• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Morton to Leverkusen?

I've always thought he looked decent and could be another option as a deep lying playmaker. I'd like to see him give a chance in that role (over Endo) when the league cup game comes around.
I find it strange that Morton part of the official first team squad. Is it contract related? Or hasn't he been registered?

As much as it would have been nice to add a world-class #6 this summer, Morton staying and presumably being given a chance to prove himself at LFC is a serious silver lining. There is no better timing than coming off a successful 2-year loan spell; he wasn’t ready after 1 year and 3 would have been too many. It’s now or never.

People will scoff at the notion of Morton being “like a new signing,” but that’s exactly what he is - a promising 21-year-old midfielder who plays in a role where we need depth and cover. He can do a lot of the things Gravenberch is doing at #6: turn with the ball, pass safely or creatively, score occasional worldies, and like Gravenberch he has some work to do to improve the defensive side of his game. I hope Slot gives him a genuine chance.

View: https://youtu.be/wz085UcA2BY?si=rppHHZq_ipIHyMLB

I kind of wish we had kept VdB now. Would have been good cover and squad option.
I bet Arne tried to convince him to stay and fight but the kid just seemed determined to leave. He made it clear that he wants to be a regular starter and that's obviously not going to happen so he didn't give Slot any choice but to sell.

I love Tyler Morton. My favourite of the young ones. May not be the Liverpool standard that we all aspire to but he's very special. Glad we're keeping him.

I bet Arne tried to convince him to stay and fight but the kid just seemed determined to leave. He made it clear that he wants to be a regular starter and that's obviously not going to happen so he didn't give Slot any choice but to sell.
Yes, I am aware that is likely how it was.

As much as it would have been nice to add a world-class #6 this summer, Morton staying and presumably being given a chance to prove himself at LFC is a serious silver lining. There is no better timing than coming off a successful 2-year loan spell; he wasn’t ready after 1 year and 3 would have been too many.

People will scoff at the notion of Morton being “like a new signing,” but that’s exactly what he is - a promising 21-year-old midfielder who plays in a role where we need depth and cover. He can do a lot of the things Gravenberch is doing at #6 - he can turn with the ball, pass safely or creatively, scores occasional worldies, and has some work to do to improve the defensive side of his game. I hope Slot gives him a genuine chance.

View: https://youtu.be/wz085UcA2BY?si=rppHHZq_ipIHyMLB

In the frustration of not signing a 6 someone else will get a chance to shine. Could be Morton.

View: https://x.com/BenBocsak/status/1829798351765672379

I think he will look a step above the other kids who stepped into CM last year (Clark, McConnell) and they didn't even look hugely out of place themselves. I hope he gets some chances - maybe the first will be the Carabao vs. West Ham

Back
Top Bottom