyne when he's not a 10th of the player.

I don't know about Pochettino, he's a fantastic manager at getting the best out of what he's got, but I have serious reservations about if he's able to move to the next level and win things. His sides lack identity for me, they're well drilled, and hard to score against, but they rely on one or two players to win them games, and they rarely tactically outclass their opponents. He's consistently a very good manager, but I doubt he'll ever be an excellent one.

I don't know about Pochettino, he's a fantastic manager at getting the best out of what he's got, but I have serious reservations about if he's able to move to the next level and win things. His sides lack identity for me, they're well drilled, and hard to score against, but they rely on one or two players to win them games, and they rarely tactically outclass their opponents. He's consistently a very good manager, but I doubt he'll ever be an excellent one.
Think he more than outclass and proved tactically very good when his side tought us a lesson at Wembley and then at Anfield 2nd half when we could hardly keep the ball last season.

Think he more than outclass and proved tactically very good when his side tought us a lesson at Wembley and then at Anfield 2nd half when we could hardly keep the ball last season.
The reason we lost at Wembley is because we lined up like mugs against Spurs, and Lovren had a shocker. At Anfield we were the far better side and they got lucky to scrape a point.

You can make an argument that at a big club there is less need for a manager to “tactically outclass” opponents. Fabio Capello won a shitload of trophies in his career by building solidly-constructed sides that maximized the efficiency of his already superior players. Pochettino seems to have a similar style.

I think if you put aside the anti-Spurs bias, you have to admit Pochettino has done a brilliant job at Spurs.
Spurs have, for as long as I remember been all over the place. One weekend they looked amazing, scoring 5, looking like world-beaters the next four games they suffered heavy losses to Wimbledon et all and were absolutely pooh. Been like that since I was like 7-years-old. A completely random entertaining team impossible to predict.

In that light I don't believe there have been a more steady, calm and clever manager in charge at WHL than what Pochettino has proved to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom