• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Szo Boss

I don't want to be that guy...
Actually, fuck it I am that guy...

Where are the Elliot lovers? I thought Szobo was shite? 🤣

Must be disappointing for Elliott not to get any minutes at all in the first game. But there was absolultely no need to sub Szobo who was superb in the 2nd half. His ability to find a key pass was on par with Elliott in that game and of course he’s faster and can cover more ground.

All that said, I still very much believe in Elliott and I think Slot does too.

Must be disappointing for Elliott not to get any minutes at all in the first game. But there was absolultely no need to sub Szobo who was superb in the 2nd half. His ability to find a key pass was on par with Elliott in that game and of course he’s faster and can cover more ground.

All that said, I still very much believe in Elliott and I think Slot does too.
Elliot will get minutes. He'll be important for us, but Szobo is clearly ahead of him imo.
I'm also shocked that he didn't get any minutes, but he'll just have to be patient.

Curtis is the one who should be most worried about his place, because with Gravvy cementing his place at #6 (+ Endo and Badger as options) he will have to compete with Macca at LCM and that competition will be rather one-sided, I’m afraid. And if Macca can’t play, there is always an option of putting Szobo or Elliott there. Jones’s path to the first team just got a lot more complicated.

Agreed. I do feel like it's going to be different with Slot. He doesn't have a personal relationship with the players like Klopp had, so he can be more objective. Yes, Gravy and Slot have the Dutch connection, but clearly Slot doesn't think Jones impressed him enough to start after pre season and to be honest he's not wrong. This is despite the fact that Jones was present for the entire summer.
Being an adult for a minute I'll admit that Jones is a good player (generational talent my arse), but it annoys me that he still hasn't learned to release the ball quicker.
It's not a good look when you constantly hold on to the ball and only release it when you can't get anywhere.
He should also be a bit worried about Nyoni, because he's not far off and it's clear to me that Slot likes him.

After all that brown nosing Jones did saying how slott style suits him better than klopp crap and he can't even get in the team still.

Curtis is the one who be most worried about his place, because with Gravvy cementing his place at #6 (+ Endo and Badger as options) he will have to compete with Macca at LCM and that competition will be rather one-sided, I’m afraid. And if Macca can’t play, there is always an option of putting Szobo or Elliott there. Jones’s path to the first team just got a lot more complicated.
He (Curtis) has nothing to worry about. The others that are competing with him only performed well for 45 mins, and Mac10 barely had a good game.

Curtis has and will always be a squad player at best for this club, which for most footballers in the world is still a pretty high standard.

Yeah, Curtis is a quality player and can still improve. I don’t think anyone wants him gone or anything (well, maybe @Modo does, but that’s a whole other story… 😉 )

But you do feel CJ played himself out of the team during the pre-season when he was first outshone by the 17-old Nyoni and particularly in the last couple of friendly apperances, when he just couldn’t release the ball for love or money. Maybe he took Slot’s instructions about “keeping the ball longer in midfield” a little bit too literally.

It will be a long road back into the manager’s good graces, with Macca, Gravvy, Szobo and probably Elliott all currently ahead of him.

I thought he was shite for the first half. Second half improved, but the whole team was.

All it shows me is that he needs everyone else to perform to put in a decent performance/actually complete a pass.

Id still start Elliott

I thought he was shite for the first half. Second half improved, but the whole team was.

All it shows me is that he needs everyone else to perform to put in a decent performance/actually complete a pass.

Id still start Elliott
Im obviously having a laugh. As soon as his levels drop, Elliott is the first one in.

Yeah, Curtis is a quality player and can still improve. I don’t think anyone wants him gone or anything (well, maybe @Modo does, but that’s a whole other story… 😉 )

But you do feel CJ played himself out of the team during the pre-season when he was first outshone by the 17-old Nyoni and particularly in the last couple of friendly apperances, when he just couldn’t release the ball for love or money. Maybe he took Slot’s instructions about “keeping the ball longer in midfield” a little bit too literally.

It will be a long road back into the manager’s good graces, with Macca, Gravvy, Szobo and probably Elliott all currently ahead of him.
I would be pretty happy to sell him. He has frustrated me for years and do not see that changing. He is also likely worth quite a lot in today’s market - not that we would spend the profit on anything.

I would be pretty happy to sell him. He has frustrated me for years and do not see that changing. He is also likely worth quite a lot in today’s market - not that we would spend the profit on anything.
I'm with you on this, I'm also starting to think that it can't be coached out of him.
I'd honestly, consider giving his minutes to Morton, who's more of a pass and move player.

This one of the reasons why I want Szobo in the starting XI over Harvey

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1ewqqjo/szobos_speed_and_awareness/

I mean it's weak from Mac and was almost Luton all over again but this is where Szobo needs to stop telegraphing his every shot....the defender has already turned his back before he's taken the shot......just a quick look up an he'd have seen there isn't another defender within 10 yards, a little feint to shoot, and set it up on your stronger foot.

I'd rather our central midfielders made 90 passes and completed 85% rather than half that amount and a slightly better average.

He wasn't involved, again. I don't understand the love in this post.

I'd rather our central midfielders made 90 passes and completed 85% rather than half that amount and a slightly better average.

He wasn't involved, again. I don't understand the love in this post.
He wasn't playing in central midfield was he and when you play further forward, you're not going to have as much of the ball as the deeper players. Dom has always been an attacking player, he's not in the team to make the most passes in the side. Besides Virgil was the only player that made more than 60 passes against Ipswich.

& if you watched the game he got the assist for Mo and was one of the best players 2nd half.

I did watch the game and I thought he was bang average. I am an advocate of him when he plays well, but it's been a while now where he's put in a performance strong enough to have a bloody thread named after him.

He was not playing in an advanced 10 role. Jota was pretty much doing that in a hybrid fashion.

Back
Top Bottom