• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Favourite ever foreign LFC player

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=madmax link=topic=36512.msg965750#msg965750 date=1255974364]
[quote author=Roopy link=topic=36512.msg965745#msg965745 date=1255972190]
Gilardino ... oh wait.

Erm, Kewell.

End poll. Lock thread.

[/quote]

Favorite?

Its Kewell and Agger....

its got nothing to do with how they have performed for liverpool. But they are both obviously very talented.
[/quote]

Er, what?

Kewell and Agger are your two favourite foreign players ever? And it's got nothing to do with "how they performed for Liverpool". You're a strange one, Max.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=36512.msg965218#msg965218 date=1255900672]
So who's your favourite ever?

I've probably missed someone obvious as well (I always had a soft spot for Bruno Cheyrou 😉 )
[/quote]

Not a player on there that I didn't love with a passion.

Jan was just amazing and as a young kid growing up who liked the passing aspect he was a hero. Bruce - his eccentricities could have cost him his job many times but I wouldn't have swapped him, Didi made me feel confident at all times, Garcia for his brilliance and flair at a time when we were painfully short of both, Craig for his 150,000% effort and committment every game - he always stood out as someone who knew how lucky he was to play for Liverpool.

Ultimately, though, I picked Sami because he was just so good, never stopped developing as a player, put his body and soul on the line every game and, on top of all this, he was the ultimate professional while still being a top bloke.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=36512.msg965733#msg965733 date=1255970039]
Clem was certainly more consistent than Brucie but there's an argument for saying Brucie was the better bet on the big occasion. In addition to things like his "crazy legs" antics in Rome, there were times when he pulled off saves which I honestly don't think Clem (or pretty much any other keeper I've ever seen) would have managed, like the one which IMO was the defining moment in the first Merseyside Cup Final when he kept out a bizarre "back pass" from Jocky of all people which was heading straight for Brucie's top right-hand corner. I'd pick Clem to win titles, but I might well go for Brucie in a one-off game.
[/quote]

Well said; I'd pick Bruce for most finals (though my heart would be in my mouth as to which player would turn up) and Clem for a season.

I actually disagree with people stating Clemence was clearly the better keeper; I always felt very safe with Clem between the sticks but when it came to shot stopping I'd pick Bruce most days of the week - against probably anyone other than possibly the mancs great Dane.

Some of the saves that Bruce pulled out - I remember one against the mancs which I honestly thought was physically impossible - I would not have believed them possible.

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=36512.msg965892#msg965892 date=1255988546]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=36512.msg965733#msg965733 date=1255970039]
Clem was certainly more consistent than Brucie but there's an argument for saying Brucie was the better bet on the big occasion. In addition to things like his "crazy legs" antics in Rome, there were times when he pulled off saves which I honestly don't think Clem (or pretty much any other keeper I've ever seen) would have managed, like the one which IMO was the defining moment in the first Merseyside Cup Final when he kept out a bizarre "back pass" from Jocky of all people which was heading straight for Brucie's top right-hand corner. I'd pick Clem to win titles, but I might well go for Brucie in a one-off game.
[/quote]

Well said; I'd pick Bruce for most finals (though my heart would be in my mouth as to which player would turn up) and Clem for a season.

I actually disagree with people stating Clemence was clearly the better keeper; I always felt very safe with Clem between the sticks but when it came to shot stopping I'd pick Bruce most days of the week - against probably anyone other than possibly the mancs great Dane.

Some of the saves that Bruce pulled out - I remember one against the mancs which I honestly thought was physically impossible - I would not have believed them possible.
[/quote]

He said something fascinating in an interview once about how the things he'd seen on war service in the Rhodesian Army had put the whole of life into perspective for him. It made me think that's why he was so unbelievably spring-heeled - the guy simply didn't care about the piffling "risks" one takes on a football field. The other side of the coin of course is that he didn't always care quite enough to cut out some of the daft mistakes, but overall his LFC account is massively in credit IMHO.

I went for Sami.

I also thought Steve Finnan was the most consistent right full of my generation.

I watched that Kop 10 Spanish Players on LFCTV this morning. It is clearly a bit out of date but there wasn't much on and it passed 15 minutes of the day.

Reina came top, Alonso second, Torres third and Garcia fourth

The problem was that they clearly didn't have enough Spanish players who had played for us and been any good so the lower spaces looked a bit desperate.

No positive top ten of Liverpool players should really include the likes of Nunez, Josemi and Morientes and whereas the producer could at least find some kind of decent moments to show for these players they were clearly struggling for Barragan (in at number 10) and were reduced to showing his 2 touches of the ball in the one game he played (one of which was a foul) over and over again!

I loved Babbel and Henchoz very much.
On that list ive gone for Hamann.
Hyppia, Mascherano, Riise, Reina, Torres, Molby and Agger would all be up on the list too.
As would Kewell, Cisse and Morientes. Yes i know they didnt work out but i'll never forget how excited i was when we got them.
Sooooo......Henchoz.

Sami for me.

Looks like the Germans love him :-[

Hyppia: Emperor Franz knights the Finnish King

ALL THANKS TO SUPER-SAMI!
Franz Beckenbauer (64) was in the stadium as a co-commentator for „Sky“. In BILD the Kaiser knights the Finnish king: „Perfect! The bloke is unique. I know of few defenders of his class. I was admiring him during the international game last week. Hyypiä makes the right decision in every game.“
83 percent of challenges won. "On top of that 100 percent pass accuracy," says colleague Gonzalo Castro.
So good at 36. And so fit!
"Sami's fitness levels are better than a year ago with Liverpool“, says Finnish national trainer Stuart Baxter . „How he manages three games in a week is impressive," says Bayer-Coach Jupp Heynckes.
Personality and collector of titles. Just what Bayer needs!
"I enjoy every game, even if it was not an attractive game to watch against Hamburg," says Hyppia, who had a headed chance saved by Frank Rost six minutes before the end of the game. "If I had scored it would have been a perfect evening. I am a quiet bloke who does his job." Club boss Rudi Völler, "His calmness is a good influence on the team.“

:-[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom