• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

Because Haaland is still dealing on & off with his stress fracture and without Alvarez city have no other senior strikers.

Would you not be happy to see a very good attacker leave a title rival?!

Because Haaland is still dealing on & off with his stress fracture and without Alvarez city have no other senior strikers.

I think he is overrated and more fearful of the potential replacement.

Title rivals to me means us challenging for the title. I can't see how that is possible this season. Only team benefitting for alvarez leaving is arsenal.

Title rivals to me means us challenging for the title. I can't see how that is possible this season. Only team benefitting for alvarez leaving is arsenal.

Our best player is fully rested after a summer off. Our midfield ‘rebuild’ will start the season well settled into the squad.

If we had lost players i might be a doubter. We were challenging for 3/4s of last season but ran out of steam. I think new manager and new methods will change that.

You sound like a Kelly’s Hero. Definitely not a dirty slot.

Our best player is fully rested after a summer off. Our midfield ‘rebuild’ will start the season well settled into the squad.

If we had lost players i might be a doubter. We were challenging for 3/4s of last season but ran out of steam. I think new manager and new methods will change that.

You sound like a Kelly’s Hero. Definitely not a dirty slot.
Deffo a slot. Unable to fully commit.

they’ve got themselves a bit of a harry kane situation at city, who’s going to want to be backup to Haaland?

some credit due to alvarez for wanting to play football and maybe some to city for not keeping him against his will? Guardiola did insist he’d never keep someone who wanted to leave (they rarely want to after being blasted in the face with the money cannon)

they’ve got themselves a bit of a harry kane situation at city, who’s going to want to be backup to Haaland?

some credit due to alvarez for wanting to play football and maybe some to city for not keeping him against his will? Guardiola did insist he’d never keep someone who wanted to leave (they rarely want to after being blasted in the face with the money cannon)

Alvarez got lucky that KDB was injured so early and he filled that void for majority of the season.

I think he knows he’s very much a rotation player with a full squad. I think he’s a brilliant back up so would love him to be sold ready for when one of KDB or Haaland gets a medium term injury in the season

Not sure AM under Simone is right move for him though, not many forwards have flourished under him apart from Griezmann. I assume City have a replacement ready linedup.

Gallagher gets a lot of “meh” comments on here but i think Chelsea losing him would be huge. He was easily their best midfielder last season, he did a lot of work and was starting to get involved with G/A towards the end too.

I’d be very happy to see him leave, as Caicedo & Enzo have so far failed to step up. Maybe Chelsea fancy Lavia to get fit and play more now too, hence being happy to let Conor go.

Gallagher gets a lot of “meh” comments on here but i think Chelsea losing him would be huge. He was easily their best midfielder last season, he did a lot of work and was starting to get involved with G/A towards the end too.

I’d be very happy to see him leave, as Caicedo & Enzo have so far failed to step up. Maybe Chelsea fancy Lavia to get fit and play more now too, hence being happy to let Conor go.
They will regret this big time. Conor is better than what he was tasked to do last season.

But it seems to have a history of overpaying for players who usually don’t work. Felix was bought for over £100 and was largely a misfit. Even in today’s mad market, £82 million seems quite a lot.

They will regret this big time. Conor is better than what he was tasked to do last season.
He really isn't.
Anytime he was asked to do more than just running around and look busy like for England, he was incapable. He will fit in to his limited ability in AM because their midfielders tend to be busy aggressive players without any ability. Anyone of ability in CM, move on ASAP from Simone like Rodri did.

The Alvarez fee reminds me of the time Everton's scouts watched Tomas Ujfalusi at Fiorentina, told the club to sign him and somehow they signed Per Kroldrup instead.
At what point does someone realise Atletico's scouts were at the Copa America, watching Messi?

Back
Top Bottom