• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Everton (a) - Sat 12:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes - it's an issue.
As is the fact we play kinda slowly - which is not like us.
Again, something that has nothing to do with injuries ...
It's a team in transition ... it's not a very good team right now either ...

I think the goal in the league, starting with Wolves, should be a) how to get Mo more involved and b) how to solidify the defense.
I think this is it.

Preseason was too short.

I still think we should have moved Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita at the end of the season and integrated their replacements. But we’re where we are and I know Klopp will sort this eventually. By which time the title will be out of reach, unfortunately.

Just watched the match again.

Is anybody else really worried about how many chances we’re seemingly giving up from our own corners or when we lose the ball? There was a 5 on 2 break in the second half from our corner, for example where Everton broke from the edge of its own box and Damon nearly scored. And it’s not just Everton, either. Newcastle, Fulham, Crystal Palace and Man H were at their most threatening from us turning the ball over. We don’t spot danger early enough and doing anything about it. Van Dijk, Gomez and Becker were brilliant yesterday considering just how they were exposed.
We need to be challenging hard for the 2nd balls as Klopp puts it. We didn't do that because we lacked intensity and the usual workrate. Everton were able to take control of the ball completely from our corner and when they broke, none of our players could catch up. Indeed we were lucky they didn't score off some 5v3 and 4v2 fast break situations off our attacking corners. It's a common trend in other games this season as well.

I think this is it.

Preseason was too short.

I still think we should have moved Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita at the end of the season and integrated their replacements.
But we’re where we are and I know Klopp will sort this eventually. By which time the title will be out of reach, unfortunately.

This should have happened a year ago.

305346998_5471955829555674_4048125878109002832_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom