• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

Fernandez and Alvarez picked up for €10m+€8m and 17m from River Plate. Valera for €8m+€3m from Boca. And the list of smart pickups from S.American market goes on...

Fernandez and Alvarez picked up for €10m+€8m and 17m from River Plate. Valera for €8m+€3m from Boca. And the list of smart pickups from S.American market goes on...

& we continue to be dickheads.

This club needs people like me and you at that academy, bash a couple of heads together.

For everyone but us. Have we sold arroyo yet?

It's like they are playing football manager. I have no idea who are the players they have bought.

I thought 7 year contracts were banned by UEFA? Or do they just need to be amortized over 5 years? @Beamrider?
For both PL and UEFA purposes they have to do alternative accounts with a 5-year contract life, amortising the costs over that period. They're still allowed to contract for 6 or 7 years in terms of protecting the player's value and in their public accounts (which would be used for every other purpose, including banking compliance) they will amortise over 7 years.

For both PL and UEFA purposes they have to do alternative accounts with a 5-year contract life, amortising the costs over that period. They're still allowed to contract for 6 or 7 years in terms of protecting the player's value and in their public accounts (which would be used for every other purpose, including banking compliance) they will amortise over 7 years.

That sounds like an awful lot of balance sheet accounting.

It's worth repeating.
Every time Chelsea signs a player on a 6 or 7 year deal they're increasing their risk. They get no benefit for FFP and if the player turns out to be shite or injury prone then they're tying themselves in to an extra year or two of wages that will be a drain on them. Plus they end up paying additional agent fees (linked to wages over the full life of the contract).
If they think they're getting a good deal on wages then that's a false economy - if the player turns out to be good then he'll want a new deal, and he will get one. They always do. We used to give Suarez a new deal every year.
And if he wants out, he'll be gone in 2-3 years anyway, and the extra years on the deal will make no difference to the fee.
It's fucking stupid, and I hope they keep on doing it.

That sounds like an awful lot of balance sheet accounting.
It's really not that big a deal to be honest. They are probably already running 2 different sets of figures anyway as they'll be reporting figures for Clearlake under US accounting standards which will have some differences to the UK figures.

If a club signs you for 7 years and there are six players between you and the starting line up , then it's pretty obvious they intend to sell you for a profit in four years, when you're bored out of your mind and banging tables for a move.

There's no reason to sign, unless you're a teenager, or you just see football as a comfortable 9 to 5 job to raise your family (which is very respectable btw). I'm a lazy ass so I would happily pocket the 280,000 a month and do gym work till I'm 27.

Imagine if we had sold Hendo in 2017 because he wasn’t topping any stat charts.

IMO this is what Chelsea have just done. Love to see it.

I know you’re kidding but I dont like to see big clubs stockpiling players…. Ruins careers and bad for the game as a whole.

I agree on the stockpiling. I’m not kidding in that i think Gallagher was a very reliable midfielder for them. I used 2017 because that was before Hendo really broke out into becoming a super leader for us too.

I think they’ll struggle without him, and could have had a really great CM if they’d stuck by him for a couple more seasons.

Whos left at chelsea who actually gives a fuck about them? James? Cunts only fit 2 hours a year

Premier League Player Transfers Summer 2024 for all 20 Clubs
GUb7vdwXsAAA0Zw

Whos left at chelsea who actually gives a fuck about them? James? Cunts only fit 2 hours a year
A friend from work who's a Chelsea fan is pissed off with the American owners.

He's saying that they're selling away their identity (whatever identity that is) and are showing disloyalty to some of their most loyal players.

Mount, Gallagher, Chalobah all players who've been at the club since they were kids being told to fuck off.

It's not a good look.

My friend is saying that young players will be reluctant to sign extensions at Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom