• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

It's mildly surprising Villa agreed to sell at that price, after all, it is only £8M profit after he proved himself successful in the most valuable league in the world. It's also not the easiest market to buy in. Are they in need of sales? Perhaps he was kicking up a fuss.

Probably was willing to move - a) climate b) wages c) it's a Muslim country d) great expat set up from what I've read

Probably was willing to move - a) climate b) wages c) it's a Muslim country d) great expat set up from what I've read
Some players have no allegiances or goals in football. They're just looking for the next paycheck, so I'm not surprised at all.

Damn, I really think he could be great for us but probably decently stocked in that sort of role already. Underused by Southgate.

Yeah he's come on leaps and bounds the last few seasons after transitioning over from championship football but at that price......City can have him.

I have faith in Carvalho if we stick by him can become a similar player.

They spent 150m in 2022, 200m in 2023 and won nothing but they look like they are going to spend significantly again. Arteta is Pep mark II, buying his way to success but hopefully he will continue to fall short.

Don't we have mini winter break now? Not that I can imagine a nation like Gambia advancing very far anyway.

Sign Hakimi immediately.

Wouldn't stress. A legal case should be landing on FIFA's desk any minute now on this very issue.

Not really, we did ok when Salah and Mane were away.
If you listen to some of posters on here, we did better apparently this year with Salah in AFCON then when he came back, can't have it both ways.
I think we are really over-egging it here, its' not ideal and would prefer if was in the summer but we would still have a player for 6 months regardless of AFCON, it would be a short sighted way to miss out some fantastic players.

Not really, we did ok when Salah and Mane were away.
If you listen to some of posters on here, we did better apparently this year with Salah in AFCON then when he came back, can't have it both ways.
I think we are really over-egging it here, its' not ideal and would prefer if was in the summer but we would still have a player for 6 months regardless of AFCON, it would be a short sighted way to miss out some fantastic players.
Had to check.

17-18 season:

Premier League - 4th
FA Cup - Fourth round
EFL Cup - Third round
UEFA Champions League - Runners-up

21-22 season:
Premier League - 2nd
FA Cup - Winners
EFL Cup - Winners

My main gripe is with that 21-22 season. Maybe we would have won it all with Mane and Salah avoiding playing a bunch of 120 min games for their countries mid season?

Didn’t Salah get injured for his longest period at the AFCON? Mane and Salah were even more frosty after AFCON?

Had to check.

17-18 season:

Premier League - 4th
FA Cup - Fourth round
EFL Cup - Third round

21-22 season:
Premier League - 2nd
FA Cup - Winners
EFL Cup - Winners

My main gripe is with that 21-22 season. Maybe we would have won it all with Mane, Salah avoiding playing a bunch of 120 min games for their countries mid season?
If it was upto me, Salah should retire from Int duty now.
We did ok 21-22 while he was away but Mane came looked good as he then started playing through the middle, Salah less so and looked tired.

I’m not against signing African players. Or for signing shit ones. More Matips less Keitas. That works in a couple of ways.

Back
Top Bottom