• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Forest (a) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
When have jota , Diaz ,Nunez , Salah and Bobby all been fit together ? Not once. . What about thiago, fabs , hendo ? Probably 2/3 league games , what about matip , Gomez and vvd ? Probably about 1/2 league games..

No wonder were struggling , were probably knackered and papering over the cracks in the physios room every Monday morning.

Complete the same exercise or even match day squad exercise with 95% of prem teams and tell me theyre not going to have a drop in form

yep. Or maybe it’s just a massive coincidence that when we do have them fit we beat one of the best teams on the planet.

This season is going to be one hell of a slog but deep down I reckon we’ll get top 4 I really do.

Results and performances like today are the new norm. If we'd won today, I might have agreed with you. But all today showed was that the performance and result against City was the anomaly. We reverted to type today.

So you are saying I'm an moron and I'd pick a better team than the boss and yet you think you aren't in some way not calling for his head

Lol I'm thinking you are the idiot /moron here bud

Says the man with 'tiocfaidh ár lá' in his signature.
Slan.

Blame the board all you want there's only one person responsible for the likes of Keita, Ox, Jones etc still being at the club and it's Klopp.

Klopp has been collecting these sick note non-contributors and it's biting him in the arse.

They're still at the club because no other club are foolish enough to want a player who spends more time in the treatment room......unless you want Klopp to tell the owners, "hey, let's rip up the contract of these guys"

Majority of possession in all games bar against man city and Napoli but we keep recycling the ball all the way back to our keeper and start all over again without any penetration.
It's actually boring and exhausting to watch as very little threat from us. It's actually when the other teams have possession and loose it somehow when some sort of threat from us happens which is very rare .
Pretty much, just look at the team that played today.....does that scream of a team that are able to play fast free flowing attacking football? No. Does it scream of a team that can press another team into submission? No.

Blame the board all you want there's only one person responsible for the likes of Keita, Ox, Jones etc still being at the club and it's Klopp.

Klopp has been collecting these sick note non-contributors and it's biting him in the arse.

Absolutely this, and its now a massive problem.

Just for the record - Klopp is an outstanding manager, we go places with him and he rectifies changes when there is a problem on the pitch. But his biggest weakness are good qualities but I think he needs to re-assess these qualities when applied to football management:

1) His loyalty and belief in his own players to the extent that he still believes in them despite the fact that they cannot physically do what is being asked of them.

2) He has strong hope for his players that they will come good despite injuries. Unfortunately there are too many sick-notes and they are never available when you need them the most. Its a fact now - surely he needs to see that for his own sanity and reputation - he needs to have key players that are going to be fit more than sick. He should have sold Ox, and Keita after two seasons of not having them available. Sometimes you just have to let them go Klopp.

I feel its a helpless situation for us, formations and tactical changes are just not enough when you don't have the right players or enough of them to freshen stuff up.

Says the man with 'tiocfaidh ár lá' in his signature.
Slan.
Yes you muppet, It means "our day will come" which while is republician saying I felt it was apt for us as we were waiting so long for a title

And its slán not Slan for future reference

I don’t know what’s more depressing - our performance against Forrest or this thread.

They're still at the club because no other club are foolish enough to want a player who spends more time in the treatment room......unless you want Klopp to tell the owners, "hey, let's rip up the contract of these guys"

How does every other club get rid of players they no longer want? People act like having a shit or injury prone player is some sort of unique Liverpool curse that cannot be rectified. It's not, they only thing unique about it is we hang onto them for 5 years and beg them to sign new contracts because we're so much smarter than everybody else.

Yes, there's been injuries, but it's not the only reason. We've regularly had injuries during his tenure and he's still coped. This is different. They're not playing well and the players look like they can't and/or won't put the effort in. I think heads and legs have gone and a big refresh is needed.

In any case, with the injuries, Klopp and/or FSG should've done more about that in the summer. Everyone knew we needed more top class midfielders - plural - with this aging squad, as well as another body up top. They didn't do it. And the same, usual suspects have gotten injured again, and we're relying on kids and ox off the bench to drag us out the shit. It worked for 5 years, but all those same players are 5 years older now and it's not gonna fly anymore.
As I'e already said numerous times over the past 2 months, more than likely a combination of mental and physical fatigue and injuries (due to said physical exhaustion). I don't think it's difficult to work out (esp. with the drop off in pressing by most of the team) and although fresh blood would have helped it's not the primary reason for this season's malaise.

Results and performances like today are the new norm. If we'd won today, I might have agreed with you. But all today showed was that the performance and result against City was the anomaly. We reverted to type today.
Zzzzz what a load of bollocks.

I can’t defend the signing of Ox, it’ll never make sense but are we holding Klopp to an unfair standard if we’re calling out two midfield flops that we signed 4-5 years ago? Every top club has them, can we argue our failing is a financial one where we have to persist with flops where others can discard?
We gave Ox an extension on his contract. Klopp had to be part of that. He certainly has a blindspot when it comes to personnel. Esp regarding characters he likes.

He likes a lot of injury prone players for someone who has such a demanding style. It sucks but you take the bad with the good.

Few things annoy me more on here than when I read "this is on Klopp". It's all on Klopp, he's the manager. The good results, the shit results, the trophies. Its his responsibility.

We've not been backed as we should by FSG but they've never pretended to be something they're not. I'm fucked off they haven't invested as I think they should have, but we've ended up in a situation where we sold two attackers just before we started playing with more attackers; we have become reliant on a midfield squad which comprises of three injury prone players, two past their peak, three still unproven and one - Fabinho - whose form has dropped alarmingly, without us having any viable alternative. We've allowed Trent to get more and more disinterested in positional discipline.

Being charitable, I think things have fallen off probably a year before the management expected them to. But it looks like we'll be needing at least two starting midfielders ASAP and a couple more squad options. Over the next two windows. That's really bad squad management.

We gave Ox an extension on his contract. Klopp had to be part of that. He certainly has a blindspot when it comes to personnel. Esp regarding characters he likes.

He likes a lot of injury prone players for someone who has such a demanding style. It sucks but you take the bad with the good.

I wonder whether the decision on the Ox's contract was an attempt to keep his price up in anticipation of moving him on, which was being widely discussed at the time.

Reactions: HC
The thing that strikes me most about this squad this season is that they've turned into a gang of shithouses. It's like the Benitez days when we'd only play well and win at home. I think there's several things going on at once, but a big one is the fact that these players don't look like they have the stomach for the fight anymore.

Oh my mistake. This is a blip in the road. We've been playing swashbuckling total football all season
Regardless, this whole season isn't 'type'. The reasons are highly likely to be just mental and physical fatigue from last season's efforts, allied with the shortest recovery period of any team. This theory is highlighted by the number of injuries we sustain, far more than any other club in the PL. However the forum's perpetual pessimists would prefer the doom and gloom exposition to the logical one.

Regardless, this whole season isn't 'type'. The reasons are highly likely to be just mental and physical fatigue from last season's efforts, allied with the shortest recovery period of any team. This theory is highlighted by the number of injuries we sustain, far more than any other club in the PL. However the forum's perpetual pessimists would prefer the doom and gloom exposition to the logical one.

I don't disagree with any of that. When I say we've reverted to type, I mean this is the norm we can expect for this season. Not that everything that came before was a fluke.

The thing that strikes me most about this squad this season is that they've turned into a gang of shithouses. It's like the Benitez days when we'd only play well and win at home. I think there's several things going on at once, but a big one is the fact that these players don't look like they have the stomach for the fight anymore.

Why would you, when you've won everything there is to win in the game ? Add in the frequent injuries, the same training routines, same set of faces everyday, etc. - a dip in form is quite normal.

And last season's disappointment was a huge downer mentally. It's not everyday, that athletes can build themselves up immediately especially after a big dopamine crash. The elite ones know how and when to balance their dopamine/reward levels. And i suppose that's why City's Pep emphasized a lot on refreshing their squad with new players each season, and it's probably because new players bring a freshness, competitiveness, change to the dressing room. In neuroscience terms, it helps to shake off the mundane, and set new goals and rewards to aim for.

The way i see it is this Ferrari of ours is breaking down due to wear and tear. What it needs is a full MOT at the mechanics. But FSG is such a tightarse, they're trying to hunt for bargain deals off eBay for used car parts.

And to make things worse, they're buying cheapskate, broken Rover parts instead for our Ferrari engine. Think Melo.

Last edited:
Few things annoy me more on here than when I read "this is on Klopp". It's all on Klopp, he's the manager. The good results, the shit results, the trophies. Its his responsibility.

We've not been backed as we should by FSG but they've never pretended to be something they're not. I'm fucked off they haven't invested as I think they should have, but we've ended up in a situation where we sold two attackers just before we started playing with more attackers; we have become reliant on a midfield squad which comprises of three injury prone players, two past their peak, three still unproven and one - Fabinho - whose form has dropped alarmingly, without us having any viable alternative. We've allowed Trent to get more and more disinterested in positional discipline.

Being charitable, I think things have fallen off probably a year before the management expected them to. But it looks like we'll be needing at least two starting midfielders ASAP and a couple more squad options. Over the next two windows. That's really bad squad management.
FSG didn't choose the bench.

It was on Klopp yesterday. Sometimes you lose because of a smash and grab. Yesterday wasn't that.

I don't want him out. I always said he has a seasons grace..Top 4 should be a priority now or he will have a target on his back next season.

Those top table signings we had access too.. gone. Just like that if we don't finish top 4.

That's why it's on Klopp, along with stupid post game statements. He didnt see the same game as we did.

It's not right naming 2 keepers on the bench, when a youngster could have gained valuable experience.

There is no excuse for the situation we find ourselves in. Not injuries, not fatigue from last season. None.

Klopp & co (that includes FSG too I suppose) have overseen the best period in many fans lifetimes. The failure to capitalise on that is one thing - you can make the argument that we perhaps don't / didn't have the resources to do so if you want - but the way the squad has been left to wither and run on fumes is criminal.

We've known for a couple years now that we needed to start succession planning. That the squad is full of injury prone and unreliable players. That it's ageing. That the form of certain stalwarts can no longer be guaranteed.

The club has done the bare minimum (less than, I would argue) to deal with that.

Last season was the final push this squad had. It was incredible that they managed that given that we could all see they were running on empty. Unfortunately they didn't get the crowning glory they so richly deserved.

And now here we are suffering from the problems we all foresaw. Fatigue, injuries, struggles with form and a season of crisis management.

It's not solely on Klopp. It's on the entire management team.

Yes you muppet, It means "our day will come" which while is republician saying I felt it was apt for us as we were waiting so long for a title

And its slán not Slan for future reference

Yes mate, I know what it means. And I don’t need spelling lessons as gaeilge, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom