• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alan Dzageo: The £9M ‘Teenage Arshavin’ Chased by Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlads Quiff

Well-Known
They are always the "new" someone, anyone any ideas?

Alan Dzageo: The £9M ‘Teenage Arshavin’ Chased by Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea

Alan Dzagoev: The New ArshavinReports in Russia suggest that Liverpool and Chelsea are in negotiations with CSKA Moscow for their talented teenager Alan Dzagoev dubbed the ‘New Andrei Arshavin’.

The 19-year-old is already a full international and is widely regarded as the future of Russian football. Dzagoev was born in Beslan and began his youth career with the club he supported Vladikavkaz before moving to Krylia Sovetov in the Russian 2nd division. Despite being just 16-years old he scored 6 goals in 37 appearances for the club before CSKA made their move.

Dzagoev was slowly blooded into the CSKA first team starting numerous cup matches and played an integral role in a cup win in his first season scoring in the quarter-final, semi-final and final. He has since become a mainstay of the side making 20 league appearances in 2008 (18 starts) and scoring an impressive 8 times. The teenager showed that despite his slight frame that he is not scared to mix it with opposition defenders having been booked 6 times and red carded once in that season. Dzagoev also picked up an award as the Best Young Player in the Russian Premier League. He played the majority of these games either in the centre of midfield or as a 2nd striker behind main man Vagner Love where he has struck up a particularly impressive partnership.

This season Dzagoev has continued his impressive form with 3 goals in 9 league games (8 starts) which has alerted a number of clubs around Europe to his quality. He also featured heavily in CSKA’s Uefa Cup campaign which included success over Aston Villa before being beaten by eventual winners Shakhtar Donetsk.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

Guus Hiddink awarded the exciting teenager with his first international appearance in October 2008 as a substitute in a World Cup qualifying defeat against Germany. His debut at 18-years-old and 116 days made Dzagoev the youngest ever outfield player to play for Russia. The youngest overall was his CSKA team-mate Igor Akinfeev. He has since made a further two appearances for his country both as a substitute.

The teenage star shuns the limelight and is renowned for his modest character and work ethic. This is summed up by a quote he made in 2008 when he said, “I try to give interviews rarely - it’s better to play than to talk about it. Of course, we play for the fans and they want to know about us as much as possible. But I have yet to win something to give interviews left and right. It’s too early for me to do that.â€

The CSKA star’s heroes as a youngster were both current team-mate Evgeni Aldonin and Chelsea star Frank Lampard with whom he may soon be joining as Guus Hiddink is reported to have advised Roman Abramovich to sign him. The possibility of a future move is boosted by the fact Dzagoev has stated his favourite team outside of Russia is Chelsea. Another reported Chelsea target is fellow CSKA star Yuri Zhirkov and he has praised the teen, he said, “He’s just a super player.â€

Dzagoev’s former academy coach Igor Rodkin has also praised the youngster. He said, Dzagoev plays football not for fame and money, but because football is his life.â€

“It is rare today that a victory is more important for a player than the prize money for it, but with Alan, that is exactly the case.â€

One of the former stars of Russian football and La Liga Alexander Mostovoi has also praised Dzageo. He declared, “Alan stands apart from other players because of his non-standard actions. He is not afraid to get on the ball, to dribble, to take responsibility. I always like players like that.â€

The Teenager has Struck Up a Great Understanding with Vagner LoveThe CSKA star has a great engine, excellent technique and passing range plus good pace. Despite being 5 ft 10 he is not very strong in the air but his other attributes more than make up for this. As well as Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are also reported to be keen to sign the youngster who continues to gather admirers.

Rafa Benitez looks set to make a number of changes to his squad with Javier Mascherano and Xabi Alonso continually linked to Spain and a youngster of Dzagoev’s quality would cover both Alonso’s role or the position currently occupied by Steven Gerrard. Harry Redknapp is reported to be interested but unless changes are made regarding sales then there seems little room for the talented Russian in the Spurs line-up.

Whether Alan Dzagoev moves or not this summer you are sure to hear a lot more from the Teenage ‘new Arshavin’.

I've seen him twice and he looks like a very good player.

He doesn't really seem like a player in the same mould as Arshavin BUT Rurikbird, who's buzzed about him before his goal scoring antics for the Russian national team, will confirm.

This would be a good signing imo.

He's a really clever, technical player despite his young age. I'd be happy if we signed him. Good player, and looks like he could become great.

Re: Alan Dzageo: The £9M ‘Teenage Arshavin’ Chased by Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea

Is this the time to be buying potential?

Anyway, I really, really wanted Arshavin to come here so I'll keep an eye out for this guy.

From the limited quotes it sounds like he has the right attitude to make it.

Dzagoev is not getting enough playing time at CSKA at the moment, presumably because their coach Zico (yes, THAT Zico) is on a mission to resurrect the career of his fellow Brazilian Dani Carvalho (the one who's scored against us in the Supercup final, remember?) and they play the same position with Dzago, and can't really play together. There is talk of Dzago joining Dynamo Kiev to reunite with him former coach Valery Gazzaev, but CSKA president doesn't want to sell the club's young star player, at least not on the cheap. Another theory is that CSKA is in financial difficulties and they want to make money by selling Carvalho, that's why they give him playing time and try to get him into shape, at Dzagoev's expense.

In any case, this is as good a time as any to prize him away from CSKA, if we are really interested. I have to say the article linking us to him seems like journalistic bollocks, rather than being based on anything solid. The attempt to somehow tie Xabi and Mascherano situation to Dzagoev is just laughable. Nobody who's ever seen the player would suggest that Dzagoev could replace Alonso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom