• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other teams transfer news / speculation

Love seeing Man U making moves,
while we're sitting around waiting for VD, Trent and Salah's contracts to expire.

Legit question: how can United continue to all these expensive deals and we cannot? Our revenues are pretty similar

Mendes has been stock piling players at PGS, and so much so that Nasser was reported to be unhappy with Campos (their sporting director). Mendes has been offering Ugarte to just about everyone, and Utd looks to have taken the bait.
Looked good at Sporting, but seems to be a very limited ball player although a good ball winner.
Not what we need as a 6 as we need a bit of both. Like Fabinho.

Ederson please, that would be a great signing.

Didn’t rio retire about ten years ago and this guy is a teenager?

is there some link i don’t know about or did rio just start getting involved on social media and now thinks he played a big part in landing him?

over 100k a year for this kid. if liverpool did pursue and that’s the money required to land him then you’d have Quansah / Bradders , even Sepps if he works out, agents banging on the door looking for similar.

Could be as much as 150k per week according to reports, and he wanted guarantees about playing time

Could be as much as 150k per week according to reports, and he wanted guarantees about playing time
  1. Guaranteed playing time
  2. £144k/week INCLUDING bonuses
  3. Year-on-year salary increments built-in
So if he turns out as a near world they have bought well. Anything else and they've, yet again, shat the bed

[according to Sportrac]

For comparison:

Virgil - £220k/week
JoGo - £85k/week
Ibou - £70k/week
Jarrell - £15k/week

Saliba - £190k/week
Gabriel - £100k/week

Adarabioyo - £120k/week
Collwill - £100k/week
Chalibah - £50k/week

Man Utd must be Mendes's favourite club now.

He also represents Ait-Nouri, Joao Neves, Pedro Neto, Joao Felix, and Goncalo Inacio.

Don't think we'll be signing any of those now... They'll all be at Old Trafford before the year is out

Joao Neves is a great talent but maybe not the profile we need to add to our midfield at the moment. Fee will probably be 80-90 mill.
Yet another great sale by Benfica though.

Joao Neves is a great talent but maybe not the profile we need to add to our midfield at the moment. Fee will probably be 80-90 mill.
Yet another great sale by Benfica though.
Why not? Endo's 31, and Bajcetic has lost an entire year of development with injury. Neves is probably the best young no. 6 on the planet now

1. Guaranteed playing time
  2. £144k/week INCLUDING bonuses
  3. Year-on-year salary increments built-in
So if he turns out as a near world they have bought well. Anything else and they've, yet again, shat the bed

[according to Sportrac]

For comparison:

Virgil - £220k/week
JoGo - £85k/week
Ibou - £70k/week
Jarrell - £15k/week

Saliba - £190k/week
Gabriel - £100k/week

Adarabioyo - £120k/week
Collwill - £100k/week
Chalibah - £50k/week

well there you go, it wouldn’t quite blow up our wage structure but to add him would probably add another 500k a week in total the wage bill if those lads listed wanted something like parity with him

Radcliffe's money. They're still on a sticky wicket with FFP. Don't be surprised to see some sales as well.

Hopefully they will struggle to get rid of some of the dross they have given the wages. Maguire is on 190k and Casemiro 350k. Struggling to shift players will be lovely.

Radcliffe's money. They're still on a sticky wicket with FFP. Don't be surprised to see some sales as well.
They've flogged (unfortunately not literally) their home grown rapist for £23m which will help. McTominay is also home grown and heading out the door so I doubt they have a serious issue this FY. Or?

Is this going to be like last summer where we miss out on main targets because we're reacting slowly?

I mean, we starter last summer well, i know we got macca and szob done handy, then we dragged heels and missed out on main targets

They've flogged (unfortunately not literally) their home grown rapist for £23m which will help. McTominay is also home grown and heading out the door so I doubt they have a serious issue this FY. Or?
I've just re-checked their figures. They had a stonking loss in 2022 (over £145m pre-adjustments) which will still be in play for their 2021-2024 PSR calculations. It will drop out for 2022-2025 (i.e. the period including this coming season), which may be why they feel they can loosen the purse strings in this window. They also probably reckon on cost savings across the years from their redundancy programme, but relatively small beer compared to profit / loss they can make on players.
I suspect there are plenty of other players they'd happily sell. Rumours Saudi clubs were looking at Casemiro and I'm sure they'd take any sensible offers for Sancho. McTominay is by no means a world-beater but he is massively under-appreciated at Old Toilet - he rarely lets them down.

Back
Top Bottom