• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fulham (A) - PL - 21 April 2024

Speaking in length about any of the subs today feels pointless, game was done and dusted and they were just brought on to freshen things up......they could've come on and just stood wandering about but looked full of running which I suppose was a plus.

The biggest +ve was that we could've let the goal on the stroke of HT kill our spirit, Klopp could've changed it there and then but the same XI came out 2nd half, regained control and took the game away from Fulham. Very pleasing.
Just had the feeling that it was about getting a goal or two for Salah, and playing him into some sort of form, same goes for Nunez, though I feel that it was more important for Salah to boost the cash offered for him this summer

Too generous. They were decent, good even, but most were not 7s and up.

Ali 6.5 - nothing to do
Quansha 7
Robbo 5 - An 8? WTF? He was possibly our worst player, esp. in the 1st half where he was responsible for 3-4 attacks due to a failure to defend or he did his patented diving in, missing, and giving the winger a free run behind him.
Diaz 7 constantly beat defenders and caused havoc.

Others I agree but all probably a 0.5 point lower.
When the ball was played to him

Chuffed about the result.

Klopp was right. Winning is a habit and that's what matters at this stage.

If that means playing it safe then that's what we need to do. Btw Klopp watches the team in training so I think he is in a better posituom to tell who needs a rest. All of our front 5 are world class on their day. His job is to decide who's day it is.

I honestly think @Hansern has a point. If you think Klopp will continue playing Gakkers, Jota and Diaz up front for the rest of the season think again. Klopp will tinker, count on it.
You're probably right, but then he does have form for playing the same 11 match after match during the run in; he seems to rotate through the season, then pick his 11 and get them to take it over the line. Then again I cant see him leaving Salah on the bench for the next 5

You're probably right, but then he does have form for playing the same 11 match after match during the run in; he seems to rotate through the season, then pick his 11 and get them to take it over the line. Then again I cant see him leaving Salah on the bench for the next 5
True, but as you yourself alluded to, it's Salah we're talking about. The last player I want taking pens but for some reason still is on penalty duty.

So who are your penalty takers (say Top 5 so we have it covered no matter who is on the pitch)?

1. Macca
2. Nunez (brilliant record despite hitting the post last time)
3. Jota (he's got to be good right)?
4. Mo.
5. Ali (I bet he'd be ace)

So who are your penalty takers (say Top 5 so we have it covered no matter who is on the pitch)?

1. Macca
2. Nunez (brilliant record despite hitting the post last time)
3. Jota (he's got to be good right)?
4. Mo.
5. Ali (I bet he'd be ace)
1. Macca
2. Trent
3. Virgil. He will even tell the keeper which side he’s hitting.
4. SoBoss
5. Jota

Klopp should play that front free again, unfortunately he will put Salah back in on Wednesday, even though he's playing like it's already the Summer. I wouldn't put Nunez near near that lineup for the derby and for all of Gravenberch's flashes of quality yesterday, we don't need any passengers against Everton.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp drops Jota for Salah against Everton, which is barmy, but in terms of balance it's probably what he'll do and also considering Jota has only just returned from injury.

I think he'll go with this:

-----------------Alisson--------------
Trent----Konate-----VVD----Robbo
----------------Endo-----------------
--------Macca-------CJ/DS----------
-Salah---------Gapko-------Diaz--

Salah is returning from a serious injury as per Klopp, so I dont think he’s on his holidays yet.

Darwin and Salah will probably start against Everton given fitness and minutes.

Salah - Darwin - Diaz

Salah is returning from a serious injury as per Klopp, so I dont think he’s on his holidays yet.

Darwin and Salah will probably start against Everton given fitness and minutes.

Salah - Darwin - Diaz
So another game of 30+ shots and zero goals then.

Yeah, I dont think we’ve won one game this season with Mo starting…

If we didnt have West Ham on Saturday the same front trio that played yesterday would deserve to start, no doubt.

We do need to get in a position where we get as many players hitting some kind of form as possible, Salah will have a huge part to play in deciding this title race still......on the flip side I don't want to see Jones or Harvey anywhere near the starting XI. Can see Jones being a passenger again and they'll use their physicality to swarm all over Harvey like a kid playing a "mans" game.

Gakpo should keep his place on that left side, Diaz seriously needs a rest.....he offered nothing in that 2nd half.

Yea i’m not sure he has anything left to give this season, bad form and empty tank. I don’t think it’s a lack of trying though, you can clearly see he’s not happy with himself.

It was a good team performance, three good goals, and most important thing is the three points.
I thought Endo and Robbo were excellent! Gakpo , Elliott, Trent, and Jota have played very well. More or less, we need the same performance against Everton. Good Luk

No, Salah is finished and has his eyes set on a boat trip to Sardinia.
Just plays for the wages now.
Good thing there is such faithful support to Salah on SCM even if he has looked out of sorts since back from injury.
At times on here, some of it is pathetic mob like school yard vitorel that’s not going to any better even if his form does somehow improve which is unlikely. Better just play Diaz/Gakpo to clog on for now.

Good thing there is such faithful support to Salah on SCM even if he has looked out of sorts since back from injury.
At times on here, some of it is pathetic mob like school yard vitorel that’s not going to any better even if his form does somehow improve which is unlikely. Better just play Diaz/Gakpo to clog on for now.

I know. I find the whole Salah stuff tiresome in all honesty. We need him for the run in.

I don't think its pathetic to suggest that one of Klopp's weaknesses is not being willing or brave enough to manage Salah's minutes, either due to fatigue or poor performance.

Comments that he is playing poorly (which is FINALLY supported by @rubans saying "he has looked out of sorts") get responses from the usual suspects who think all of our players should be on the Balon D'Or shortlist.

He's been poor since AFCON and his injury, our balance looks better without him and he needs to earn his place back. There shouldn't be anything wrong with this statement. Our attack was better when he was injured, for whatever reason. I also suspect that when he isn't on the pitch, other players feel an increased sense of responsibility (rightly or wrongly). This isn't Mo's fault, but it is still yet another argument for him not playing. Similar to Kane at Spurs. They were actually better without him, as they had to change their style of play.

I don't think its pathetic to suggest that one of Klopp's weaknesses is not being willing or brave enough to manage Salah's minutes, either due to fatigue or poor performance.

Comments that he is playing poorly (which is FINALLY supported by @rubans saying "he has looked out of sorts") get responses from the usual suspects who think all of our players should be on the Balon D'Or shortlist.

He's been poor since AFCON and his injury, our balance looks better without him and he needs to earn his place back. There shouldn't be anything wrong with this statement. Our attack was better when he was injured, for whatever reason. I also suspect that when he isn't on the pitch, other players feel an increased sense of responsibility (rightly or wrongly). This isn't Mo's fault, but it is still yet another argument for him not playing. Similar to Kane at Spurs. They were actually better without him, as they had to change their style of play.
"Finally?" Been saying he hasn't playing well since he has come back but not sure if you missed some of my other brilliant posts on the matter?. The point which you seemed to have missed again your opportunism is the number of "Salah is shit" posts is just boring while ignoring context about where he is and what he has achieved. The current post injury Salah isn't playing well enough to start but then tell me, who really has that well in the last few games? Endo, Konate, Macca, Diaz, Darwin, Szbo, Jones? They have all been a bit pants.
Salah didn't start against Atlanta and we were still shite, in fact there's been a few games where Salah hasn't started and we still haven't been any good so what does that say?
This isn't about in differences in views about Salah on here, that's all fine and good but are some being reasonable about Salah compared to others? Not so sure. When I look at someone like Salah, I see them in the same way as Virgil, Hyppia, Gerrard, Barnes and Carra. It's about do I really want to lay into him on every post or also be grateful for what he has meant to this club and achieved with us. We had strikers come and go in that time but he is still here, you may not see that as any sort of value but Klopp does. No one is claiming he is PL player of the year or Ballon'Dor as that is just nonsense by the way but maybe some of us defend Salah because it just feels like schoolyard mob bullying and want to add some balance? Some of the Salah obsession is just weird and uncomfortable viewing to be honest.

In terms back on just his ability, was similar with Trent 2 weeks ago, Bradely was there to start and Trent should not start in that position as first choice but it's obvious what he brings over other candidates soon as he came back. It's a different ball game.

I remember in the old days, club legends were allowed to gracefully naturally degrade and end up in a different position with less playing time, but with Salah it seems he must be forced out and sold out to ensure we get the maximum value from him before it's too late. I guess we really have become the cunts we accuse other clubs being then...

Last edited:
"Finally?" Been saying he hasn't playing well since he has come back but not sure if you missed some of my other brilliant posts on the matter?. The point which you seemed to have missed again your opportunism is the number of "Salah is shit" posts is just boring while ignoring context about where he is and what he has achieved. The current post injury Salah isn't playing well enough to start but then tell me, who really has that well in the last few games?
This isn't about in difference in views about Salah, that's all fine and good but are some being reasonable about Salah?
When I look at someone like Salah, I see them in the same way as Virgil, Hyppia, Gerrard, Barnes and Carra. It's about do I really want to lay into him on every post or also be grateful for what he has meant to this club and achieved with us. We had strikers come and go in that time but he is still here, you may not see that as any sort of value but Klopp does. No one is claiming he is PL player of the year or Ballon'Dor as that is just nonsense by the way but maybe some of us defend Salah because it just feels like school yard mob bullying and want to add some balance?
I remember in the old days, club legends were allowed to gracefully naturally degrade and end up in a different position with less playing time, but with Salah it seems he must be forced out and sold out to ensure we get the maximum value from him before it's too late. I guess we really have become the cunts we accuse other clubs being then...

We are currently letting him degrade instead of being proactive and trying to find different solutions to a problem (missing too many chances every game when top of the league) that could have meant we were still top with the title 'in our hands'. Instead we have 5 games left and are relying on two teams to both drop points.

I've put a longer post up in the Salah thread. But I don't for one minute support the idea we should let him degrade in front of our eyes just because he is a great (and he is a great).

Sounds like you would rather we came 2nd/3rd with Salah as our front line, than an alternative where we could be 1st with Salah rotated/benched.

We are currently letting him degrade instead of being proactive and trying to find different solutions to a problem (missing too many chances every game when top of the league) that could have meant we were still top with the title 'in our hands'. Instead we have 5 games left and are relying on two teams to both drop points.

I've put a longer post up in the Salah thread. But I don't for one minute support the idea we should let him degrade in front of our eyes just because he is a great (and he is a great).

Sounds like you would rather we came 2nd/3rd with Salah as our front line, than an alternative where we could be 1st with Salah rotated/benched.
That's not what I said but anyway...
We aren't going to finish 2nd/3rd based on just one player's performance and include Salah in it. Number of reasons for that but our failure to beat City and Arsenal this season would be a pretty big one, number of chances missed in that game by our strikers against City at home and losing Arsenal away with a poor performance with pretty much a 2nd string would be one. They were 6 pointers.
It's a team game and we just haven't been very good as a team over the last few games in all areas of the pitch regardless of Salah playing, it is simple as that.

As for Grav, I hope the goal gives him some confidence, but it does not tell us anything we don't already know. He's not interested (enough) in 75% of the duties that make up an 8. He only switches on when we enter the attacking third, everything else seems a bit of a chore or a process to get to the bit he enjoys. Fans would be far more forgiving of the little errors if he was consistently giving everything on the pitch. I'd much rather see the lad dripping in sweat than banging in it from twenty yards every four months. Until then he's going to have to make peace with being a rotation option. It's easy to forget how young he is so he deserves patience, but I'm also not sure how anyone could fire him up more. If Klopp can't getting him running through walls then you do have to question if anyone can.

You mean like Fowler, Owen, Mane, Torres, Suarez, Wijnaldum, Mascherano, Skrtel, Souness, Agger, Garcia, Beardsley, Hendo etc. etc. Yes some of them wanted to move but if they've reached their effective time here then it's more than fair to move them on, it's a two way street, some will want to move others won't, but this is a professional game not a charity.

Do you seriously think other top clubs hang onto their aging players when they start to become liabilities a shadow of their former selves?

When was the last time a club legend accepted less minutes and a casual wind down at the team they made their name? For any club, not just us.

You mean like Fowler, Owen, Mane, Torres, Suarez, Wijnaldum, Mascherano, Skrtel, Souness, Agger, Garcia, Beardsley, Hendo etc. etc. Yes some of them wanted to move but if they've reached their effective time here then it's more than fair to move them on, it's a two way street, some will want to move others won't, but this is a professional game not a charity.

Do you seriously think other top clubs hang onto their aging players when they start to become liabilities a shadow of their former selves?
Mane moved into the middle from left in his last season and was great.
Not going to call some of the players legends on the list, It looks like who's who of whom wanted to leave mostly. Suarez, Mascher wanted outski sharpish and so did Torres,
What I referred to was I meant Barnes, Gerrard, Carra, Grobbelaar.
Barnes moved to the middle from Left Wing, Gerrard became a DCM I guess for e.g.
Not sure what you are saying here, no one is asking to hold onto the player who isn't providing value, are you saying seriously Salah wasn't pre-Jan? As long as player is providing value on the pitch to keep us challenging then I don't see the issue.
Regardless, Salah has one more year on his contract then he will probably go off into the sunset.

Last edited:
Mane moved into the middle from left in his last season and was great.
Not going to call some of the players legends on the list, It looks like who's who of whom wanted to leave mostly. Suarez, Mascher wanted outski sharpish and so did Torres,
What I referred to was I meant Barnes, Gerrard, Carra, Grobbelaar.
Barnes moved to the middle from Left Wing, Gerrard became a DCM I guess for e.g.
Not sure what you are saying here, no one is asking to hold onto the player who isn't providing value, are you saying seriously Salah wasn't pre-Jan? As long as player is providing value on the pitch to keep us challenging then I don't see the issue.
Regardless, Salah has one more year on his contract then he will probably go off into the sunset.

When Gerrard wasn't guaranteed minutes, he fucked off to LA. Carra retired the season after him not being a guaranteed starter. Barnes I agree we slowly used less and less until retirement. It's not not so much we're using players less, its more they refuse to be played less, and just bugger off.

The way we currently play, there's nowhere else Salah could be effective, other than maybe the 9. I just don't see it though. I doubt he would want to eitherm

When Gerrard wasn't guaranteed minutes, he fucked off to LA. Carra retired the season after him not being a guaranteed starter.

If I believed Salah could play a 10, maybe. I just don't see it though
This was my point, so I'm OK with that like Hendo did too. It's not like Salah is going to get any better but I'm not going to get worked up each game while he is here till then because it is what it is because he has earnt that right. Gerrard was a place holder in his last season and till his contract ran out.

Back
Top Bottom