• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Forest (a) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a long hard painful season.

The defeat was expected given the line up really.

This season has been coming for a while. Everyone has been red hot in recent years, so a drop off was inevitable.

Gonna be a long hard painful season.

The defeat was expected given the line up really.

The thing that hurt the most was I expected the team to at least put a shift in. Fuck me. The only decent performances were from Ali and milner. Everyone else phoned it in.

They didn't bankroll the first one.

Now that we don't have a training ground to build or the stadium to extend, they don't have excuses for not spending on the team

There will always be excuses.

Then stop persevering with aging, injury-prone players and get more reliable, fresher people in. And as I said, it's not just injuries. We've been woeful all season, Bournemouth, City and the second half of Rangers aside.
Huh ?

That's a very different issue , that's probably FSG , finance orientated rather than Klopp or his current batch of players orientated and it is issues , find me a shit performance where the first team have all been fit

We were better against city because we played a system and had jota and thiago available.

I'm as concerned that carvalho and Elliott start so much as I am the older players like Millie.

We can both agree that the squad needs enhancements , chaff needs to be sold and fresh , quality players need to come in. Our inability to sign a midfielder until the final day of the window where we end up with Artur is pretty fucking unbelievable for a side that was 180 mins away from the quadruple !

Alisson 8 - 3 or 4 good saves.
Milner 5 - Did ok, can't expect a 92 year old to put in world class displays in an unnatural position.
Gomez 3 - Awful passing and again pulls off another skrtel like blunder.
Virgil 5 - Not often you critique a defender for goal scoring opportunities but he should've scored 2 today.
Robbo 5 - Was he playing?
Fab 6 - Pretty average, neat and tidy enough in possession but it's clear this isn't the same player as before.
Jones 4 - Average player, never really shines....get rid in summer.
Salah 5 - Marked himself out the game, awful touches.
Fabio - 4 don't think I saw him again after the chance he had.
Elliott 6 - Did his best but I've always said he's not ready for first team at this level....yet to be proven wrong.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Bobby 4 - See Salah.

Actually I'll give Trent a 6 too, thought he did reasonably well when he came on.

The thing that hurt the most was I expected the team to at least put a shift in. Fuck me. The only decent performances were from Ali and milner. Everyone else phoned it in.

You don't think they put a shift in? I just don't think they're good enough personally.

Any team would miss the players we have out, but especially us because the replacements are either past it or not ready for this level.

passing it across, back and forth in our back line, as they sat back. same old story
no runs off the ball, no penetration, no shots from distance, no strikers with presence in their box

shit

Huh ?

That's a very different issue , that's probably FSG , finance orientated rather than Klopp or his current batch of players orientated and it is issues , find me a shit performance where the first team have all been fit

We were better against city because we played a system and had jota and thiago available.

I'm as concerned that carvalho and Elliott start so much as I am the older players like Millie.

We can both agree that the squad needs enhancements , chaff needs to be sold and fresh , quality players need to come in. Our inability to sign a midfielder until the final day of the window where we end up with Artur is pretty fucking unbelievable for a side that was 180 mins away from the quadruple !

Our lineup against Arsenal:

Alisson
Trent
Virgil
Matip
Tsimikas

Henderson
Thiago

Salah
Jota
Diaz

Nunez

Bench:

Kelleher
Gomez
Konate
Phillips
Fabinho
Milner
Carvalho
Elliott
Firmino

Performance: shite

Brighton:

Alisson

Trent
Virgil
Matip
Tsimikas

Fabinho
Thiago
Hendo

Firmino
Salah
Carvalho

Bench:

Adrian
Gomez
Phillips
Milner
Elliott
Arthur
Jota
Diaz
Nunez

Performance: shite

Everton: cba typing. Team, strong. Performance, shite.

Napoli, the team on paper was much stronger than the shite it churned out. Probably other games too, but I cba because I just want this season to end already.

Yes there's been injuries, but they're being overstated. There's so much more going on here.

Cannonier really needs to be fast tracked to the first team. We've got zero depth, and we're without Jota and Diaz for a while.

I think he would be on the bench long before now if they thought he was good enough.

I suspect we just have to hope they manage to fix Gordon of whatever is wrong with him if we want a youth team fix.

Has Fabinho been to many Brazilian barbecues in the summer?

He keeps getting rinsed by every Championship level cunt week in week out like he was possessed by the ghost of Lucas' past

I think he would be on the bench long before now if they thought he was good enough.

I suspect we just have to hope they manage to fix Gordon of whatever is wrong with him if we want a youth team fix.

I think Gordon is done. And if he's not, he's clearly a massive sicknote.

Honestly i don't even know what to do with this team. It's so horribly disjointed, it'll take more than a couple of transfer windows to fix

I think Gordon is done. And if he's not, he's clearly a massive sicknote.
I don't doubt it. But it could be growing pains or similar to the Gerrard wisdom teeth issue. Kids that age sometimes do have issues that can be resolved.

Nah this isn't the end of Klopp. But virtually the entire team needs an overhaul. He needs to be backed with building a new side. But FSG won't do that. That lineup today was shocking. Too many injury prone players, too many past their best. We need an entirely new midfield, we need a new defence, and another forward player.
Not a hope in hell the fsg will invest heavily in players. It'll be the same 20-30m net spend if we are lucky

Well JJ, he's said he was content with his midfield options, and I'm content to take him at his word. I don't know what warnings he might or might not have given them, and I don't care to speculate.

But, perchance you've correctly divined the most popular manager we've had in decades has been hamstrung by the owners and cannot speak up for fear of the sack, then we might as well give up all hope.

I admit I'm speculating about what Klopp might have said behind the scenes, but it's either that or he really was content with his midfield options, and that to me seems by some distance the less likely option of the two. I don't think he'd be in immediate fear of the sack BTW but I do think any owners would be distinctly underwhelmed if their manager - however successful - was having a pop at them in public, would move to put a stop to it and, yes, would cut him loose if he persisted.

One positive, if there's really any, is today's defeat will (hopefully) clear the clouded vision some (esp. those at the club/in the board) will have after the recent results (esp. thrashing Rangers and beating Man City).

So many times such scenarios (papering over cracks) have happened: late qualification for CL - the season we got thrashed by Aston Villa and Alisson scored against WBA; staying in contention without those missing due to AFCON; barely "surviving"/scraping through during the CB injury crisis etc.

What's all this era ending bollocks ?

Fucking hell

Stick jota , Diaz , Nunez and matip back into the squad and were fucking night and day going to be different

Injuries are shagging us , lightweight squad , no investment but end of an era ? Fuck off
Tbf it wasn't any better when Nunez and Diaz were playing. Just look at Fulham, utd, Palace, Napoli Brighton.....
The injuries do make a difference but this game isn't an isolated incident. There is a lot wrong atm.
As has been said, I have faith in klopp, totally 100% back to sort this even if its back to the drawing board and its takes a few years to come back from

Nobody has said Klopp out you fool. But he has lost the plot. I’d have picked a better 1st 11 today with what he had available. He had 2 goalkeepers on the bench. What?
No you wouldn't. So you think you would do better than klopp? If a no mark idiot on a football forum would do better than one of the greatest managers in the history of our club then ya klopp should be gone

What's all this era ending bollocks ?

Fucking hell

Stick jota , Diaz , Nunez and matip back into the squad and were fucking night and day going to be different

Injuries are shagging us , lightweight squad , no investment but end of an era ? Fuck off

Ohh fuck off with that shite. That team today was more than good enough to beat newly promoted and bottom of the table Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom